MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > The Sergeants' Mess

Notices

Old 22-01-04, 02:53
Film maker, CMP addict

Default An international call

Just had a phone call from Jon Skagfeld, all the way from the snowy climes of Canada!
It was a real blast talking to you, Jon and it made my day, so thanks so much for the call.
Looking forward to seeing you chaps - I'd better practice my imbibing skills.

42 FGT No8 (Aust) remains
42 FGT No9 (Aust)
42 F15
Keith Webb
Macleod, Victoria Australia
Also Canadian Military Pattern Vehicles group on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/canadianmilitarypattern
Old 22-01-04, 04:58
In Vino Veritas

Default Sorry Keith...

...Toronto and area aren't even considered Canada here in the west! They have RAIN!!!! in January !!!! The 2 days of snow they get , they call in the ARMY to help shovel out. It hit -15 last week and schools closed and people stayed home from work! We haven't seen the teen side of -20 since dec and the last couple of days it almost got cold with -35's and 20 knot winds. My friends kids are making snow forts and he can't keep them inside.So I guess "technically" it is the winter months where they live but the lower part of Ontario is on the same latitude as the higher part of CALIFORNIA. Just to let you know. YOu are most welcome to visit anytime so you can experience the real thing.
Sean
Old 22-01-04, 06:51
Vets Dottir

Default Re: Sorry Keith...

Quote:
Originally posted by Snowtractor
...Toronto and area aren't even considered Canada here in the west! They have RAIN!!!! in January !!!! The 2 days of snow they get , they call in the ARMY to help shovel out. It hit -15 last week and schools closed and people stayed home from work! We haven't seen the teen side of -20 since dec and the last couple of days it almost got cold with -35's and 20 knot winds. My friends kids are making snow forts and he can't keep them inside.So I guess "technically" it is the winter months where they live but the lower part of Ontario is on the same latitude as the higher part of CALIFORNIA. Just to let you know. YOu are most welcome to visit anytime so you can experience the real thing.
Sean
Hey ... Snowtractor Sean .... I take EXCEPTION to your bashing the west ... I'm in the SE corner of BC, sorta ... and we hit a nippy -27 celcius a few days ago ... I've spent many a mornig UN-FREEZING my Van, and shovelling snow off it and the driveway so I could get out and work, soI could drive 7 days a week highway thru blizzards and yes ... rain/fog/sleet/hail/drunken drivers/deer/loose dogs and teenage 4-wheelers ... Castlegar, Nelson, Nakusp, Kaslo.... WINTER COUNTRY IN BC! (mind you, I'm from Manitoba originally ... and those onthe coast shut the whole west coast down ... I'll give you THAT! Here with -27 celcius? The kids went to school in shorts (almost)

KEITH ... GOOSE DOWN JACKET (ask your host for his), WOOLYSOCKS, WOOLY TOQUE, LONG_JOHNS, and lotsa rum and make sure the CMP things have good winter tires

SNOWTRACTOR ... hi there ... long time no yap and nice to see you're still alive ... not turned into an ICE-SCUPLTURE ...

ciao for now from SE BC ... Yappy
Old 22-01-04, 12:35
In Vino Veritas

Default Erm....

...I live in the west, the arctic to boot, I'm bashing Torunto... Yup time to bash all those pot smoking mushroom eating BC'ers now...explains their governments anyway..like those 2 billion dollar fast ferries they sold for coupla hundred thousand dollars... hiya back VD
Old 22-01-04, 13:04
Vets Dottir

Default Re: Erm....

Quote:
Originally posted by Snowtractor
...I live in the west, the arctic to boot, I'm bashing Torunto... Yup time to bash all those pot smoking mushroom eating BC'ers now...explains their governments anyway..like those 2 billion dollar fast ferries they sold for coupla hundred thousand dollars... hiya back VD
HEY... now you hold on just a minute BUSTER ... could you be makin' fun o my name?

"JD ... paging JD BAILLIE ... please, come in good buddy ... Snowtractor don't 10-4 ... can yah enlighten him on "the GIFT" of the naming of MOI? O please DO?"

I don't need (and DISLIKE) the pot and the "shrooms" or the Prozac either ... got me own little stash of endorphin releaser tucked away hidden from all you nasty boys ... CHOCOLATE! Who needs yah baby? A woman with chocolate is a HAPPY woman! Don't care about winter when I've got my chocolate... but do love when the SUN shines on the white snow

YAPS is back...kinda sorta for a wee bit ... need to try get to 2222 posts ... (why?... Why not ... something to fill time til the spring thaw )

KEITH .... take LOTS of pictures ofyour Canadian Escapades and Escapaders
Old 22-01-04, 14:51
The Original CMP Site!

Default A beautiful day here

in Western Australia. It was about 35 C during the day and it's about 23 C at nearly 10 o'clock tonight.

Tough hey?

Rod
Old 22-01-04, 15:39
In Vino Veritas

Default Too hot!!

23 is okay but 35 is too hot for this cat! Wx hot off the press is -35 days and -39 nights for the next week, sure am glad I don't live in Yellowknife, now that place is cold! Incidentally Alex has earned the right to be a cold suck, he used to work in the high arctic when they still had cold temperatures.
Sean