MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > The Restoration Forum

Notices

Old 04-08-17, 13:02
Nathan Peters

Default C60L Gun Laying Radar/Fire truck Restoration

Hello all
I have been following the MLU forum for a few weeks from a distance and have decided to wade in.
Its a bit of a long story...so I'll start at the end.
I have taken on this restoration to help my neighbour who has been trying to get the vehicle back to its former Rural Fire Service glory days.
The strip down, paint and engine rebuild was taken on by a committee several years ago but the funding ran out and the project was mothballed.
The vehicle originally came to Australia as a Gun laying Radar Convoy truck and was probably sold off to the NSW Government to finish life in the Bush Fire brigade. 
I have plenty of questions and have found out most of the history of this vehicle from this great Forum.

First question re: Chevy 216 front engine mount. I have purchased the tin tray with rectangular rubber block but can't find any pictures or description on how it mounts correctly. Are there two bits of tinware to protect the rubber from oil?
The photo I grabbed off the web looks like an after-market mount but I haven't seen anything like it for sale.
If anyone could take a photo of the correct type of mount and installation I would be grateful.
Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
RFS.jpg  
Attached Images

Last edited by ncpeters; 09-08-17 at 07:00. Reason: Add picture