MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > The Softskin Forum

Notices

Old 24-12-18, 01:09
MLU Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Dunlop View Post
As for the older posting of the Cab 13 CMP with all the people hanging out of it. Definitely not the Dodge CMP. That was part of a series of publicity shots taken to celebrate the milestone in overall CMP production. There is a complete series of those shots somewhere. For whatever reason, they shipped a Ford CMP all the way to Oshawa and the photos were taken at the GM plant there with mucky mucks from Ford, Chrysler and GM present.
That was an F60L, see http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=22824

H.
Old 24-12-18, 07:22

Default I spy with my little eye......

Fantastic pictures Jordan....... and they were taken in Ottawa ....... from Lebreton's Flat or about were the CWM is today.......

In Plate X and X11 you can see the Quebec side and I would bet a whole dollar that the 6 span bridge in the back ground is the Prince of Wales RR bridge that connected the marshaling yards of Lebreton to the PQ side just below the current Hull Armory at St Joseph blvd. Bridge is still there although unused. Pretty sure that the little building was a RR office in the flats...... behind it would be Mechanicsville....rough part of town on "the other side" of the tracks just short of where Tunneys Pasture was filled with government buildings in the late 50/60.

There is no way to tell if a Chrysler 6 or even the straight 8 was installed on the Ford power train.

....and I believe that the ballasted trailer is the same, with fenders removed, that Grant has almost finished restoring.

PS.... it is the same as Grant's trailer...... notice the tailgate bottom center...it has a small flap door that opens outward.....Grant reproduced it but we have no idea what it was intended for...... also just front of the trailer rear spring hanger you can see the dark outline of where the fender bracket was located.....finally the drop sides have been removed....... but on top of the side panels the hinges are still visible.....

PPS.....plate IX and plate V11...... there seems to be an exhaust pipe on the driver's side......which would be logical with a Chrysler (6 or 8) engine and almost necessary with the winch on the passenger side.....

That's it!!!
Canada

Last edited by Bob Carriere; 24-12-18 at 07:37.
Old 30-12-18, 04:32

I wonder if it's anything like the rear bodies built by GMH Special Body Division for a range of Aussie-built/assembled vehicles like my International K5?
Attached Thumbnails
Plate.jpg  
Old 04-03-19, 15:46

im going to go look at what is to be a dodge cmp says he has one for parts and the other one he hauls wood out to sell for fire wood ,i will take pics