MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > Military Shows & Events > COROWA - THE EVENT

Notices

Old 12-06-11, 06:33
Corowa Project 30

Default 2012 Corowa Swim-In Year of the 6x6

Hi all,
It is only 9 months until the next Swim-In. We have just released our 9th Newsletter so if you haven't received a copy please send me an email. It appears that we will have a number of 6x6 vehicles. KVE would appreciate your Entry Forms ASAP so if you require a copy also send me an email.

On 23rd July we will have our next KVE AGM and General meeting. It will be held at Corowa from 3pm. We welcome anyone to attend. We are also requiring a new editor and Webmaster so if you can help this would be greatly appreciated. To be honest this takes very little time compared to the rest of the event organising. Anyone is welcome to join KVE so please send an email if you require further information.

Once we have met in July we should be able to let you know the program of activities.
Research & Development
THE COROWA YEAR 30 PROJECT
Old 25-08-11, 11:21
Corowa Project 30

We are nearly ready to release our next KVE newsletter. Thought I would share with you the report I have placed in the newsletter. If you aren't on my database send me an email so I can make sure you receive all the Corowa updates.

Secretary’s / Public Relations Report
We need to remind enthusiasts that each year we have a theme but you are always welcome to attend with any ex-military vehicle you own or come along in your modern vehicle to be a part of the gathering.

KVE preparations for the swim-in: March 2012:
In July we had a KVE AGM and a General Meeting at Corowa. A number of KVE Inc members turned up and we can now release our Program of Events. We need to remind enthusiasts that each year we have a theme but you are always welcome to attend with any ex-military vehicle you own or come along in your modern vehicle to be a part of the gathering.

Entry Form for 2012:
If you haven’t returned your Entry Form for 2012 please do so ASAP so it gives the organisers an indication of the numbers and types of vehicles along with the number of participants we are to expect. It only costs $15 per vehicle to enter and if you preregister by 29th February you will receive a participant pack upon arrival in Corowa. Last year we were given vouchers from local businesses so make sure you look at the information in your pack when you receive it as there could be important information on the event, Voting Form, vouchers and mementoes included in your pack.

KVE Site Office:
Robert Pearce will be organising the Site Office roster for 2012. We are looking for people who may be interested in helping out. It is a good opportunity to meet some of the participants from far and wide. KVE would like to give thanks to those people who assisted last year. At this stage the office will be open at the following times:
Monday 12th March: 9-11am and 3-6pm
Tuesday 13th March: 9-11am and 3-6pm
Wed 14th March: 8.30-11am and 3-6pm
Thur 15th March: 8.30-11am and 3-6pm
Fri 16th March: 8.30-11am and 3-6pm
Sat 17th March: from 7.30-8.45am: People who have arrived overnight or just for the parade should go straight to Bangerang Park. You will be able to get your package if you have pre-registered or receive your vehicle number. Site office at Airport will open at 8.30 to 12.30pm. Voting forms can be submitted up until 12 midday at the Airport Site Office.
To put your name down for a time contact Robert on Email: hrpearce123@bigpond.com or phone: 02 69465101.

At the Site Office you are welcome to have a look at various boards and put advertisements up on the following boards:
a) For Sale and Wanted advertisements: there will be a board for you to put advertisements on.
b) Coming Events: If you want to advertise any future events you will be participating in then feel free to put a notice on the Coming Events board.
c) Your contact details if you are looking to meet other participants
Articles on past Corowa Events: please give to Jan if you have any of these. There are a number of notice boards which have copies of articles from past Corowa events. Take a look when you have spare time as you might appear in one of more of these articles.
A whiteboard at the front of the Site Office will advise of ‘Today’s and Tomorrow’s Activities’. Please check this daily in case of time changes.
Coffee & Tea: you are welcome to make yourselves a free coffee or tea.

Vehicle Numbers:
Upon arrival at Corowa you need to go down to Ball Park Caravan Park and register your vehicle. Vehicle numbers will only be given to people with an ex-military vehicle and due to the large numbers of vehicles we are expecting this makes it easier for us to provide a tally of the types and numbers of vehicles at our event. The number must be placed either on the front window or bumper bar of your vehicle. This makes it easier for the organisers to determine if your vehicle has been entered.

Motoring Event at Corowa on Saturday 10th to Monday 12th March:
There may be a motoring event at Corowa on the Victorian Long Weekend. It is advisable if you are planning to arrive on the Saturday or the Sunday that you make sure your accommodation is sorted. There are not many details about the event at this stage but it shouldn’t effect what we are doing.

VOTING FORM
Please put this form in the Suggestion Box by 12 midday on Saturday 17th March. At 1200hrs this box will be cleared and any forms received after this will not be included. We need time to count and organize the results for the presentations on Saturday night.
Awards: Please give the person’s name and the reason for them to be considered for an Award.
1. Mal Mackay Memorial Award: This award will be given to an individual who appears to get the most enjoyment out of being at Corowa.
Name: Reason why:
2. Hard Luck award:
3. Breakdown Award:
4. Longest distance driven in a military vehicle:
Name: Number of Kilometres driven:
5. Encouragement Award:
6. People’s Favorite Choice: For your favorite vehicle attending this year.
Vehicle rally number: Type of Vehicle:
Suggestions for a Theme for 2016

Suggestions for places to visit in 2013

Media coverage on 2011:
Fortunately we received great coverage on the 2011 event. Magazines such as Jeep Action Australia, Classic Military Vehicles and Military Machines International had extensive reports. Classic Military Vehicles July edition has a report written by Peter McNeill. We will be hoping for some free publicity in magazines and newspapers over the next 7 months.

ABC Radio Interview regarding why people collect military vehicles after the Army released information on the disposal of 12,000 military vehicles
When the announcement came regarding the 12000 surplus Army vehicles and trailers will be disposed of over the next 10 years as part of the Defence’s reforms of military equipment I received a phone call from the ABC Radio in Perth. During the 10 minute interview they asked me a number of questions related to why people collect military vehicles. After being associated with military vehicles for 40 years I was able to give a very positive report about the types of people and also was able to promote our annual event at Corowa. (Further in this newsletter is an article on some opinions which were forwarded.)
Defence Minister Jason Clare said the money raised from the sale would be invested in Force 2030. The vehicles to be disposed of are non-combat vehicles such as Land rovers, trailers, Unimogs, trucks and truck-mounted cranes. A number of vehicles would be reserved and offered exclusively to community and heritage organisations. Organisations wishing to acquire vehicles can register their interest by emailing disposals@defence.gov.au or by calling (02) 93932914.

Dogs at Corowa Airport:
I would just like to remind people that dogs are not allowed at any airport. We have investigated a local dog kennel close to the airport and suggest if you are taking your dog to Corowa you contact the kennel and organise for then to look after your dog when required (especially on the Saturday when we are at Corowa Airport for most of the day). This newsletter provides contact details.

Camping at Corowa Airport:
We are awaiting confirmation of permission to camp at the Corowa Airport. This is a Shire issue and an application has been made by KVE for limited camping to be allowed. When this is approved Tabitha at the airport would really appreciate people pre-booking their powered or non-powered sites so she knows how many people are staying. She is considering hiring more toilets and showers but she can only do this once she knows the numbers. The Corowa Shire are responsible for these facilities and to make sure we have enough and they are cleaned on a regular basis you must give Tabitha plenty of notice that you will be staying there. There are plenty of other caravan parks in Corowa who would accept your booking.
Upon arrival at the Airport you must visit the Jump Shak to be allocated to your campsite. Contact Tabitha Hughes on 0415 704748.
If camping is allowed at the Airport the cost will be $10 per person, per night for a powered site and she has some beds left in the Jump Shak for the same price. There is now air conditioning in the Jump Shak. Meals will be available but you must inform Tabitha ahead of time. This year it will be STRICTLY NO DOGS. These rules apply at all airports.

Accommodation at Ball Park Caravan Park:
For those requiring a powered site at Ball Park Caravan Park it is advisable to contact them ASAP. Some years they have run out of powered sites.
Contact Sonia & Andrew Palmer on (02) 60331426

Memorial Board for enthusiasts who are no longer with us:
Each year we loose some well known military vehicle collectors. KVE has a Memorial Board and would appreciate an A4 size article including a photo of any person who has attended Corowa so we can remember these people.

Daily Newspaper:
Our KVE member Brian Healey will be producing a daily newspaper from Tuesday to Saturday. It will be called Daily Dispatches. Make sure you collect your copy each morning from the KVE Site Office at Ball Park.

Program of Activities:
Wednesday 14th March: Visit to the South Corowa School at 10am. Drive out to the Owl’s Eye Rural and Military Museum on the Hopefield-Rand Rd approximately 15 kms from Corowa. BYO lunch. BBQ facilities will be available. In the afternoon we will visit the Lowesdale Public School and come back via the Redland Hills where there is a piggery. If time permits there is a collector in town with Vintage Tractors and Machinery. Fortunately we have 3 KVE members who live near Corowa who are organising this trip.

Thursday 15th March: Departing at approximately 8.30am from Ball Park Caravan Park. Visit to the “Finley and District Historic Museum and Log Cabin." It is in town on the Newell Highway at the Tocumwal end of town. They have a good collection of all sorts of items and equipment, and have engines, etc, that can be run while we are there. Entry cost $5

Friday 16th March: Departing at approx. 8.30am from Ball Park Caravan Park. Trip is to the Pentarch facility at Wangaratta. We anticipate the visit will be about 1 to 1 ½ hours. Trip one way is approx 1 hour with some impromptu detours on the way back via the Boorhamen brewery and the Renaissance Chocolate factory.

Friday night: The Corowa Jump Shak will organise a meal. It will probably be a spit roast with potatoes, salads and bread for $18 per head for adults and $9 per head for children. Desserts will be at an extra cost. Participants will be required to contact Tim and Tabitha directly. Phone: 0415 704748 or email: timmy_tj@bigpond.net.au
In the evening we are hoping to have John Belfield as our guest speaker at Corowa Airport.

Saturday 17th March: Vehicles will line up at Bangerang Park from 7.30am and participate in the parade to the Corowa Airport where there will be a photo shoot and swap meet. In the evening there will be an auction and presentations.

Sunday 18th March: KVE will have a General Meeting at 10am. In the evening there will be a meal at one of the local hotels.

Auction on Saturday 17th March:
If you have any items for the auction please leave at the site office. KVE appreciates all donations which go towards the running of this event and this keeps the entry costs low for participants.

Themes for 2013, 2014 & 2015:
In 2013 the theme will be Year of the Trailed Vehicle or Equipment and Year of the Armoured Vehicle
In 2014 the themes will be Year of the Ford and Year of WW1
In 2015 the theme with be Year of the Emergency Vehicle & Year of General Motors

For further information on the event please feel free to give me a call on 0423 943010 or send an email to kveinc@optusnet.com.au To ensure you are kept up to date with details send me an email to get on the database.

Contributions to our KVE Newsletter
We are after articles for our next newsletter so if you are a member or a participant and have anything you would like to contribute please forward to kveinc@optusnet.com.au. This newsletter to goes out to members of KVE along with past, present and future participants of the Annual GPA Swim-In and ex-Military Vehicle Gathering at Corowa, NSW, Australia. Let’s spread the word about this great event.

Joining KVE Inc
To be a part of the organising of the Swim-In in the future you are welcome to join KVE Inc. You can download a Membership Application Form off the website or ask me for a copy. We will be having a meeting at Corowa on Sunday 18th March so you are welcome to attend. By joining KVE you will be given more of a chance to make suggestions for how the event is run in the future.

Until next time,
Jan Thompson - Secretary
Research & Development

Last edited by Jan Thompson; 26-08-11 at 00:34.
Old 04-09-11, 03:19
Corowa Project 30

KVE have just released the 10th Edition of our newsletter. Thanks to Richard Farrant for putting this together. If you are on my database you should receive an emailed copy over the next few days. If you want to be placed on the database send me an email: kveinc@optusnet.com.au

This database will give you updates on the Corowa Swim-in and also I receive other correspondance such as For sale ads and coming events information which I forward out to people who may be interested.
Research & Development
Old 04-12-11, 10:44
Corowa Project 30

Hi all,
The KVE Website has just been updated and includes the latest information on the 2012 event. If your dowload screen still has the June 2011 newsletter then you need to click on the Refresh button.

We have just submitted an application to the Corowa Shire and hope to be considered for a Council Grant. We would appreciate your Entry Forms ASAP so this gives us an idea of expected numbers of Entries and participants. There could be some interesting items in the participant packs for pre-registered people. Hopefully we will receive some positive feedback prior to Christmas from the Corowa Shire.

More details will appear in our January 2012 newsletter and if you have anything you would like included please forward prior to Christmas. You may have some Wanted and For sale items or future events you would like promoted. If anyone has a story on a restoration project they have been doing please forward this to us.

Email: kveinc@optusnet.com.au
Research & Development
Old 21-12-11, 08:31
Corowa Project 30

Default Corowa Shire Grant

Corowa Grant
We have just received some great news from the Corowa Shire saying we were successful with our application for a Tourism Event Grant. We had to apply for specific items and with this grant we are doing the following:
• We will have the Site Office at Ball Park and the Cherry picker for the Saturday photo shoot.
• A daily newsletter will be provided for participants from Tuesday to Saturday. This will be printed at the Corowa Civic Centre at 4pm and be available for participants from 5pm at the Site Office. This will provide important information on the program and will focus on activities for the following day.
• A cap
• A coffee mug
• Folders for rally packs
Make sure you get your entry in by 29th February to be considered as a pre-registered participant. With every $15 entry you will receive one rally pack, 1 mug and 1 cap.
Research & Development
Old 21-12-11, 08:36
Corowa Project 30

I have been contacted by the local Corowa Free Press and they will be doing a story on our event in their first newspaper for 2012. I would appreciate some comments from people which I will copy and forward to the editor. Positive comments related to the event and the town will help us gain further support in the future. The Corowa Shire is very aware of how much our event brings to the town. These will need to be either posted on this forum or emailed to me kveinc@optusnet.com.au
Research & Development
Old 21-01-12, 21:56
Ian Williams

Default Dinner at the ROYAL HOTEL Thursday the 15th of March (COROWA)

Hi All,

Jan does a lot of work at the Swim In but she has a lot of jobs...In recent years I have organised a dinner at the pub to meet people we talk to all year but often through the WWW.

For anyone attending the Annual Swim-in at Corowa in March:
I have booked dinner at the ROYAL Hotel in Corowa for Thursday the 15th of March at 6:30 PM.

You are most welcome to attend & we can get to see everyone & talk about all things known to man especially CMP/Blitz's.

Last year I managed to meet a few more folks, and have a great evening.

Could you please PM or email me with numbers (I will check both email & PM's before I leave for Corowa) if you want to attend so I can give you a place setting. I have booked for 50 as last year 40 was not enough.

We are working on a few lucky door prizes as well.

Thanks

Ian Williams

F15A,
2x Army Land Rover 88' sIIA's
GPW
Other stuff
Old 22-01-12, 04:21
Corowa Project 30

Thanks Ian for organising this function. The reason for changing venues was mainly due to the size of room we now require. Neville Smith, one of our KVE members who lives near Corowa has been going around local businesses to see if they will give us discounts on meals, fuel, food etc. He received a positive response from the Royal Hotel and a negative one from the Wahgunyah Hotel. It is nice to be able to support the businesses who appreciate our visit to town.

The Corowa Shire has provided us with a book of Discount Coupons and Neville has approached other businesses who weren't included in the book. If you are one of the first 250 to pre-register you will receive a copy of the discount coupon book and other vouchers.

The last KVE newsletter prior to the event has been released. If you have not received a copy emailed from me and would like a copy send me an email Richard Farrant spent many hours working on the newsletter to ensure it is one of the best!

I had a computer crash over Christmas which meant I lost 2 months worth of emails and contacts. If you haven't heard from me it might be due to the crash so send me an email.
Research & Development

Last edited by Howard; 05-02-12 at 05:05. Reason: Hide email address
Old 24-01-12, 02:12

Default Corowa 17 Mar 2012

Just a reminder for those whoare attending Corowa this year. The annual Day on the Green concert at All Saints in Rutherglen will be coinciding with this years swim-in. To be honest, it looks like this will be the case from now on.
This years artists are:
Noiseworks;
Ian Moss;
Choirboys;
Darryl Braithewaite; and
Ross Wilson.
Looks to be a great event with plenty of great Australian 80's rock music.
The flip side will be accommodation & traffic.
If you haven't booked your accommodation yet, do it now or it might be too late.
As I said. This event coinciding with the swim-in may become the norm..... Obviously All Saints realise that they need to tie in with the swim-in to ensure they can get the crowds.
Having said that, I can see an opportunity for the future & even with promoting the event possibly.

It's not what you know
It's not who you know
It's what you know about who..

Last edited by Ian Pullen; 24-01-12 at 09:47.
Old 24-01-12, 03:24
"Sid and Errol's Dad"

Smile ADOTG Concert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Pullen View Post
Just a reminder for those whoare attending Corowa this year. The annual Day on the Green concert at All Saints in Rutherglen will be coinciding with this years swim-in. To be honest, it looks like this will be the case from now on...
Yes Ian, the Holgates have missed a couple of Saturday Nights at Ball Park, being just across the river... I think the timing is unfortunate... I would rather go to the DOTG concert maybe the Saturday BEFORE our swim-in. Maybe that would encourage more people to stay for the week!
And, you are right, This year's concert will be a cracker for us older bastards!
F15 #12
F15A #13 (stretched)
F60S #13
C15A #13 Wireless (incomplete)
Old 24-01-12, 03:29
WO8 C15A 142736

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard View Post
And, you are right, This year's concert will be a cracker for us older bastards!
Howard if you are older does that make me ancient?
Old 24-01-12, 05:11
Graeme Jamieson

Default Swimin

The event also clashes with duck opening for us Mexicans so wear your tin hat.
Graeme
Old 24-01-12, 09:44

Talking

Quote:
Mate, not so much of that. I just happen to fall into that age category. I'm really still only 25 but I just look a (little) bit older.

It's not what you know
It's not who you know
It's what you know about who..

Last edited by Howard; 24-01-12 at 09:59. Reason: repair quote
Old 04-02-12, 19:50
WO8 C15A 142736

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan Thompson View Post
KVE Site Office:
Robert Pearce will be organising the Site Office roster for 2012. We are looking for people who may be interested in helping out. It is a good opportunity to meet some of the participants from far and wide. KVE would like to give thanks to those people who assisted last year. At this stage the office will be open at the following times:
Monday 12th March: 9-11am and 3-6pm
Tuesday 13th March: 9-11am and 3-6pm
Wed 14th March: 8.30-11am and 3-6pm
Thur 15th March: 8.30-11am and 3-6pm
Fri 16th March: 8.30-11am and 3-6pm
Sat 17th March: from 7.30-8.45am: People who have arrived overnight or just for the parade should go straight to Bangerang Park. You will be able to get your package if you have pre-registered or receive your vehicle number. Site office at Airport will open at 8.30 to 12.30pm. Voting forms can be submitted up until 12 midday at the Airport Site Office.
To put your name down for a time contact Robert on Email: Me Here or phone: 02 69465101.

Until next time,
Jan Thompson - Secretary
Hi All,
The roster is almost full, we need one more person for Wednesday morning and Friday afternoon. Saturday morning at the airport is proving hard to fill and there are still six slots to fill there, the first four and last two.

Last edited by Howard; 05-02-12 at 05:01. Reason: Hide email address to prevent spaming
Old 05-02-12, 05:07
"Sid and Errol's Dad"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpearce View Post
Howard if you are older does that make me ancient?
I don't know, Robert. I suppose it is just because I am much younger than I look...
F15 #12
F15A #13 (stretched)
F60S #13
C15A #13 Wireless (incomplete)
Old 10-02-12, 07:58

News of Corowa must be spreading, came across this Greek 4x4 site:

http://to4x4.gr/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=5262

I went to the trouble of translating some of the comments, not very comprehensible I am afraid, but I did get the gist of this one;
"The videos amazing, but cause us melancholy compared with the here situation"

Guess they appreciate it as much as we do.
Rich.
Old 10-02-12, 08:05
Film maker, CMP addict

Default Videos

Looks like my videos have gone viral over there!

K

42 FGT No8 (Aust) remains
42 FGT No9 (Aust)
42 F15
Keith Webb
Macleod, Victoria Australia
Also Canadian Military Pattern Vehicles group on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/canadianmilitarypattern
Old 10-02-12, 08:16

I agree Keith, video with the Stalwart is top notch!
Rich.
Old 10-02-12, 08:35
Corowa Project 30

There are already enquiries coming in about Keith's DVD for last year Year of the British and European Vehicles. Keith can you tell us about what is in this DVD.
Research & Development
Old 10-02-12, 09:24
Film maker, CMP addict

Default Latest DVD

Quote:
There are already enquiries coming in about Keith's DVD for last year Year of the British and European Vehicles. Keith can you tell us about what is in this DVD.
I've just finished the main edit and now will make the extra features and put it all together. There are interviews with many owners of interesting vehicles including Rick's 1916 Albion A10, a profile on the Kettenkrad, Saladin, FV436 and amazing footage of it being pulled by the Humber 4X4 when it broke down, theres also the FV436 rescuing a Dodge WC52 which had put the fan into the radiator in deep water, and even some Land Rover stories!
On the European side there's the Zundapp, BMW, Haflinger and much more.

One of the challenges is to try to cover as much ground as possible in terms of vehicle interviews whilst also being part of some of the side trips.

If you'd like to see your 6X6 in this year's video, please make contact with me at Corowa.

42 FGT No9 (Aust)
42 F15
Keith Webb
Old 10-02-12, 10:20

Default video trailers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Webb View Post
Looks like my videos have gone viral over there!

K
Hi Keith

Some of them are the trailers of your videos I put on youtube to push your video sales over here. Some were already sold to Greece

Probably our Greek Member Kostas can translate all the Greek words

Or here a probably poor google translation.

Greetings
Chris

PS If any European MLUer wants some of Keith's fantastic Corowa DVDs get in touch with me. I got them in stock.

www.wheelsandtracks.com
>> Condor A580 M+85691 (1952), Swiss Army Motorbike (unrestored)
>> F15 1942 Aust (Cab 13) ::: restored by Keefy

Last edited by zemsi; 10-02-12 at 10:26.
Old 10-02-12, 10:30
Film maker, CMP addict

Default Greece

Yes, be interesting to find out what they're really saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zemsi View Post
Hi Keith

Some of them are the trailers of your videos I put on youtube to push your video sales over here. Some were already sold to Greece

Probably our Greek Member Kostas can translate all the Greek words

Or here a probably poor google translation.

Greetings
Chris

PS If any European MLUer wants some of Keith's fantastic Corowa DVDs get in touch with me. I got them in stock.

42 FGT No9 (Aust)
42 F15
Keith Webb
Old 12-02-12, 08:54
Corowa Project 30

Default Vouchers

For prepaid participants you will receive a number of vouchers from businesses in Corowa. They include:
South Corowa Country Store - Liberty South Corowa. This includes 25% off Motor Oils, 50% off sunglasses, and discounts off ice and take away food.
Miegels Pharmacy
IGA Corowa
Ma's Meals 2 Go
Meat on the Murray
Guy St Store and Cafe
G & J Dunkleys Take away cafe
Royal Hotel
Hotel Australia
The Crusty Loaf
Corowa Take Away
Doc Yarrum Cafe
Corowa Meats
Brocks coffee shop and Cafe
Brunch and Lunch
Corowa Golf Club and Motel
Corowa Whisky and Chocolate Factory
The Cutting Edge Hairdressing
D'Amicos Italian Restaurant
Do it With Style Chauffeur driven winery tours
Footprints
Howlong Golf Club and motel
John Foord Guest House
Maverick Marine includes 25% off gear and equipment
Motel Menere's
OC Origin Clothing
PharmaSave
Pots. Plates and other things
Ricky D's pizza
Rivergum Holiday Retreat
Scion
The Pickled Sisters Cafe
Valhalla Wines

For $15 you will get all of these plus the free promotional items which include a cap, coffee mug and sticker. We are able to do this for the first 250 pre paid participants. Get your entry in so you don't miss out. Shortly i will provide you with a list of entries received to date.
Research & Development
Old 12-02-12, 09:49
V.M.V.C Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Webb View Post
I've just finished the main edit and now will make the extra features and put it all together. There are interviews with many owners of interesting vehicles including Rick's 1916 Albion A10, a profile on the Kettenkrad, Saladin, FV436 and amazing footage of it being pulled by the Humber 4X4 when it broke down, theres also the FV436 rescuing a Dodge WC52 which had put the fan into the radiator in deep water, and even some Land Rover stories!
On the European side there's the Zundapp, BMW, Haflinger and much more.

One of the challenges is to try to cover as much ground as possible in terms of vehicle interviews whilst also being part of some of the side trips.

If you'd like to see your 6X6 in this year's video, please make contact with me at Corowa.
Had a sneak look at the new 2011 YO dvd today and I must say its up to Keith's usual standard with a bit for everyone. The DVD features lots of first timers to Corowa.
4? C-GT (Aust) #8
44 C-GT (Aust) #9
42 Jeep, Trailer Aust 3
Welbike MK2 complete
Welbike MK2 inconplete under resto
C15A x3
C60S x1 ex ambo
F60L x3
LP2a carrier SAR #4993.
Trailer No27 Limber
Trailer, Cario cargo
Trailer, Pontoon semi
Wiles Cooker 2 wheeled (jnr)
Old 13-02-12, 00:07

Quote:
For $15 you will get all of these plus the free promotional items which include a cap, coffee mug and sticker. We are able to do this for the first 250 pre paid participants. Get your entry in so you don't miss out. Shortly i will provide you with a list of entries received to date.
Hi all,
Posting on Jan's behalf, here is the list of vehicles entered for the 2012 Corowa Swim-In up to today, as follows;
Reynolds Boughton RB44 1
Jeeps (MA, MB, GPW) 55
Land Rover 17
Leyland Moke 2
Ford GPA amphib 2
Harley Davidson 5
Kenworth M1A1 1
Studebaker / Reo US6 9
GMC 5
DUKW 2
International, all types 2
White Scout Car 2
Yamaha m/cycle 2
Mitsibushi Jeep 1
Austin Champ 3
Dodge 6
Blitz, Chev + Ford 6
Kettenkrad 1
M52A1 1
Fargo 1
Unimog 1
Haflinger 1
Humvee 1
Chevrolet panel van 1
Chevrolet G7103 1
Chevrolet LRDG truck 1
Ferret scout car 1
Ford F100 ambulance 1

A total of 132 vehicles booked in so far, with a total of 173 participants.

Entries coming in fast now, so to take advantage of the promotional items, you need to be in the first 250 pre-paid participants.

regards,
Richard
KVE Committee Member

1943 Bedford QLD lorry - 1941 BSA WM20 m/cycle - 1943 Daimler Scout Car Mk2
Member of MVT, IMPS, MVG of NSW, KVE and AMVCS
KVE President & KVE News Editor

Last edited by Richard Farrant; 13-02-12 at 00:22.
Old 21-02-12, 23:02

Default Part from Corowa to Tasmania.

Hope I'm not doing the wrong thing here.

Is anyone from Tassie going to Corowa 2012 and would you mind taking a Radio Table ex-Land Rover SIII FFR back to the South Island?

The item is aluminium about 2' x 18" x 1' and mostly space.

Diana
Old 25-02-12, 08:38
Corowa Project 30

Hi all,
Here is some very important information for the drivers of vehicles attending the Corowa Swim-In. It is only 2 weeks away

KVE’s 2012 COROWA SWIM IN
INFORMATION FOR ALL DRIVERS OF MILITARY VEHICLES
Our insurers (plus the organising committee and the local population) require some compliance while you are at this year’s Corowa Swim In.
1. All vehicles (including buggies, quad bikes and motor cycles) driven on public roads and lands during the event must be currently registered or have a valid Unregistered Vehicle Permit. This also applies to the grounds of Ball Park Caravan Park, and to all areas of Corowa Airport.
2. Vehicles can only be driven by people with a current Drivers Licence, appropriate for the class of vehicle concerned.
3. Please follow the directions of KVE Marshals at all times during scheduled events throughout the week. Remember too, that all of these people are volunteers, giving up their free time. Be nice.
4. Any vehicle with reduced visibility from the driver’s position must have an observer on board to give directions, in clear voice communication with the driver at all times while the vehicle is in use. Over dimension vehicles may require additional escorts.
5. 6x6 Theme vehicles only, will use Riesling Street for access to Bangerang Park on Saturday morning. This is to eliminate congestion at the bottom roundabout. Please drive up the main street and turn right into a side street and then turn right again. If coming from the airport, turn left in the main street and then turn right into Riesling Street. At the bottom of Riesling Street, a KVE Marshall will direct you to your assembly point.
6. All other vehicles will approach Bangerang Park by the usual route via the roundabout at bottom of Sanger Street on Saturday morning. You will be directed to you assembly point by a KVE Marshall.
At Corowa Airport, the area used for the massed display is Council land, and there are some strict requirements that have been imposed on us. Please note, and comply with the following:-
7. Obey all directions from KVE Marshals while on the airport precinct. This is a shared traffic area on the day, so ensure that you give way to all pedestrians.
8. Once your vehicle has been parked, you MUST have a KVE Marshal accompany you when it is next moved.
There will be no movement of vehicles until 11.30am. This is a strict requirement of Corowa Council and we have to obey this rule in every instance.
9. Once again, remember that the marshals on the day are all volunteering their time and effort for your benefit, instead of enjoying themselves at the swap meeting or socialising. So, unless your vehicle is on fire, please be patient.
Now… This is the Corowa Swim In, after all…
10. Once amphibious vehicles enter the river, they are operating under the requirements of NSW Marine. Make yourself familiar with these requirements before you launch your vehicle and it becomes a boat.
11. Have a really great time, and enjoy yourselves, but keep it safe and give the locals and visitors alike a good impression of all of us in the military vehicle movement. That way, we’ll all be welcome back next year.
Thank you all.
Research & Development
Old 25-02-12, 11:24
WO8 C15A 142736

As Jan said Corowa is grtting close and we still need volunteers to open the office at the airport Sturday morning, 8:30 to 9:30. From this vantage point you get a good view of the parade.
Old 25-02-12, 11:59
Corowa Project 30

The KVE Site Office provides participants with a place where they can meet other people. We always encourage people to read past reports on the events and really appreciate any assistance from anyone. You don't have to be a member of KVE to help out. Those who have helped out over the past few years end up putting their names back on the roster and this is greatly appreciated. Without the volunteers we would not be able to run this event as successfully as it has been over the past years.

Help share the load.

The current roster is as follows:

Monday 12th March:
9.00-11.00: Richard Farrant, Ben Hemmings
3.00-6.00: Jan Thompson, Trevor Brown

Tuesday 13th March:
9.00-11.00: Vic Allan. Jill Cove
3.00-6.00: Dave and Maggie Motram, Scott Fletcher and Barry Petersen

Wednesday 14th March:
8.30-11.00: Jill Cove, Gary Beers
3.00-6.00: Robert Pearce, Harvey Black

Thursday 15th March:
8.30-11.00: Nigel Ward, Barbara Thompson, Bill Sjoblom
3.00-6.00: Robert Pearce, Scott Rough

Friday 16th March:
8.30-11.00: Harvey Black, Scott Rough
3.00-6.00: Robert Pearce, Lee McDonald

Saturday 17th March
from 7.30-8.45 at Bangerang Park: Jan Thompson, Richard Farrant
from 8.30-9.30 at Corowa Airport: HELP IS REQUIRED
from 9.30-10.30 at Corowa Airport: Howard Holgate, Robert Pearce
from 10.30-11.30 at Corowa Airport: Robert Pearce, Harvey Black
from 11.30-12.30 at Corowa Airport: Tony Playle and HELP IS REQUIRED

PLEASE OFFER YOUR ASSISTANCE. To have a Site Office is a very important part of this event.

Send an email to kveinc@optusnet.com.au
Research & Development

Last edited by Jan Thompson; 25-02-12 at 22:07. Reason: mistake
Old 25-02-12, 12:07
WO8 C15A 142736

Jan, Howard is 9:30 to 10:30 And I'll help him when I finish driving in the parade. We need volunteers to open at 8:30 to 9:30.