MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > BUY, TRADE or SELL > For Sale Or Wanted

Notices

Old 30-01-08, 08:06
Jeep guy in CMP world!

Default Wanted- F15A Parts Manual

Hi all,

I`m looking for an original copy of a Cab 13 F15A parts manual. (if there is such a thing as being cab specific manuals)

I dont know if there are differences in early/late manuals, but i believe my truck is a early/mid 42- but i`ll take anything!

I have many original WW2 manuals to trade, will buy out right, or will do a mix and match of both.

I also have lots of jeep parts to trade if anyones interested in attacking it from that angle.

Please let me know what you have!

Also, as a side, i`m looking for an original Feb 1942 Ford GPW (jeep) parts manual.

Thanks,
Ian.

1942 Script Willys MB, sn:131175
1942 Script Ford GPW, sn:11730
1944 Ford GPW
1943 #3 GMH jeep trailer
1945 #4 GMH, RAAF jeep Trailer
SOLD: Ford F15A. Aust. #? Office Body.
www.vintageengines.net
Old 01-02-08, 12:21
RIP

Default Not For Sale But

Sorry Ian, but this is what you need to look for. I couldn't believe my eyes when this was offered to me a couple of years ago.
Bob
Attached Thumbnails
f15a manual.jpg  
Website owner - salesmanbob.com
Old 03-02-08, 08:14
Jeep guy in CMP world!

So'k Bob! Thanks for replying at least.

I went to bathurst swapmeet today and found a decent copy of the F60L parts list, so i at least have something to work from when looking at parts.

I think i saw an F15A one several years ago at Bendigo swap- however, not thinking and having no money to spend on things i didnt need at the time, i pased it up at somewhere around the $80 mark i think.

Anyone else have one they would be willing to part with?

Thanks,
Ian.

1944 Ford GPW
1943 #3 GMH jeep trailer
www.vintageengines.net
Old 03-02-08, 10:56

Ian,

I have a manual the same as photo above in very good condition. May 1943 - it has illustrations and parts for early and late cabs.

Willing to swap for something interesting - particularly interested in Dodge stuff but what do you you have so we can exchange at Corowa?

Lang
Old 15-02-08, 04:03
Jeep guy in CMP world!

Hi Lang,

Sorry for the slow reply. I have been really busy at work- still am, just decided to take a few minutes out to read the forums and reply to messages!

I shall send you a PM and go from there. I dont have much dodge, but hopefully we can work something out!

Thanks,
Ian.

1944 Ford GPW
1943 #3 GMH jeep trailer
www.vintageengines.net
Old 18-02-08, 07:22
Jeep guy in CMP world!

Seek and you shall find!

Chev club swapmeet was on in sydney over the weekend. I set out from our stall and managed to get 50 metres before i spotted some books spread out on the ground. 1 of these books looked like the F60L parts list i got 2 weeks ago at Bathurst swap (as i wanted something and it was better than nothing!). I left dad who was wandering along next to me in mid sentence and proceeded over to it. As my eyes started to focus on the text... i saw FORD... i saw 4x4... i saw 15cwt... i saw F15A.

I picked it up, looked at it- few slight moth holes in the front cover and some water marks on the first few pages. I asked how much it was intent on getting it regardless. The 30 seconds of haggling commenced to try and get it cheaper because of the holes (he told me he wouldnt charge extra for them which was mighty decent of him!), handed over the little amount of money we agreed on and almost skipped back the 50 metres to mum who was manning the stall with dad following along. What a day. I didnt get much else -1942 oil can and some spanners, but that was worth it! I doubt it would have lasted long as i saw alot of fellow club members earerly poking around the swap!

As a side note, there was also a #3a jeep trailer which wasnt too bad- tailgate, pipe welded for higher sides, no lunette, orig floor, combats with d^d Hardy tyre etc- $600. Bathurst swap 2 weeks before was excellent too. Heaps of sellers, heaps of interesting stuff. i got the F60L list, a D for the front bumper, several NOS coils, near new grease gun and some webbing. What a great 2 weeks! Thats got to be some of my best hauls at a swap in many years!

Thanks to all who have taken the time to read my wanted add and to Lang and Bob for offering information and the Manual. While i have now found one thing, the hunt continues for much much more! THANKYOU.

Cheers,
Ian.

1944 Ford GPW
1943 #3 GMH jeep trailer
www.vintageengines.net