MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > The Sergeants' Mess

Notices

Old 13-04-06, 02:05
Mr. HUP

Default Invasion! Ottawa!

Ottawa looks to be invaded by righteously angry farmers in the very near future. This convoy was spotted at 6:30 PM just leaving Sarsfield heading to Navan, enroute to Ottawa, I believe. No manure spreaders seen - seems the National Press Gallery and the liberal media have that monopoly...
Attached Images

Old 18-04-06, 22:48
RIP

Default Liberal media !!

Hey R.H.
Being politically correct,and as you and I were admonished by both moderators,I wouldn't touch your statement with a ten foot pole,even tho his name is Polanski AND he plays basketball.
Did you see any Massey Ferguson model 2410's in the protest??When I was their surveyor at the port of Montreal,one came in made to order.Tinted windows,PTO,cruise control,AM/FM with both VHS and DVD,color TV,A/C,captains' chair,the whole nine yards.The local Massey rep explained afterward that when you're out on the prairie driving straight for five miles,all these perks help.I took it for a spin on the pier.Told the local stevedores that it cost so much,I had to test the battery.They ate that up like they usually do.Anyway,the thing was better equiped than our cars.
Have a good spring
Garry
Old 19-04-06, 00:41
"Mr. Manual", sadly no longer with us

Default Re: Invasion! Ottawa!

Quote:
Originally posted by RHClarke
Ottawa looks to be invaded by righteously angry farmers in the very near future. This convoy was spotted at 6:30 PM just leaving Sarsfield heading to Navan, enroute to Ottawa, I believe. No manure spreaders seen - seems the National Press Gallery and the liberal media have that monopoly...
Rob ...
Are you getting together with Garry at this protest in Montreal....
Keep your eye open for Vickery....I'm sure that Chris will want to be there...

Montreal immigrant rights group demands an "amnesty" for all "illegals"
MONTREAL, April 18 /CNW Telbec/ - A Montreal immigrant rights group is
demanding an "amnesty" for all "illegals" living in Canada. Solidarity Across
Borders will put forward a proposal for the regularization of all non-status
persons in Canada in response to recent comments by Immigration Minister Monte
Solberg. Speakers will include representatives of the Agricultural Migrant
Workers Support Center of Quebec; the Immigrant Workers Center; PINAY
(Filipino Women's Organization in Quebec); the Action Committee of Non-Status
Algerians; and others.

PRESS CONFERENCE:
Wednesday, April 19 at 10am.
1500 de Maisonneuve West, No. 204

For further information: (514) 848-7583,
www.solidarityacrossborders.org

There is a few going from Ottawa....
http://www.funnyclicks.com/pictures21/fa_114.jpg

And a few from Toronto....

http://www.funnyclicks.com/pictures0...aded_truck.jpg

Last edited by Alex Blair (RIP); 19-04-06 at 01:04.
Old 19-04-06, 01:45
Mr. HUP

Default Protests

Alex,

I am sure that the chowderheads that run our esteemed media will give the whining masses more exposure than they have, and are now giving to our farmers.

There is something about the word "illegal" that bothers me - but apparently there are those among us whose politically correct liberalism blinds them to the import of the word - except of course if you happen to be a gun owner...

I am for immigration but there has to be controls in place. It would be refreshing to see the snivelling do-gooders foot the bill for the costs incurred in this "illegal" tide of immigration. Granting clemency or citizenship for these people would put those who chose to take the LEGAL path to citizenship at the bottom of the list. That would set an interesting precedence...

Our previous government probably would have sold memberships to the party and granted citizenship on the spot. Hopefully there is someone smart enough in our government to state "get in line, or face final deportation with no hope of citizenship".

If you ate today, thank a farmer.
Old 19-04-06, 20:04
RIP

Default Geez R.H.

On the major parts of your thread,couldn't agree with you more on immigration.AS an example,when I was a teen,me and my buddies would head to south western Ontario to pick tobacco leaves,then party afterwards.The money came in handy to help supplement school expenses.Two weeks of picking leaves,partying,then back to Queebec to get serious.Now I see where we bring in Mexicans on a tempory basis to do the same jobs.Hell,here they're imported in August to pick tomatoes plus anything else to be harvested.There's this Mexican living here in Montreal who used to be one of our clerks at a shipping line where we both worked.His new company where he's been for the last ten years,had an opening.I applied and was given an interview on a Friday morning.I dress up,show up,and who is the interviewer??I sit down with this little enchilada,whom I've knowwn for 15 years,to be told 1)I'm overqualified 2)How hard he had to work at this new compaany in order to be a manager 3)to rub it in that he was now the head enchilada.Made note to self that sometime in the future,what goes round,comes round.