MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > The Restoration Forum

Notices

Old 15-07-07, 00:02
Numpty

Default The joys of summer

The previous weekend was our local show, the Buckfastleigh War On the Line, a show I always enjoy because of the Widecombe road run. Sadly, my HUP never made to the best bit, the insanely steep hill, due to a unsettling noise coming from the rear of the block. Prognosis isn't good, either a piston or the big end. I shall find out which when the Bedford MW is complete (head gasket went, leading to a head and maniflod skimming). There was a good hour where all I could do was make jokes - I couldn't think of enough rude words, and didn't use any in case some were left out. The noise did lead me to the dynamo, which had ejected one of the bolts holding it on, leading to a new fan belt. So I missed the best bit of the convoy, a 1944 Morris C8P overtaking a very early Scammel Pioneer (see the most recent MMI, its in there somewhere), in 1st gear up the hill on the way home, dubbed "the slowest overtake in history".
This is what happens when people say, "trucks looking good", or "shes running well, isn't she?".

'Tis a minor setback, and I shall be back with a vengeance. Grr.

C8A HUW 1942