MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > The Sergeants' Mess

Notices

Old 25-01-07, 21:12
FIOR GO BAS

Default my new web site

Hey lads and lasses here is the link to my new web site. I hope to make this site the best information stop for The Irish Regiment of Canada. It revolves around WWII era but will be expanded to include more information about the Regiment from 1915 to present times.

It is still under consrtuction but things are happening quite quickly.

http://www.irishregimentofcanada.ca

many thanks all
Cliff
Old 26-01-07, 04:25
Vets Dottir

Hi Cliff,

Your Uncle ... like mine ... is working through us, I do believe?

I visited your site and am very glad to see you building it. I loved reading your Dedication and story of how you began with a hunger to know about your Uncle, and that hunger just grew to want to know more and more about the men you were finding out about and wanting their lives told about, and how you came to start this site of yours.

http://met2006.no-ip.org/irish/

Don't stop And I won't either ...

Karmen
Old 26-01-07, 18:04
Mr. HUP

Default Good on you, Cliff.

It looks like a labour of love. I am looking forward to watching the website grow. Good job!
Old 27-01-07, 16:52
FIOR GO BAS

many thanks Karmen and Bob. The site is slowly gaining content. I am by no means a web designer, in fact I am pretty much computer illiterate. My buddy has been forced to spend many long nights with me to get the site going. Everytime he gets a section up, I wantg it modifie. I think he's going to have a mental breakdown quite soon.

If it was not for my initail project and obsession with the Regiment, I would have never met Clive and many others at the National Library and Archives, who gave me direction in the research. So this project has been great to me so far.
Old 28-01-07, 06:43
Vets Dottir

Quote:
Originally posted by Pylon1357
many thanks Karmen and Bob. The site is slowly gaining content. I am by no means a web designer, in fact I am pretty much computer illiterate. My buddy has been forced to spend many long nights with me to get the site going. Everytime he gets a section up, I wantg it modifie. I think he's going to have a mental breakdown quite soon.

If it was not for my initail project and obsession with the Regiment, I would have never met Clive and many others at the National Library and Archives, who gave me direction in the research. So this project has been great to me so far.
I hope your friend doesn't give up on you or that you find others to help you set up your pages and such. It's a labor of love for sure, as these things usually are for people who get inspired like you. Maybe some people in here can offer you some guidance on some of the how to's. I don't know ... ?

I've tried building some personal family pages of my own and am not good at it. Like you, I know very little about the whole building webpages thing. My pages I started just because I get some free webspace with my internet account although I'm not finished them and haven't uploaded them to the web yet. I was mostly just playing at trying to build pages and planned on uploading them if they turned out I'm at the level of Pre-Kindergarten ... :

I'm wondering, can people visiting the National Archives view soldiers service records there? As I'm wondering if it's possible for people to do lookups while they are there???

I look forward to watching the progress of your site!

Karmen
Old 31-01-07, 16:24
FIOR GO BAS

Well after another few frustrating and LONG evenings with me, my buddy has been able to get more things up and running on my site...inspite of me. LOL

The Cemetery section is done, complete with a photo and cemetery plan at the botton of each.

The Casuaties section is complete and up to date. all the links to the bios work now WOO HOO

Under the Regimental history, the Honours and Awards are all up and going, the links work correctly now.

The Diary is very slowly goin gup. I believe 1939 is fully funtional and part of 1940.

I gotta tell you all, I am very excited with this so far.

Thannks for listening to my babble

again, my site addy is http://www.irishregimentofcanada.ca
their is still a redirect which I think may very stay there as its my buddies server.
Old 01-02-07, 04:36

Default Fantastic Cliff.....

... a real albor of love...... looking forward to further additions.

Bob C
Canada