MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > The Armour Forum

Notices

Old 11-07-04, 18:48

Default Tracked veh serial numbers

Hi to everyone -

Although new to the Forum, I am hoping that many might be able to help me.

For the past two years I have been recording, identifying and collating the British and Commonwealth Tracked Vehicle T-Number series. My aim is to attempt to record as many identifications as possible from T-1 to beyond T-350000 by unit(s). If this can be done then the identification of vehicles in photos/films etc should be made considerably easier.

Currently, I am slowly working my way through the UK and Commonwealth Armoured Corps, Artillery, Engineer, RAOC and REME files in the National Archives. More importanly, I am also receiving superb support from similar researchers in Australia, Canada, South Africa and the USA.

To date, I have some 12,000 numbers identified (not many really) with an average hitrate of 1 in 10 War Diaries having some form of listing that has survived.

To that end, I would be thrilled if anyone in this forum could shed further light on identifying unit lists of T serials (or CT serials). At the same time, I would also be delighted to help anyone in trying to identify any serials they may come across.

Many thanks to all in anticipation

Roddy de Normann
Old 12-07-04, 20:05
former Resident Historian

Default Soft skins

If you come across soft skin census numbers I shall be interested in relation to Ford, GMC, Chevrolet.