MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > BUY, TRADE or SELL > For Sale Or Wanted

Notices

Old 11-12-05, 16:56

Default Iltis Parts Wanted

Anyone have a good 24v coil for sale ? Also need a dashboard "3 lever" type light switch assembly. A new vinyl top and a proper trailer wouldn't hurt either. Let me know what you have.

Robert in Toronto
Old 11-12-05, 18:14
T-16, C15A

Default Vehicle Purchase

Rob,

I had a fellow ask me about where he might get an Iltis from. Where does one go iltis shopping?

Other than needing a coil and dash switch, what did yours require to drive it away?

Stewart

PS - and before anybody asks - it is not for me. The iltis is ugly enough, but far too practical to be in my stable.:
Old 11-12-05, 21:48

Default Iltis parts????

Rob, Scott Collicut can help you with Iltis parts, he has a web site:
www.celsurplus.com

He is base out of Morinville Alberta, if he doesn't have the parts you want, he knows where to get them.

On an other note, if you need any of the manuals (except the parts manual), I have them on CD. They are too big to send by e-mail.
Old 11-12-05, 23:17

Default Iltis Replies

Stewart, also needed a passenger side windshield wiper blade, left rear military "oval" style taillight, fresh gas and a driver that knows what he is doing.

Seat upholstery needs redoing also but I discovered that I CAN drive with a seat spring up my ...

One goes Iltis shopping at all of the "usual suspects" places of business like Marcus's, Ralph's, Brian's for a machine which has had a good "once over", or one goes to an auction north of Toronto if one enjoys buying surprise "grab bags". The auction vehicles have generally been sitting for 1-2 years and may, or may not be running, with bids adjusted accordingly.

A start truck will attempt to get them running on the morning of the auction but its "buyer beware". Prices seem to be coming down a bit but the weather is worse at each sucessive auction so that there are fewer bidders. And the quality of the trucks also seems to be declining at each auction.

Have seen 3 ambulances and a telephone lineman's version but most are just a standard jeep configuration. Some of the earlier sales did have trucks with radio mounts etc included but there were none of those last Saturday.

Paul, thanks for the contact info and the CD offer but I already have same on order. I gather that the parts manual is difficult to find ???.

Robert in Toronto
Old 12-12-05, 01:31
3RD ECHELON WKSP

Me too, me too!
I must admit, after my previous Iltis bashing, I did my research and decided that these were indeed neat little vehicles.
I was at the auction with the usual suspects, hoping for bad weather, cheapskates etc. It was almost an OMVA reunion.
Not only did Robert buy an Iltis, but so did I. As a matter of fact, I bought two. Patiently awaiting their arrival so I can go play.

1968 M274A5 Mule Baifield USMC
1966 M274A2 Mule BMY USMC
1958 M274 Mule Willys US Army
1970 M38A1 CDN3 70-08715 1 CSR
1981 MANAC 3/4T CDN trailer
1943 Converto Airborne Trailer
1983 M1009 CUCV

RT-524, PRC-77s,
and trucks and stuff and more stuff and and.......

OMVA, MVPA, G503, Steel Soldiers
Old 12-12-05, 01:44
John Dallimore

Guys-Marcus Schneider at Willy's Acres has Iltis and parts.

John
Old 12-12-05, 03:50

Default List of the "Usual Suspects"

Thanks John but you'll notice that Marcus's name was already posted in my first reply. He bought about 30 Iltis wrecks about two years ago but those are very picked over now and weren't very good when he first got them.

He did buy another 5 at the Nov 26 auction and told me that he intended to take them back to his shop and give them a "good once over". I assume that parts from the wrecks will be used to replace whatever is needed and that the price will rise accordingly as Marcus does this for a living.

Good, reliable vehicles but not bargin priced.

Robert in Toronto
Old 13-12-05, 06:03
Greg Wright

Default M101 Trailer for the Iltis

Hi Robert,

I have a M101 Trailer for the Iltis made by DEW Engineering in 1992. It is in great shape, just a few small dents in the fenders and it does not have tail lights on it. I do have some used lights,
not sure if they work that I will include with the trailer.
Feel free to send me a PM and we can discuss a price if you are intersested. I live in Ottawa due to amalgamation.

Cheers,
Greg