MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > Parts/Sources/Prices

Notices

Old 06-08-18, 14:07

Default Military Hummer sources

Howdy,

I am asking for a friend.

Any recommendations for anyone who is a US dealer / seller that is reputable to deal with and wont sell you a bag of bolts flying in formation to look like a vehicle?

I have an overseas friend who is interested but very very gun shy.

Thanks in advance, PM or email is fine if you don't want to speak publicly about getting screwed over on a vehicle.

Picture for bling
Attached Thumbnails
robin hummer.jpg  

Home of the Maple Leaf Adapter
2 Canadian Mk1 Ferrets
Kawasaki KLR250 CFR 95-10908 ex PPCLI
Canadair CL70 CFR 58-91588
Armstrong MT500 serial CFR 86-78530
Two Canam 250s
Land Rover S3 Commanders Caravan Carawagon 16 GN 07
Trailer Cargo 3/4 T 2WHD 38 GJ 62
Old 06-08-18, 15:31
carrier mech

I got mine thru deuceman out of South Dakota. Once I had the truck, I did some digging and found the original listing on govplanet. It had been slightly cannibalized at time of sale. He had returned it to a good state, and I have had no real problems with the truck. He was willing to do the paperwork required for export, and the importation was handled through an import broker on this side.

While there had been considerable markup from the govplanet price, we call that capitalism, and it is what makes North America what it is. The importation exepnses, transportation, and even the GST were paid for by a Netflix movie, and after their day or two of shooting, the truck was mine. I just paid deuceman his price for the vehicle.

The HMMWV is a hoot to drive. Power steering, power brakes, good turning radius, great power....it has the features not usually found on the older SMPs. I get guys asking about fuel economy. I only drive it 5 kms to work, and 5 kms back. It uses way way less fuel than my 76 Chev 5/4 ton (gas).

End of the day, I guess one is taking a chance on any vehicle purchase. Mine was very very clean overall. There were a few holes torched thru the aluminum where some kind of adapter kit had been removed, but they did not jump out at me....they were just something I noticed over time. Mine came from Minnesota, so the chassis was completely rust free and clean. The speedo showed around 21,000 miles, although I can't take that as gospel.

It would be great if we could buy them at the govplanet prices, but with the restrictions on foreign buyers, that isn't going to happen.

Mine is a typical M998 2 door pickup. My insurance company lists it as a stakeside truck. I have the slantback hardtop with turret (like shown in your photo Robin) coming in the next month, so I will have a place to hang the 50 when I go to the range.