MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > Military Shows & Events > COROWA - THE EVENT

Notices

Old 17-10-13, 11:01
Corowa Project 30

Default Corowa 2014 - Year of the WW1 & Year of the ford

Hi all
We will be giving you some updates on the 2014 event over the next few weeks. We had out AGM in August and the Committee is now:
President - Scott Rough
Vice President - Harvey Black
Treasurer - Ben Hemmings
Secretary & Public Relations Officer- Jan Thompson
Committee- Richard Farrant, Robert Pearce & Neville Smith

Official Trips Planned:
Wednesday: Trip to Mulwala area
Thursday: Visit to the Corowa Primary School & proposed trip to Puckapunyal
Friday: Trip to Howlong area

Guest speaker: on Friday evening Keith Webb and we will advise you shortly of the venue.

Parade: We will have an official parade on Saturday morning leaving from Bangerang Park promptly at 9am. We advise participants to commence lining up from 7:30am. We successfully applied to the Corowa RSL for a grant and we will be able to have the streets of Corowa closed off for the parade.

Showgrounds: this year we will have the Showgrounds available from Thursday to Sunday for people with Swap Meet sites only. Last year the final number of participants who used the Showgrounds indicated that this is not a preferred camping area so in 2014 participants who want to camp should be contacting Ball Park Caravan Park (who now have more powered sites), Bindaree Motel and Caravan Park and Rivergum Resort who will reduce their charges for camping and unit accommodation for our participants.

Publicity: Mark Fletcher, known as 'Fletch' from the Channel 44 show 'Classic Restos' will be with us again from Wednesday to Friday. He will be filming on Thursday and we will be looking for people to interview so we get a cross section of vehicles.

Swap Meet: Sites for the Swap Meet will be available from Thursday and at this stage Jan McKenna from the Show Society will be organising the sites. There will be official paperwork available shortly and people will have the choice of undercover and outdoor sites. (In the interim please forward me a message if you are planning to have a Swap Meet Site.)

Saturday evening: We have decided to change out plan for Saturday evening. From 8pm until approximately 9pm we will have presentations and an opportunity for people planning future events to talk to the other participants. This will include a talk by the Corowa RSL on their plans for 2015.

Sunday: There will be an AGM and General Meeting held on Sunday morning. KVE members and participants of the event are welcome to attend.

Sunday evening dinner: The final activity of the event will be a dinner at the Corowa RSL. As they are a major sponsor we hope those who are still in town come along.

Corowa Shire Tourism Grant: We will find out in the next couple of weeks how successful we were with our Tourism Grant Application.

Entry Forms: We hope you will forward your 2014 Entry Forms ASAP to be entitled to receive promotional items from our Tourism Grant. Access the website: www.corowaswim-in.org or send me an email: kveinc@optusnet.com.au or send me a private message with your contact details and I can forward you an application form.

I am also able to help answer any questions you may have and provide more updated information as it becomes available.
Research & Development
THE COROWA YEAR 30 PROJECT
Old 17-10-13, 12:09

Hi Jan

Thanks for that extensive information.

In relation to Bindaree and Rivergum venues, do we have any additional photographs above the promotional images on their websites?
http://www.bindareeonthemurray.com/site/location/
http://rivergumholidayretreat.com.au...murray_river=1

In particular, in relation to Bindaree, is the paddock on the corner (with circle in attached image) part of the caravan park? And if yes do you know if heavy vehicles would have access to it and be permitted to park adajacent to tent camping?

Diana
Attached Thumbnails
Bindaree +.jpg  
Old 17-10-13, 22:01

For those of you coming to Corowa next year and arriving on the weekend before, and who have diverse interests in vehicles other than military, there is going to be another Rodders event in town. Back in 2012, the Wangaratta club were in Corowa for the long weekend and provided good entertainment in Sanger Street on Saturday evening.

With this in mind, accommodation could be affected over the period of their presence, so worth booking now ......... (and send your Participants entry form for the Swim-In to Jan while you think about it !! )

Here is some details of their event;
7-10th March 2014 (Vic. Labour Day long weekend) Corowa Rod Run.
The Wangaratta Rod and Custom Club Inc.(est 1977) is returning via
popular demand to Historic Corowa, N.S.W., "the birth place of
Federation", for their Bi-annual ASRF sanctioned Rod Run.
This is a great value event, with meet and greet, poker
run,"Sanger St" cruz night, show & shine ,club dinner/ dance with time
to relax and visit local tourist attractions like the Chocolate
factory, Museums, Wineries, etc.
Our new venue is the "Corowa Tennis Club ", in Edward St.
Entry is open to ASRF eligible vehlcles to 1965. Accommodation info
ph.1800814054. Rod Run info, ph. Col-0427579810

1943 Bedford QLD lorry - 1941 BSA WM20 m/cycle - 1943 Daimler Scout Car Mk2
Member of MVT, IMPS, MVG of NSW, KVE and AMVCS
KVE President & KVE News Editor
Old 18-10-13, 00:30
Corowa Project 30

There are good camping facilities at Bindaree and the area you have marked Diana can probably be used for heavy vehicle parking. This land belongs to a neighbour but a couple of years ago when we required another site for the event Bindaree had the grass cut in this paddock. There is more land behind the motel section and if you talk to Steve Dietmann or Scott Rough they took a good look at this and mentioned it would be great for camping.
Research & Development
Old 29-10-13, 10:33
WO8 C15A 142736

Default Site office roster

Attached I hope is a copy of the office roster. If anyone is able to help PM me and I will include you.
Regards Robert.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Site office Roste 2014 Copy.pdf (14.0 KB, 15 views)

Last edited by hrpearce; 29-10-13 at 11:48. Reason: poor eye to hand cordonation
Old 09-11-13, 09:25
Corowa Project 30

Default Entry Forms

Just a reminder to get your entry forms in for 2014.

We were successful once again with a Tourism Grant from the Corowa Shire. We have sent in our order for Caps and stubby holders along with stickers which will be advertising the 2015 event. For an Entry fee of $15 you will receive all the promotional items including a Plaque. (Where do you get such value for money?).

Look at our updated website: www.corowaswim-in.org for the latest newsletter only released last week. There is also an Entry form on there plus a form to complete if you are going to have a swap meet site. For those requiring a site you must book in ASAP especially if requiring one undercover.

Richard emailed out the newsletters this time so if you didn't receive one please send an email to kveinc@optusnet.com.au

I would like to thank those people who completed their entry forms last weekend when I was at Temora. Please remind your friends who may not have access to the internet.
Research & Development
Old 10-11-13, 14:01

Just to make it easy for you all, here are direct links to the latest KVE News magazine:
http://corowaswim-in.org/docs/Corowa...ber%202013.pdf
The 2014 participants entry form:
http://corowaswim-in.org/docs/entryform.pdf
and the booking form for a swap meet space:
http://corowaswim-in.org/docs/2014SwapForm.pdf

We look forward to receiving your entries.
cheers,
Richard

Last edited by Richard Farrant; 10-11-13 at 14:06. Reason: added info
Old 27-01-14, 21:31

Default Latest KVE News out now - all the Corowa news

Hi all,
Time is flying by and the 2014 Corowa Swim-In is fast approaching. The closing date for pre-registered entries is the 28th February. This ensures we receive them in good time before leaving for Corowa, so please try and get them in well before this closing date.
The January issue of KVE News was emailed out last week to all those on the database, followed up with Entry form and Swap Meet booking form. It appears that there may be some people who might not have received the newsletter with all the up to date information. It may have got in to your spam folder for some reason. To anyone who has not received it and for those that would also like to read it, it is on our website, please click on this link:
http://corowaswim-in.org/docs/Corowa...ary%202014.pdf

To download the entry form, please use this link:
http://corowaswim-in.org/docs/entryform.pdf

and for the Swap Meet stall booking, please use this link:
http://corowaswim-in.org/docs/2014SwapForm.pdf

We look forward to receiving your entries and meeting you at Corowa.
The KVE Committee

Last edited by Richard Farrant; 30-01-14 at 19:20.
Old 28-01-14, 04:07

Some people have expressed an interest in returning the trip to Puckapunyal Tank Museum from Tuesday 11th back to Thursday 13th. Same itinery just different day.

If there is consensus, I'm happy either way.

Diana
Old 28-01-14, 08:39
Corowa Project 30

A decision on when the trip to Pucka will take place needs to be made ASAP before we get the Special Edition Newsletter printed. The last KVE newsletter mentions Tuesday and this has been emailed to over 800 people on the database.
Research & Development
Old 28-01-14, 13:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan Thompson View Post
A decision on when the trip to Pucka will take place needs to be made ASAP before we get the Special Edition Newsletter printed. The last KVE newsletter mentions Tuesday and this has been emailed to over 800 people on the database.
Hi Jan
At least one of the original attendees who couldn't make Tuesday has confirmed he can make Thursday.

Having two long day trips on Tuesday one to Puffing Billy and the other to Pucka will reduce participants who may have attended both. Seeing that the other event on Thursday is the local Corowa schoolvisit, It might be best to bite the bullet and make the change tonight so advertising is correct.

Move the Pucka Tank Museum trip to Thursday 13th March, depart ball park 07:30.

Diana
Old 28-01-14, 21:17
Corowa Project 30

Hi all
No problems with changing the trip back to Thursday. There are usually more people in town by then. I assume the meet up point will be at the entrance to Ball Park Caravan Park.
Research & Development
Old 01-02-14, 23:00
Corowa Project 30

It is great to see sometimes up to 8 entries each day either by email or in the post. You have up until the 28th February to get your entries in.

Remember to come along to Keith Webb's talk at the Football Club which is opposite Ball Park Caravan Park on Friday 14th March. The Footy Club will be selling food and drinks from approx. 5pm so there are no excuses for people not to have a feed before listening to the parade briefing at 7:30pm and following this will be Keith's talk. Lets support the local Footy Club. Maybe Keith would like to give us a sneak preview of what he is going to talk about.
Research & Development
Old 03-02-14, 18:44
WO8 C15A 142736

Corowa is approaching fast and I still need names for the site office roster. Already some members have put their names into more than one slot and I don't want to spoil the event for them by asking for more of their time. What we need is more people to fill one time slot to spread the work load. So could you please consider volunteering for one of the vacant time slots.
Mon. 10th .
Tue. 11th
Wed. 12th
Thu. 13th
Fri. 14th
Sat. 15th 1 X 8:30 to 9:30 AM, 1 X 9:30 to 10:30 AM,
Robert Pearce hrpearce123 @ bigpond. com (remove the spaces) or 0269465101 AH.

Last edited by hrpearce; 12-02-14 at 10:57. Reason: remove taken slot
Old 03-02-14, 21:02
Film maker, CMP addict

Default Sneak preview

Quote:
Maybe Keith would like to give us a sneak preview of what he is going to talk about.
It will be "Planes, Trains and Automobiles" minus trains. I know almost nothing about them. Better substitute military vehicles for that.

I will be talking about a life long love affair, a passion shared I believe by a good proportion of the audience, and how that has shaped my career.

I plan to show some never before seen images and footage, and also share some of the incredible stories I have been recording as part of the Temora Aviation Museum's Unsung Heroes project.

42 FGT No8 (Aust) remains
42 FGT No9 (Aust)
42 F15
Keith Webb
Macleod, Victoria Australia
Also Canadian Military Pattern Vehicles group on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/canadianmilitarypattern
Old 03-02-14, 21:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Webb View Post
I will be talking about a life long love affair, a passion shared I believe by a good proportion of the audience, and how that has shaped my career.
Hi Keith,
Looking forward to it

regards, Richard

Old 05-02-14, 06:42
WO8 C15A 142736

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpearce View Post
Corowa is approaching fast and I still need names for the site office roster. Already some members have put their names into more than one slot and I don't want to spoil the event for them by asking for more of their time. What we need is more people to fill one time slot to spread the work load. So could you please consider volunteering for one of the vacant time slots.
Mon. 10th .
Tue. 11th
Wed. 12th
Thu. 13th 1 X 3:00 to 6:00 PM
Fri. 14th 1 X 1:00 to 3:00 PM, 2 X 3:00 to 6:00 PM
Sat. 15th 1 X 8:30 to 9:30 AM, 2 X 9:30 to 10:30 AM, 2 X 10:30 to 11:30 AM, 2 X 11:30 AM to 12:30 PM.
Thank you for the response so far.
Old 08-02-14, 11:36
WO8 C15A 142736

Quote:
Mon. 10th .
Tue. 11th
Wed. 12th
Thu. 13th 1 X 3:00 to 6:00 PM
Fri. 14th
Sat. 15th 1 X 8:30 to 9:30 AM, 2 X 9:30 to 10:30 AM,
Looking much better.
Old 12-02-14, 10:58
WO8 C15A 142736

Quote:
Mon. 10th .
Tue. 11th
Wed. 12th
Thu. 13th
Fri. 14th
Sat. 15th 1 X 8:30 to 9:30 AM, 1 X 9:30 to 10:30 AM,
Looking good now thank you.
Old 17-02-14, 21:27
Corowa Project 30

Just remember you officially have until the 28th February to pre-register for Corowa. There are a number of people on this forum who haven't pre-registered yet.
We have a few WW1 vehicles entered and this year there have been a number of people who haven't attended in the past who have sent in entry forms.
Research & Development
Old 20-02-14, 06:43

Default Posted today

Quote:
Just remember you officially have until the 28th February to pre-register for Corowa. There are a number of people on this forum who haven't pre-registered yet.
Entry for year of the Ford and KVE memberships. Sent today in the mail along with payment....

Looking forward to the week. Will be going to the Lockhart Truck Show before hand, probably.
Old 20-02-14, 11:52
Corowa Project 30

We have now hit the 200 mark. It is always difficult to predict the number of pre-entries.

Membership to KVE is also due now as we changed our financial year to fit in with the event so if you are interested in joining please ask for a membership form or get a copy from the website: www.corowaswim-in.org
Research & Development
Old 20-02-14, 11:55
Corowa Project 30

I have had contact from the media. Today I did an interview on 2AY and also had to provide some photos to Chris Hook from the Daily Telegraph.

We have submitted documents to the Corowa Shire for the parade and all is on track at this stage.
Research & Development
Old 08-03-14, 09:54
WO8 C15A 142736

temporally re fitted the tail gate with a make do latch for the trip to Corowa.
Attached Thumbnails
Px3080866.jpg  
Old 08-03-14, 10:20
Film maker, CMP addict

Default Mudflaps

Love the irony of the 'Speedy' Gonzales mud flaps.

42 FGT No9 (Aust)
42 F15
Keith Webb
Old 08-03-14, 12:11

Default We are here!

Arrived this afternoon at Corowa, met up with a few of the early regulars and had a nice meal together. Looks like being a good event by the high number of pre-registered entries. The Daily Telegraph have given us a feature in their weekend events supplement today.
More updates as we progresses and time permits!

The Wangaratta Rodders club are in town this weekend and we watched their street cruise up and down the main street in town this evening, a bit of a contrast from military vehicles.

cheers Richard

Old 09-03-14, 09:28
Corowa Project 30

The weather has been great today and we looked at the Rodders at Bangerang Park. The Site Office is now set up and the first shift starts at 9am tomorrow morning. When you arrive in town please come down to the Site office and sign in so you can receive your participant packs if you have pre-registered. Of the Pre-registered participants there were close to 200 vehicles. We encourage people to pre-register even if they are not bringing a vehicle and this closed on 28th February.
We also are encouraging people to pre-register for 2015. The cost will be $20 so in the participant packs is a form. Please complete and leave at the site office.

Site office times for the start of the week are:
9:00am until 11:00am then 3:00pm until 6:00pm
At the end of the week the Site office will be open for the whole day.

Many thanks to the people who arrived over the weekend for their support in setting up the site office.
Research & Development
Old 09-03-14, 10:31
Film maker, CMP addict

Default Good to hear

One day perhaps I'll be able to be there for the entire week... as it is I'm coming Thursday. Get ready everyone for your interviews and to ensure we have lots of action, although I think it may not be very muddy.

The talk I'm doing Friday night is coming along nicely, have been pondering and collecting things to show for months and now it's coming together - so much to pack into such a short time.

There will be a few surprises and some fun moments I hope.

As I mentioned earlier it will be a planes trains and automobiles, just subtract trains and add trucks and you get the idea.

42 FGT No9 (Aust)
42 F15
Keith Webb
Old 09-03-14, 12:57
Member since 1998

Default Bugger

Staying home this year due to life/family issues.
Hope everyone finds that part they are looking for and enjoy some stories and catching up with friends.
Call me if you see any Staghound bits going cheap
Regards,
Wayne.
Old 10-03-14, 01:31
Blitzed

Default 2014

Also will not be making the trip this year.
Originally because of work commitments and then because I put my back out which is still not ok.
Have a great one to all.
From the lounge room floor,
Ryan