MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > The Armour Forum

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 22-01-12, 03:31
that halftrack guy

Default M2A1 resto in the works

For those interested in half tracks, here's my current resto in the works

I bought this back in May '2011. It was able to fit on a full size flatbed to get her home, as you can see in the pictures. As with most project half tracks, the rear armor is missing, but she has all the frontal armor. As a bonus it came with a new (1961 new) French engine still in a crate and never opened since it was sealed in early 60s. Once off the flatbed I started to pull it around with my bobcat. She rolled nicely, but after a time, snapped a track. I guess i cant complain as they are dated '43. I was able to get a pair of NOS tracks out of NJ that were made by the Israeli military for their half tracks just before they decommissioned them.

Dec I finally started to strip it, and i"ll tell ya that the armor is pretty heavy, lucky for my wife i have the bobcat to help remove panels. Shes not the hard labor type gal lol.

You will notice a BW picture (circa early 1970s) that was sent to me. They believed it was the same M2A1, but its not. The doors are though. Its kinda funny the door has Collene, but under that is Debbie. Also the right door (which is a match to left) has a bracket on it that I have only seen on m4 mortar carriers.

I'm hoping to have this done for the spring to use it in events and give rides around the farm

Will update pictures when I can!

Andy

Last edited by Andrew; 11-02-12 at 23:50.