MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > The Sergeants' Mess

Notices

Old 12-11-10, 22:57

Default Well Now There WILL BE a Canadian Normandy Museum

Well I just got the go ahead for the only and 1st Canadian Museum in France...we have the buildings used by the Canadian Command during the Normandy Campaign!!!! 4 900 meter square barns..with walls 3 to 5 feet thick...many Canadian Soldiers that past througth there worte their Names on the walls or craved them into it..the familiy that has owned that farm for 100s of years...saved those names...now we have them them and will start to build the first Canadian Museum in France..the Juno center is not a museum..we were all mislead..

I have been asked to go there and help..both build and design...we are looking at ways we North Americans see things.
Last year I spent 17 days looking at Museums in Europe..they all seem to have the same ( after the 5th time..boring) way of doing things...
We want to be a tad diifferant..

Already we have chosen to do things a bit differant......

We will now tell the story of Dieppe to Dieppe...with the major focus on Nomandy.

This is far beyond anything I have done...but I feel we must tell the story as the JUNO Center many of us supported lied to us...it is NOT about Canadians hitting the beach...they bury the MG pillboxes so ther do not have to take care of them....just people caring for ther own jobs..and nothing else

Sorry on a rant..if you want info canonct me at northman@rogers.com

Sorry I borke my glasses today..and have troubles seeing the monitor

DEan