MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > The Carrier Forum

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20-01-18, 03:08

Default An Italian WWII Carrier

Hi everyone ! I’m Italian and this is my first post here. Please excuse my English. Correct me if necessary.

I'd like to invite opinions on the carrier in the attached photo. The photo was taken on 21st april 1945 in Bologna, Italy, when the city was liberated.

This vehicle belongs to “Goito” Battalion, a unit composed by Bersaglieri (Sharpshooters) of Italian Co-belligerent Combat Group Legnano, assigned to US Second Corps. Each infantry battalion of an Italian Combat Group had a Carrier Platoon which fielded thirteen Universal Carriers and a Support Company with four Mortar Carriers (MK I and MK II). At regimental level there was a Mortar Company with eight Mortar Carriers.

I’m writing a book on Italian Co-belligerent forces, so I tried to ID this vehicle correctly, examining some details which I put in evidence in the negative. I came to a conclusion but I’m not sure.

Thanks in advance for any help You can provide.

Luigi
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Italian MK II.jpg (193.4 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg Italian MK II 2.jpg (221.8 KB, 7 views)