MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > Canadian Military Vehicle Organisations > Ontario Military Vehicle Association News

Notices

Old 13-10-10, 08:52

Default November 11th participants?

Hey Gang...

Planning on running my 54 M37B1 truck in a parade on November 11th...just not sure where yet...I live between Simcoe and Tillsonburg. Anyone out there in my area planning on running a vehicle in a local parade for Remembrance Day? If so, where?

Would be nice to meet with other vehicles. I would love to do the Ottawa, Coe Hill or Oshawa parades/shows, but at 72km/h it's a LONG drive!

Ty
Old 14-10-10, 00:28
Gilles Chartrand

your best bet is to contact the local Canadian Legions and ask them. They will love to have you, Gilles
Old 16-10-10, 22:31
"Mr. Manual", sadly no longer with us

Default Lesson to be learned....

This is a true story...out of Little Rock, Arkansas
See the full story here or Google her name..

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/s/school-desks.htm

Back in September of 2005, on the first day of school, Martha Cothren, a social studies school teacher at Robinson High School in Little Rock, did something not to be forgotten. On the first day of school, with permission of the school superintendent, the principal and the building supervisor, she took all of the desks out of the classroom.

The kids came into first period, they walked in, there were no desks. They obviously looked around and said, "Ms. Cothren, where's our desk?" And she said, "You can't have a desk until you tell me how you earn them."

They thought, "Well, maybe it's our grades."

"No," she said. "Maybe it's our behavior."

And she told them, "No, it's not even your behavior."

And so they came and went in the first period, still no desks in the classroom. Second period, same thing. Third period. By early afternoon television news crews had gathered in Ms. Cothren's class to find out about this crazy teacher who had taken all the desks out of the classroom.

The last period of the day, Martha Cothren gathered her class. They were at this time sitting on the floor around the sides of the room. And she says, "Throughout the day no one has really understood how you earn the desks that sit in this classroom ordinarily." She said, "Now I'm going to tell you."

Martha Cothren went over to the door of her classroom and opened it, and as she did 27 U.S. veterans , wearing their uniforms, walked into that classroom, each one carrying a school desk. And they placed those school desks in rows, and then they stood along the wall. And by the time they had finished placing those desks, those kids for the first time I think perhaps in their lives understood how they earned those desks.

Martha said, "You don't have to earn those desks. These guys did it for you. They put them out there for you, but it's up to you to sit here responsibly to learn, to be good students and good citizens, because they paid a price for you to have that desk, and don't ever forget it."

By the way, this is a true story.

Please consider passing this along so others won't forget

that the freedoms we have in this great country

were earned by War Veterans.

LEST WE FORGET - Wear a Poppy to show your respect on Remembrance (Veterans) Day

Old 01-11-10, 10:55

We are taking part in the Winchester Legion's Parade on the 7th. Quite a few legion's do their parade the weekend before so as to allow their member's to attend or watch the National Event.

Robin
Union Jack Collection
Old 02-11-10, 14:11
Gilles Chartrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Craig View Post
We are taking part in the Winchester Legion's Parade on the 7th. Quite a few legion's do their parade the weekend before so as to allow their member's to attend or watch the National Event.

Robin
Union Jack Collection
Hi Robin we will also be attending the Winchester Parade on the 7th, we will be bringing our M1010 Ambulance, M1038 Maint truck and our Mule. Looking forward to seeing you there. Gilles
Old 03-11-10, 04:14
Terry Warner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wpns 421 View Post
Hi Robin we will also be attending the Winchester Parade on the 7th, we will be bringing our M1010 Ambulance, M1038 Maint truck and our Mule. Looking forward to seeing you there. Gilles
Gilles, do you need a driver or co-driver? I have 1/4, 3/4, 1 ton, 5/4, 2 1/2, LSVW and MLVW on my 416's, plus staff car, carryall, panel van and forklift. My boy might just "get" this green disease if he is part of the ride along.

Terry
terry.warner@sympatico.ca

- 74-????? M151A2
- 70-08876 M38A1
- 53-71233 M100CDN trailer

Beware! The Green Disease walks among us!
Old 04-11-10, 18:53

So far no luck! the Simcoe Legion doen't want the vehicle due to a short parade route...

Anything going on in Cambridge, Brantford or Hamilton that anyone knows about?

Ty
Old 12-11-10, 04:18
Mr. HUP

Default A wonderful day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart Fedak View Post
REMEMBRANCE DAY CEREMONY - ALTERNATE LOCATIONS OTTAWA Orléans – 1030 to 1100 hrs, Royal Canadian Legion (Branch 632) Vimont Court, and Taylor Creek Boulevard between Vimont Court and the Royal Canadian Legion at 800 Taylor Creek Boulevard, and to the Orleans Cenotaph for the ceremonial service.
Marcia and I attended the ceremony at the Orleans Legion. The crowd was probably the largest I've seen in the three years I've been attending this locale. I did not see any historic military vehicles present, but there were lots of participants.

Lest We Forget