MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > BUY, TRADE or SELL > For Sale Or Wanted

Notices

Old 06-03-10, 16:51
Keyan Noble, Halifax, NS

Default Re: Front Utility Pouches with Yolks

Hi Dale,

Just letting you know that I got your package of 2 sets of Front Utility Pouches with matching Yolks (Z.L.&T.Ltd. 1940) this past Friday night without any problems.

Your package is still showing in Montreal the last time I checked with Canada Post. If it doesn't get to you by the prescribed delivery date, either you or I will have to contact Canada Post to have them look into why it hasn't been delivered. Just thought I'd let you know.

They're perfect! They go very well with my 2 Rears that I already have. Thanks again.

Now my Section Commander of our Re-Enactment Unit is strongly considering me for the Bren Gun No. 2 position of our group. Lol.

I plan on taking them to our General Monthly meeting today a 1:00 pm and show the rest of my members what a complete set looks like.

I think I have already told you that one of our members have bought 4 of the Rears shortly after I did. They're the same manufacturer as mine, either in 1940 or 1941 War Dates. Would you mind if I pass on your email address to him at our meeting later on today, in case he decides he wants to trade with you in order to have a complete set? I think he'll be interested. I dodn't want to give out your email address without your consent.

I asked him a few days ago if he had tried fitting his P-37 Web Belt (without the brass haradware attached) through the looped material on the backside on the Rear Utility Pouches he already has. So far he hasn't. In looking ahead, do you have any Fronts with matching Yolks left for trade? If so I'll, let him know today at our meeting.

Please advise soonest.

Rgs...

Keyan

P.S.-Many, many thanks for the Front Pouches and Yolks. You now have one very happy collector and re-enactor.

Old 06-03-10, 16:53
Keyan Noble, Halifax, NS

Default Re: My New Pouches

Hi Dale,

My bad. I got my package this past Thursday night not Friday night as I said earlier.

Please forgive my error.

Keyan

Old 06-03-10, 16:59
Keyan Noble, Halifax, NS

Default Re: Pouches

Hi Dale,

Now all I need is some inert Tracer Rounds and/or Basilite Rounds for my pouches. And so the fever continues. Lol.

Do you have any ideas where I could get my hands on some?

Keyan

Old 09-05-10, 21:19

Default Ammo Pouches.... Shoulder straps...

It is time for all Canadians in need of webbing to check their local Princess Auto stores..... they are stocking canteen pouches c/w shoulder strap for $1. The one shoulder strap I did examine was dated 1942..............happy hunting
Old 10-05-10, 01:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyvapeur View Post
It is time for all Canadians in need of webbing to check their local Princess Auto stores..... they are stocking canteen pouches c/w shoulder strap for $1. The one shoulder strap I did examine was dated 1942..............happy hunting
Didn't see any canteen pouches at my local store but they did have "Front" utility pouches.... however, someone thought it would be a good ideal to remove the waist straps Someone probably thought they would be an easier sell without the straps instead of letting the customers decide.
Old 10-05-10, 15:51

Default Cross straps....

The water bottles referred to by Guy may only be available in some larger stores.

They are 1951-52 I beleive Cdn canvas holders....used but in good shape and some duffess has intalled ghreen and beige cross braces belts on them..... they even have the loop for inserting the second cross brace where they meet in the back. ...... thanks to Guy's heads up I picked up 7 of the 12 in the Ottawa store..... at a loonie each....

Boob
Canada