MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > BUY, TRADE or SELL > For Sale Or Wanted

Notices

Old 05-02-10, 22:26

Default Do you...

....also sell drugs??

Now we know where the hobby $$$ comes from.....

Boob
Canada
Old 07-02-10, 07:33

More like Im starting to feel like an addict. Ive got the khaki drug in me bad.
C15A-Wire3, 1944
Willys MB, 1942
10cwt Canadian trailer
Old 07-02-10, 10:03
carrier mech

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveF View Post
They have these pouches in Edmonton as well but like most people here I already have more than I can use. There was a surplus dealer in Calgary that had thousands of them for $2 a piece. They also had thousands of unissued P'51 straps and pouches. When I went to Calgary last year the warehouse was closed and I wonder where all of the webbing went. Perhaps PA got the P'37 pouches from there...?
I'm not sure 100%, but I think you are partially correct on the source for these. The son of the princess auto prez was getting into the hobby, and trying his hand at some of the surplus game. He brought up a few pallets or so of what he thought were regular bren pouches from the US. As soon as I saw them, I put 2 and 2 together and told him that he had found rears. There were thousands of the fronts in Calgary, to which nobody could ever find a source for rear pouches. So when we were in Calgary for the Easter gun show, he bought quite a number of the front pouches and the shoulder straps from the warehouse in Calgary.

I have not heard of his milsurp business going anywhere in the last couple years, so it may be that princess auto assumed his wares and have been selling them as regular inventory. I would expect to see the shoulder straps eventually as well.

Shame that warehouse in Calgary has closed. I only found out about in in the last few years and always managed to find a truck load of treasure every time I was through there. Especially hardware. They had all the old time screws and nuts in steel finish and charged by the pound for them. More than a few of them have been finding their way onto my carrier project.
Old 12-02-10, 03:14
Keyan Noble, Halifax, NS

Default Re: Bren Gun or Utility Pouches (aka-Bren Gun Bras)

Hi All! Pleased to meet you.

Princess Auto (Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada) has a bunch of them too.

I bought 2 of them for myself, thinking that they were the Basic Pouches ; and 1 of my fellow re-enactors bought 4 of them for himself. The last I checked they had 5 of them left in stock (4-1940 & 1-1941). Initially they had 11 in stock. Unfortunately, just the Rears are available.

Does Princess Auto have the Fronts with the waist strap at their Head Warehouse in Winnipeg, MB? Same applies for the Yokes? I'm looking for 2 of each to exactly match what I have (see below).

Kevin (and those who are interested), have a look at my first few postings describing what I had bought (condition, Marker & Date Marks, etc.). I also describe the 3 ways in which the set, Bren Gun Bra, was worn. It's listed under the following threads:

-General WW2 Topics
-WW2 Military History & Equipment
-Pattern '37 Bren Mag Pouches

Jordan & Kevin (and for the others), here is the scoup of my 2 Rear Utility Pouches:

-new, factory-unissued, mint condition, with no stains or fading
-all brass hardware, with no corrosion or oxidization
-tan in color
-C-Broadarrow marked, clear and crisp with no smears
-both 1940 War Dated, same manner as above
-both Maker marked: Z.L.&T.Ltd., same manner as above
-inked stamped "REAR" on center of back, same manner as
above

Note: I took the best of the lot with the same War Date;
& I was the first to go through them.

Princess Auto (Halifax, N.S., Canada) info on them:

-p/n: 8305302
-$9.99 each + 13% HST
(My total cost for the pair after taxes: $22.58.)
-plus shipping for those outside my area

I also have one main question to ask. Does the Waist Strap ever come separately? If so, I may only need the yoke and waist strap-1 of each. Is this possible to be rigged this way?

However, to be proper rigged up, I'll need 2 yokes straps and 2 front pouches exactly matching my rear pouches (see above).

Kevin & Jordan, let me know what you can find. I'm definately interested. You can also email me at work (Keyan.Noble@flyjazz.ca) and/or home (keyannoble@hotmail.com) if you like.

I hope the information I've given helps everyone interested.

Mr. Moderator, cuttos to you and your crew for this forum. It's most informative and helpful. Keep up the good work!

Thanks for everyones help!

Rgs...

Pte. Keyan Noble
Rifleman, Dutch resistance Fighter & Unit Weapons NCO
Maritimes World War 2 Re-Enactment Unit

P.S.-For those of you who are interested, my re-enactment group is listed on Kijiji and Facebook if you wanted to look us up.

Old 12-02-10, 04:05

Princess Auto only has the "rears" at $9.00 ? & taxes

Surplus Herbys has the "fronts".
I was there today & they have 8 "fronts" that are used , but in good cond.

If anyone wants them, I can get them for $2.99 plus PST & GST & shipping.

There is a Surplus H in Kamloops, but I won't get up there for 2 more weeks.
Old 12-02-10, 04:53

Default Let Us Call These What They Are

These pouches are called Utility Pouches, they are NOT Bren Pouches NOR are they a 'Bren Gun Bra'. They are called Utility Pouches because they were designed to carrying a variety of SAA, Grenades, Magazines and even a Water Bottle. There is NO need to go and make up a name for these pouches, they ARE Utility Pouches.

The pouches consist of a Front and a Rear with a Yoke.

The Utility Pouches were designed to carry any of these items.

Old 12-02-10, 18:06
Keyan Noble, Halifax, NS

Default Re: Utility (Bren Gun) Pouches (aka-Bren Gun Bra)

Good Afternoon All!

Please go to the following thread listed below to view my reply to Ed Storey's posting on the naming of these pouches. I don't know how to do one posting for two different threads.

Here's the thread:

-General WW2 Topics
-WW2 Military History & Equipment
-pattern '37 Bren Mag Pouches.

Rgs...

Keyan

Old 12-02-10, 18:22
Keyan Noble, Halifax, NS

Default Re: Utility (Bren Gun) Pouches (aka-Bren Gun Bra)

Hello Derk! Pleased to meet you!

Nice reference photos on the pouches and yoke strap.

In that posting you mentioned that you could get more of the Yoke Straps.
Where; how much per each; what condition; what manufacturer; and what war dates?

See my previous posting on what I have for Rear Pouches; and what I'm looking for to complete my sets.

What condition is your Front Pouch and Yoke Strap shown in your photos? They look like they're in mint shape.

Where did you get your Front Pouch; and do they have any more in the same condition of yours or better? I need 2 more to go with the 2 Rears that I already have.

Post Mark me whenever you get the chance; or you can email me at:

-keyannoble@hotmail.com (home)
-keyan.Noble@flyjazz.ca (work)

If possible, please use both addresses.

Thanks!

Rgs...

Keyan

Old 12-02-10, 19:55

Default Utility pouches

Hi Keyan,
I bought my set of utility pouches as a set 15 years ago and I paid $50.00.At that time none were around and I was happy to find a set for my collection.But as time goes by,these things eventually show up in large numbers.I will check next week at the warehouse that has the yoke straps on what dates and manufacturers are available and what they want for them and let you all know.There are no fronts available here but jeepingpw has a source for them so you can contact him for your needs.
Regards,Derk.
1943 Bantam T-3 1/4 ton trailer
BSA folding airborne bicycle ser#R5325 (early)
Old 13-02-10, 03:16

as i said in the other post, i have the yokes for $2 each. I have ZLT 1940 ones like the ones you were asking for.
C15A-Wire3, 1944
Willys MB, 1942
10cwt Canadian trailer
Old 13-02-10, 03:35

Default No yokes please....

.... be serious Jordan....

Boob
Canada
Old 13-02-10, 03:39

On E-Bay, a guy from Alberta has a few "Fronts" with Yolks for $15.00 plus shipping
Old 16-02-10, 02:44

Default Utility Pouches - Front w/straps 1941

Folks,
I am looking for 2 front Utility pouches for the front, complete with the top and side straps. ZL&T 1941.
Any help with this request would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Doug
Old 18-02-10, 07:21

Found some, bought some, Thanks for the help.
Doug
Old 19-02-10, 19:39
Dale

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepingpw View Post
On E-Bay, a guy from Alberta has a few "Fronts" with Yolks for $15.00 plus shipping

That would be me!

I have 1940 & 1941 Z.L. & T. Ltd. with matching yokes, and 1940 M.S.& U. Ltd. with matching yokes. Only Fronts. Pouch and yoke dates match as well.

Looking for a few rears for my collection, so if anyone wants to trade...

Last edited by Mk1rceme; 19-02-10 at 19:52.
Old 21-02-10, 02:36
Keyan Noble, Halifax, NS

Default Re: Front Bren (Utility) Pouches

Hi Dale!

What condition are your front pouches and yokes? I'm looking for 2 fronts with yokes to match my 2 mint rears (Z.L.&T.Ltd. 1940) that I purchased from Princess Auto here in Halifax, N.S. They have one left for sale (Z.L.&T.Ltd. 1941) and are asking 9.99 ea + 13% NS HST + shipping (See my previous posts.).

If yours are in very good or better++++ condition (I prefer mint condition) I'm interested. Would you be able to post some pictures?

I've tried looking for them on ebay with no luck. Any ideas on how I can find them listed there; and under what seller name and ebay item number?

Thanks.

Keyan

P.S.-Just a general question: Is the P-37 Equipment Strap the same thing as the Waist Strap attched to the rear side of the front pouch? They have some listed on ThingsMilitary; and they look the same. I'm just not sure if the length is the same. Does any one here know?

Old 21-02-10, 02:41
Keyan Noble, Halifax, NS

Default Re: Bren Gun (Utility) Pouches

Dale:

If your in a pinch. I can go get the last one here and send it out to you if need be.

If so, let me know and send me your mailing address. I'll do the same for you to mail out your ckeck for item cost, taxes and shipping.

Keyan

Old 21-02-10, 02:50
Dale

The fronts and yokes I have are both unissued. If you can grab that last 1941 I will trade you straight across for one of the fronts. I haven't been able to locate a 1941 Z.L. & T. Ltd. rear yet. Stopped in at my local Princess Auto again today...nothing there. I asked one of the staff wandering around and they said they never had them there yet...you guys are lucky.

I do believe that the equipment strap your talking about is shorter than the strap sewn to the front pouches which is roughly 49 inches long.

I will take some pics for you and measure the equipment straps I have...back in a bit.

Dale

Last edited by Mk1rceme; 21-02-10 at 03:14. Reason: spelling errors
Old 21-02-10, 03:10
Dale

Here are the 1940's...

I measured one of my P37 equipment straps...it was only 31 inches long. Almost 20 inches shorter than the straps attached to the fronts.

Dale
Old 21-02-10, 03:39
Dale

I might add that they look deformed because they have been boxed up since they were made...I got them from unopened and recently opened boxes. Some cardboard forms work nice to bring them back to shape.

And before anyone asks...

...No, I am not a dealer. Just a collector who was damn lucky to find a stash of these.
...No, I did not find these at Princess Auto.
...Yes, I paid more than Princess Auto prices(I don't have there quantity buying power they have), but willing to trade for rear pouches found there straight across. I would like to have a few complete sets too.

These are for sale around the $20 each area including the matching yoke. I'm not making a killing on these...these were found quite a distance from my town and any profit covers my travelling expenses. I have sold several for this price and I'm sure they will sell out. But like I said before...willing to trade for stuff too.
There, just had to get all that out of the way.

Here are pics of one of the 1941's I have...I have a couple left.

Last edited by Mk1rceme; 21-02-10 at 03:58.
Old 21-02-10, 06:39
Keyan Noble, Halifax, NS

Default Re: Bren Gun (Utility) Pouches

Hi Dale:

Thanks for the nice reference pictures; and the information on the Font Pouch's Waist Strap length compared to the Equipment Strap length. What you have is exactly what I'm looking for. I thought I would have to figure something out in just using my two rear pouches to assemble as set for my collection. Again, thanks. It's much appreciated.

In your Feb. 19th 2010, 14:39 post you state that you're selling the "Fronts" with Yolks for $15.00 plus shipping. I assume that is $15.00 US plus shipping for 1 Front Pouch with Yolk? Your Feb. 20th 2010, 22:39 post is stating that the same thing is going for around $20.00. Is the latter price in Canadian funds? It's not a big deal. I'm just trying to confirm your price for each Front Pouch with Yolk. The two different prices are confusing me.

No problem if you want to trade a Rear Pouch for a Front Pouch. I have just one question though: Does the matching Yolk still come with the Front Pouch in the trade? If not, still no big deal. Just let me know how much extra for the matching Yolk.

I'll head over to Princess Auto first thing tomorrow when they open and pick up the one remaining Rear Pouch (Z.L.&T.Ltd. 1941) for you; in trade, for one of your Front Pouches (Z.L.&T.Ltd. 1940). [Again, please let me know if the Yolk is included in the trade.] I'll purchase the other Front Pouch with matching Yolk (Z.L.&T.Ltd. 1940). If the Rear Pouch is already sold when I go there tomorrw, I still like to purchase the two mint Front Pouches with matching Yolks (Z.L.&T.Ltd. 1940) from you. So, if possible, please hold the two sets for me.

I'll post you again sometime later today to let you know if I have the Rear Pouch for you or not. Then we can figure out the shipping details and the like.

I look forward talking to you later on. Again, my greatest thanks!

Keyan

Old 21-02-10, 07:12
Dale

Quote:
Originally Posted by kajn65 View Post
Hi Dale:

Thanks for the nice reference pictures; and the information on the Font Pouch's Waist Strap length compared to the Equipment Strap length. What you have is exactly what I'm looking for. I thought I would have to figure something out in just using my two rear pouches to assemble as set for my collection. Again, thanks. It's much appreciated.

In your Feb. 19th 2010, 14:39 post you state that you're selling the "Fronts" with Yolks for $15.00 plus shipping. I assume that is $15.00 US plus shipping for 1 Front Pouch with Yolk? Your Feb. 20th 2010, 22:39 post is stating that the same thing is going for around $20.00. Is the latter price in Canadian funds? It's not a big deal. I'm just trying to confirm your price for each Front Pouch with Yolk. The two different prices are confusing me.

No problem if you want to trade a Rear Pouch for a Front Pouch. I have just one question though: Does the matching Yolk still come with the Front Pouch in the trade? If not, still no big deal. Just let me know how much extra for the matching Yolk.

I'll head over to Princess Auto first thing tomorrow when they open and pick up the one remaining Rear Pouch (Z.L.&T.Ltd. 1941) for you; in trade, for one of your Front Pouches (Z.L.&T.Ltd. 1940). [Again, please let me know if the Yolk is included in the trade.] I'll purchase the other Front Pouch with matching Yolk (Z.L.&T.Ltd. 1940). If the Rear Pouch is already sold when I go there tomorrw, I still like to purchase the two mint Front Pouches with matching Yolks (Z.L.&T.Ltd. 1940) from you. So, if possible, please hold the two sets for me.

I'll post you again sometime later today to let you know if I have the Rear Pouch for you or not. Then we can figure out the shipping details and the like.

I look forward talking to you later on. Again, my greatest thanks!

Keyan
I did acknowledge that it was me selling them, but the $15 was a starting price on the ebay auctions that I put up on there. Both that I had up recently sold around the $20Cdn. range. Normally I don't sell much but I wanted to see if I was overcharging for them...or if I may have been duped into paying to much for them. The sales let me know the price was approximately what I should sell them for. So far no one has complained about them...they are nice and minty...and they do include the matching yoke strap.

Here are the links to the most recent ones I sold on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...=STRK:MESOX:IT

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...=STRK:MESOX:IT

I sold two to Doug, not Dave, Lavoie recently(posted on this same page) for $35 for two with yokes. I just mailed them to him the other day so if you want to wait and see what he thinks of them thats ok too. Thats about as low as I can go.

If you find a 1941 ZL&T rear at PAuto, I would trade a front and yoke for sure!

Dale

Last edited by Mk1rceme; 21-02-10 at 08:29. Reason: too stupid to remember correct names
Old 21-02-10, 08:04
Keyan Noble, Halifax, NS

Default R: Bren Gun (Utility) Pouch

Hi Dale:

I knew you were he one selling them. I was just fuzzy on the price that's all. Thanks for clearing that up.

Two Front Pouches with matching Yolks (Z.L.&T.Ltd. 1940) in unissued condtion for $35.00 is a good price. No quams from me on that. I don't have to wait and see what Dave Lavoie has to say. Your photos did the all the talking.

If I can get the remaining Rear Pouch later today, it's a trade for sure. I'll buy the other Front Pouch with Yolk (Z.L.&T.Ltd. 1940) from you for $17.50 Canadian.

Will advise you later on today.

Keyan

Old 21-02-10, 08:28
Dale

Sounds good!

I have to apologize to Doug Lavoie...called him Dave in my earlier post....lack of coffee today I guess.
Old 22-02-10, 09:13
Keyan Noble, Halifax, NS

Default Re: Rear Bren (Utility) Pouch

Hi Dale,

I got the last "Rear" pouch (Z.L.&T.Ltd. 1941) from Princess Auto-Halifax yesterday afternoon. It's all boxed and ready to go. All that's left to do is put inside my check (or other form of payment-please advise) to cover the cost of my 2nd Front Utility Pouch with matching Yolk (Z.L.&T.Ltd. 1940) and its cost of shipping; and write on your shipping address. Contents inside will be well packaged to prevent any water damage and the like while enroute.

How do you normally ship things with Canada Post with these rare and hard to find items? Personally, I ship using Registered Mail, with insurance. Here on the East Coast, Canada Post isn't always 100% reliable in getting your package delivered and/or received. When they do, in most cases the shipping container is damaged, including its contents. This method allows the shipper and receiver to track the package while enroute; and also allows financial compensation when item(s) are damaged, lost or stolen during transport. If possible, would you please ship in this manner.

If the above shipping method is not your norm, I'll be more than gladly cover the extra costs involved to ship both pouch sets (Z.L.&T.Ltd. 1940) in the manner listed above. Again, please advise.

Enclosed below are my email addresses (Please use both.) so that you may forward me your shipping address, shipping costs, form of payment preferred; and, if applicable, Canada Post's Tracking Number:

Keyan.Noble@flyjazz.ca (work)
keyannoble@hotmail.com (home)

Please forward me your email address so that I may give you my mailing address and Canada Post's Tracking Number.

Again, thanks in advance!

Keyan

Old 22-02-10, 09:22
Keyan Noble, Halifax, NS

Default Re: Rear Bren (Utility) Pouch

Hi Dale,

I almost forgot. Please forgive my lateness in informing you about the status of your soon to be Rear Utility Pouch. I'm at work (2nd night of 4, all mid-nights); and we've been busy working on three aircraft (two in the hanger and one down line on the gate).

Sorry.

Keyan

P.S.-Do you like Decaff? Lol.

Old 22-02-10, 15:30
carrier mech

Ribtors warehouse in Calgary has a few (thousand) of the front pouches brand new in their cases. They run $5 each, cheaper by the hundred. They also have the shoulder straps for a buck or two each, again there are thousands.

If anyone is through Calgary, this is a must see surplus warehouse, that is, if you can find it. It is buried in an industrial park.

http://www.ribtor.com/
Old 22-02-10, 18:12
Dale

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob love View Post
Ribtors warehouse in Calgary has a few (thousand) of the front pouches brand new in their cases. They run $5 each, cheaper by the hundred. They also have the shoulder straps for a buck or two each, again there are thousands.

If anyone is through Calgary, this is a must see surplus warehouse, that is, if you can find it. It is buried in an industrial park.

http://www.ribtor.com/
I was there a few weeks ago...they seem to only have a few used fronts left. They have several thousand P51 pouches though.

I suspect the fella that sold me the ones I have bought them from there.
Old 02-03-10, 09:39
Keyan Noble, Halifax, NS

Default General Question

Hi Dale (and others),

Would you be able to tel me what the manufacturer's name is to: "M.S.&U.Ltd."; what other P-37 Web Equipment they manufactured?

Thanks.

Keyan

Old 03-03-10, 05:55
Dale

Quote:
Originally Posted by kajn65 View Post
Hi Dale (and others),

Would you be able to tel me what the manufacturer's name is to: "M.S.&U.Ltd."; what other P-37 Web Equipment they manufactured?

Thanks.

Keyan

M.S.& U. Ltd. is Montreal Suspender & Umbrella Ltd.

They made quite a variety of webbing as far as I know. Along with Zephyr Looms & Textiles, they probably made complete sets for their contracts. I think Ed would probably know more about what they made in general.

Dale