MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > The Carrier Forum

Notices

Old 26-01-06, 16:33

Default Head and tail lights

Hello friends: i can buy this lights here, but i donīt be secure to the autenticy of this.this is the correct light?
The buyer have two tipes of cover: an closed tipe, like this pic .........
Attached Thumbnails
dscf0029.jpg  
Old 26-01-06, 16:35

..and this tipe of cover. If the ligth is correct, whatīs the correct cover for Europe T.O.?
Attached Thumbnails
dscf0026.jpg  
Old 26-01-06, 16:39

How much can i paid for this piece??
Another lights are the little front pair, Thats are the corrects?. How much can i paid for the pair?
Attached Thumbnails
dscf0031.jpg  
Old 26-01-06, 16:40

Another pic.....
Attached Thumbnails
dscf0033.jpg  
Old 26-01-06, 16:45

And the tail lights pair?. Mi doubt is if the left hand light have the correct cover, i saw a T16 whit the same ligths( like the right design), in both sides. What do you think??. How much can i paid for this pair?. I nee a siren too, everibody of us have one for sale??. Thank you. Regards.JUAN
Attached Thumbnails
dscf0024.jpg  
Old 26-01-06, 17:33
T-16, C15A

Default Lights for T-16

Juan,

It looks like you have plenty of lights!

The big ones are for a MkII Universal Carrier or CMP truck. The blackout covers are in nice shape.

The small 'marker lamp' and the tail lamps are jeep parts ( for T-16 use). The tail lamps may be in metal cans with bases that bolt to the back of the armour. The lens covers are as you have them - one has a clear lens while the other side has a red lens. The T-16 had a brake light with switch - just like a car.

The T-16 stuff can be sorted out from the jeep parts by checking voltage. The T-16 is 12volt while the jeep is 6. The jeep parts repro folks make various types of small lights and I am not sure which is correct for the Carrier - the base stem on mine is thicker than the one you show.

Prices are seldom cast in stone. Remember that the more you pay for them the more they are worth!

Stewart

You may have seen pix of my T-16 with a clear lens on each side of the rear. The red lens was a distant backorder from a jeep parts place not worthy of consideration. I put a clear lens cover on to keep paint overspray out of the housing until the correct part could be obtained from John Bizal at Midwest Military.

Old 26-01-06, 20:53

Stewart: if i understand, the big light is the original T16 ligth. ok?. The seller have the two type of cover, if i understand, you like the complete obturated( except for a very small hole). but whatīs the frecuently used?. iīm asked for prices because the seller whant u$s 330 for the big one, u$s 100 for the tail lights ( each) and u$s 50 for each little light. For ower life style, is a little fortune!!!. but i donīt know another alternative. I whant know how many can you pay for this pieces, if existed, so i can comparated, an negociated whit the seller whit knowledge.
The same man have an excelent Dodge C37 ( old model, flat engine cover). I WHANT ONE!!!!
Old 26-01-06, 21:49
T-16, C15A

Default Lights

Juan,

The big light is for an earlier Carrier - your T-16 uses a jeep headlamp. They look like a regular headlamp - smaller than the one you are offered. The obturated cover - known as 'blackout' is a CMP part - not for your machine. The jeep lamp had a canvas cover to hide them. There was a blackout lamp, but they were put on late T-16s. I cannot say if your E2 got one. My T-16 does not have one.

$100 each for the tail lights seems a bit steep. You can get new ones for that much. Same for the parking lights. They are made new, so don't worry about never seeing one again. John Bizal should be able to fix you up.

Owning a vintage machine costs a bit of money, but you have to keep your wits about you. I would keep looking beyond the flathead Dodge guy. In reality - who else is he going to sell the stuff to? It will be there if and when you decide that you need it.

Good luck.

Stewart