MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > BUY, TRADE or SELL > For Sale Or Wanted

Notices

Old 28-11-23, 14:23

Default Chevy Cab12 engine cover

Hi all

I’m looking for the following two parts, even if to borrow.

The spark plug wire access panel as used in Chevy Cab12 is the same part number (5800233) as used on the Otter engine covers. It’s circled in red.

The other is the actual whole right side panel. The Otter has a different part number, however I believe the basic shape of the stampings is the same. The bottom edge of the Otter one sits in a track whereas the Cab12 is bolted in place.
Attached Thumbnails
image0.jpeg  
Attached Images

C15A-Wire3, 1944
Willys MB, 1942
10cwt Canadian trailer
Old 28-11-23, 23:49

Jordan, in case you can't find an original; I can help you with measurements of the spark plug panel.
Old 29-11-23, 04:15

Default Replied to your PM

......will see what we can do!!!!!! I may have beaten panels to use as models...
Canada
Old 03-12-23, 22:52

Default Phew.....got them......

Hi Jordan

Of course when the weather was nice I was busy doing something else while it was dry..... so to day I had to do it.......

first of all we are having an ice storm...... not bad so far....power is still on but I didi put more wood in the stove.......

so the lock on the sea can was frozen...... walk back to the barn to get the propane torch..... bingo once toasted it opened.... the lock opened but the doors were frozen shut...... so I dug up the "kinetic" cable from the Ford and had Joyce pull the doors open gently it open while in 4x4 rear axle looked..... it was standing in frozen mud....... gave me a chance to try out my brand new snow/mud tires...... but I forgot my "logistic" powerful flashlight on the tool bench.... so walked back to the barn.....back to the sea can...... and yes I have one in good enough condition with the round door to copy....and also the pass. side and the middle section.....all with some rust hole but you can easily duplicate with some imagination....... will have photos next week after the storm. The driver's side panel is made up of seven pieces two being the long plug hole and the round dipstick hole. they are easy because you can do the separate piece then assemble and spot weld or rosette weld in place.

The other panels are a good start to duplicate for yours with out the bolt holes and you may have to adapt your repro to fit your particular set up.....

Now the million dollars Question...... how do you get your hands on them??? The cheap Grey hound bus service of years ago is gone.....Canada post is out of the question....... are you planning to work on them during the Winter???

My Grimsby in laws have all passed away ....... anything military shows in TO or GTA coming up??? or can it wait until the OMVA flea market in March sometimes????? or do we meet half way somewhere and I throw them out the window as we head in opposite direction on the 401.......

Weather permitting I might take Joyce for supper at the Spaghetti Factory after the Holidays... it used to be one of our favorite hang out when I worked down town TO.....

Hope you are missing the foul weather....... forecast for Ottawa is freezing rain....with snow at times but until mid day tomorrow.......of course my generator is at the ready if needed.

Nice to coming in a dry warm house....now my gloves can dry!!!!

Winter isn't over yet....

Cheers
Canada
Old 05-12-23, 04:33

Bob, this reads like a CMP version of Homer’s epic The Odyssey.

In all seriousness, thanks so much for digging them out. I’d like to do a trip up to Ottawa one day. Vicki has never been and I’d like to measure up some stuff on the war museum Otter. We will get something worked out.
C15A-Wire3, 1944
Willys MB, 1942
10cwt Canadian trailer
Old 05-12-23, 04:45

Default Roger that...........

....later dude
Canada
Old 05-12-23, 04:51
Terry Warner

A trip to Ottawa without a detour to Bob's Rust Ranch is a missed opportunity.

- 74-????? M151A2
- 70-08876 M38A1
- 53-71233 M100CDN trailer

Beware! The Green Disease walks among us!