MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > BUY, TRADE or SELL > For Sale Or Wanted

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13-07-18, 08:17
Film maker, CMP addict

Default Ford CMP gearstick boots (reproduction)

I am about to have a run of these made from an original NOS item to make available to the CMP community.

Normally all that is left of these is the rotted remains held on by the small retaining plate on the gearbox cover.

These will be a great finishing detail for your vehicle.

I have been assured they are going to be identical to the original and made in black rubber.

But before I give the order to have the moulds made (it's a fairly substantial investment) I need to have a firm indication of the numbers I can expect to sell so I know I'm going to at least break even in this exercise. I'd like to place that order by the beginning of August 2018.

The cost will be A$65 per unit plus postage

So what do these fit?

They fit all Ford CMP models from Cab 11 to Cab 13.

(The Chevrolet boot is different and due to not having a NOS original I am not contemplating having these reproduced.)

The attached photos are of a NOS one I have. You can see how it was made from a two piece mould. I have had this in my possession since 1976.

Once I have sufficient interest there will be a small proofing batch made and I will post photos of those.

I'll be advertising these on the three Facebook groups - my one which is Canadian Military Pattern Vehicles, there's the MLU group and the other is Chev and Ford Blitzes.

Please feel free to suggest other outlets - the more orders the more likely it will be that this will happen.

You can either send me a pm or post your interest here and I'll compile into the database - it doesn't matter if you also register your interest in other places - I'll be collating them in one place.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Boot LHS.jpg (144.8 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Boot RHS.jpg (135.2 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Boot underside.jpg (122.5 KB, 1 views)

42 FGT No8 (Aust) remains
42 FGT No9 (Aust)
42 F15
Keith Webb
Macleod, Victoria Australia
Also Canadian Military Pattern Vehicles group on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/canadianmilitarypattern