MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > GENERAL WW2 TOPICS > The MLU Sappers Mess

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21-03-10, 05:47
Derek Heuring

Default It's on!

I've been given permission to make the official "UNOFFICIAL" announcement regarding the MVPA's Alcan Highway convoy.

IT'S ON!

Final details are to be hammered out at the next AGM of the MVPA but here are the tentative details:

The convoy will leave Dawson Creek on August 4th, 2012. To avoid duplicating the run all the way up and then down the Alcan highway the MVPA is considering a "Figure 8" route which will take us first to Whitehorse, Yukon, then from there cross into Alaska at Chicken, Alaska then head to Anchorage. From Anchorage head North to Fairbanks, thence all the way back along the Alcan highway to Dawson Creek.

Any of these details can and may change and you will soon be able to sign up for the convoy and receive email alerts as to any changes. Dennis Boots will once again be Chief of Maintenance and Terry Shelswell most likely Convoy Leader. Sorry I don't have more details but I will pass them on as I get them.
I'm asking all MLU members along the route to start the buzz in order to gain maximum support. We'll be contacting the cities along the route well in advance of the convoy in order for them to participate in and support the convoy. I'm going to contact my old CME buddies to see if we can garner some support from the Canadian Military and /or Government, as will the Ex-U.S. servicemen here be asking for support from the U.S.

See all y'all in 2012!