MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > The Sergeants' Mess

Notices

Old 15-03-20, 19:38
carrier mech

Default Covid-19

So we here in Canada are just starting to see the beginning of this pandemic. At this point, we are seeing the hoarding of toilet paper, the cancellation of many public events, cultural icons like hockey and curling events cancelled, and churches and museums closed. Even a lot of the military has been told to stay home for the next 3 weeks. The government is trying to do what it can do to make the pandemic peak over a longer period of time rather than overload the health care system quickly.

This seems to have worked it's way around the world from East to West. So what are the experiences of the MLU community in other countries? Has this virus had any direct health effects on our members and families?
Old 15-03-20, 21:07

In New Zealand, as of Today, we are at 8 confirmed cases, and are shutting down the boarders for some people coming in and imposing 14 day self-isolation. Cheers Andrew.
Loyd Carrier / English / Candian / LP.
M3 Stuart
Old 15-03-20, 23:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Rowe View Post
In New Zealand, as of Today, we are at 8 confirmed cases, and are shutting down the boarders for some people coming in and imposing 14 day self-isolation. Cheers Andrew.
Good call, here in Canada 80% of the confirmed cases are from people coming into Canada who then infect 10% more and the remaining 10% are community.
Old 16-03-20, 00:30
MLU Administrator

Default Holland

Last week things moved quickly here in The Netherlands. The government imposed regulations to minimise social contact, just this weekend they were made stricter: bars, restaurants, movie theatres, schools, churches, sport clubs - you name it - are now to be closed down. People are supposed to work from home as much as possible. The plan is to slow down the spread of the virus so the medical system can treat the patients.

For reliable info on the situation in the Netherlands, see https://www.government.nl/topics/coronavirus-covid-19

Let's keep it factual on here, please.
Old 16-03-20, 04:47

Default Wuhan Viras

Our big two day gunshow was just cancelled that was next week and a display i was going to set up at the local service battalion for operation Faust, was cancelled 6 weeks in advance. But still 6 flights a day from China arriving locally and even health proffesionals arriving on those flights are shocked that there was no screening at the arrivals or customs. oh and there is no toilet paper to be found even though the plant that produces about 20% of north american supply is right here. Went for a drive in the CMP and checked up on club members and their projects. Fun day.
Old 16-03-20, 05:09

Smile

Pretty sure my shed is Coronavirus free.
So to do my bit I will tell the missus I am self isolating in the shed for the next two weeks.
Should get The Tilly finished.
1941 Fordson WOT 2H (Unrestored)
194? Fordson WOT 2D (Unrestored)
1939 Ford 1 ton utility (Undergoing restoration)
1940 Ford 1 ton utility (Unrestored)
1941 Ford 1 ton utility (Unrestored)
BSA folding bicycle
BSA folding bicycle
1941 Ford/Marmon Herrington 3A gun tractor
1941 Ford/Marmon Herrington 3 gun tractor (Unrestored)
1941 Diamond T 969 (Unrestored)
Wiles Junior Cooker x 2
Old 17-03-20, 03:09
GM Fox I

Wife and both offspring are 'working from home' which is nonsense because they were not sent home with any work or the ability to do it remotely. I, on the other hand, found out today I have to manage, make work and monitor MY STAFF who are 'working from home'. No overtime, no help and I'm responsible if production goes down (which of course it will since they have no tools to do their job).

Oh well, at least there will be less traffic on the drive in.

GRRRRRRRRR
Old 17-03-20, 06:05
Graeme Jamieson

Default Working from home

Message from the cleaner. He is now working from home and will send instructions what to do by email.