MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > Military Shows & Events > COROWA - THE EVENT

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 20-12-07, 07:17

Unhappy The future of KVE Inc and Corowa '08

To whom it may concern, and others who may be interested.

After many long phone conversations that I have personnally had regarding this matter and mostly at the instigation of this thread; I have, in my mind, found some possible solution.

Some may say that this thread does not have it's finger on the pulse, however I stand at the heart of the matter, and am well informed, and so feel that I can speak with some fair understanding of the events and positions that have put us all in this unbearable situation.

KVE inc was set up after - from memory, the 2005 Corowa. It's main purpose and role was to eleviate some of the stress and work that Jan Thompson and her mother, Barbara; were under each year as the event grew to the size and complexity that it now enjoys. The main imputes to this decision was the well being of Barbara, whom has now on a couple of occasions, become quite distressed throughout the event.

The meeting that was held after the usual Saturday night happenings, that I duely note, was attended by delegations from ALL clubs and ALL states agreed to support the formation of this organisation in appreciation and support of the tireless efforts of a few good women and men, whom organise the event; to aide and abet the successful operation of subsequent Corowas.

I have attended personally quite a few Corowa's now, and I am sorry if this offends some of the sensibilities of some people here, but I find that Jan Thompson is the Corowa organiser. She has been the one whom has done the hard work. Taken responsiblity. Bourne the scorn and discontent when some of us weren't entirely happy. Had the sleepless nights etc. ad nausem.

For the, and I will say, self appointed committee of the KVE, to speak ill of her intentions or actions is, I am afraid outrageous to say the least. I am uncertain as to what agenda this committee has in mind, but their behaviour is unacceptable.

I do not support the resignation and then self reappointment of officers at whimsy. If you are not happy with the way things are unfolding whilst you are in office, resign; but then do not meddle once your decision to leave has been made. At the end of the day, if you are unhappy with how the event is unfolding you are more than welcome to boycott the event.

Nor do I support the interferrence of those people who believe that they can repair the damage that this has caused by- once again - self appointing and trying to "take over" by remote control from a distance ( and I'm not referring to anyone from Overseas at all ), leave this to the people who are at the centre of it, and whom have the necessary skill and experience to organise this event.

I was happy to hear through this site that there had been the appointment of an emergency committee, who were working hard to ensure next year's event was as safe and enjoyable for everyone involved as it was possible to make it. However I was dismayed to then discover - once again through this site, that these people had been ejected by the actions of the very people whom they had taken up the banner to carry on from.

These "committee officers" may ask "...who the hell are you, your not even a member of KVE...", This is true, I had not been invited to become a member at this stage. I have heard from some sources that said officers of "the committee" did not want members at all, and I ask, how could that be healthy?

As is indicated by members of MLU and I note the likes of Matt McMahon, Bob Moseley and some others; Corowa 2008 "Year of the Tracked Vehicle" is now at some great jeopardy. With the removal of the emergency committee, ground work and planning for the safe operation of sizeable, heavy armoured vehicles is incomplete and subsiquently resulting in the withdrawal of numerous armoured vehicles and attendees.

As things currently stand, I believe that the only option open to us...the people and attendees of the event, is to dissolve KVE as it is not fulfilling the role for which it was established. Some other organisation will need to be undertaken that will assist not hinder the real organisers of the event.

Let us attend 2008 just as a normal Corowa event without a theme, and work towards a bigger and better event for the 30th anniversary in 2009, where we can support the efforts of those people with the skills and experience to properly organise the safe operation of large, heavy and possibly dangerous armoured vehicles.

And so I ask you all to support the dissolution of KVE inc. and lets get back to the Corowa that we loved and want to all attend.

Sincerely

Pedr
Old 20-12-07, 12:17
RIP

Default Pedr

WELL SAID

Bob
Website owner - salesmanbob.com
Old 24-12-07, 10:36

Default Corowa 2008?

I hadn't seen this tread before and just spent the last 1 or so reading the entire 5 pages. I can see that all those involved are good civic minded people, who only want to put on another great event. What a shame it has come to a "he said, she said". I can see that Corowa has grown out of sight and if it is to continue, perhaps it should be profesionaly/commercialy run. It is ovious it is no longer just a social gathering. I too have planned to travel from Qld to take part, but now I'm worried about spending my valuable time and money. This public airing of the proceedings may not have been helpful, but it is obvious that professional organisers might be the answer for the future. And we all wish for Corowa's continued success. Let's hope that Corowa 2008 is another great event and that it will continue to promote the restoration and display of military vehicles, for all to enjoy.
Fingers crossed.
Grant Fincher
Old 31-12-07, 00:02

Default Corowa 08

Well Gentlemen, (and Ladies), it is strange how things change. About two weeks ago Alex and I withdrew support to KVE stating that there were difficulties within the committee.

There was a meeting held in Melbourne on the 27 Dec and a major shake up has occurred that has led to both Alex and I returning all support again.

With effect 27 Dec the committee of KVE is officially comprised of:

President
Ian Pullen

Vice President
Hugh Davis

Treasurer
Maureen Bell

Secretary
Jan Thompson

Members
Euan McDonald
Alex McPherson
Barb Thompson.

I believe that the new group will be able to take the event into the future and bring the week that is "Corowa" to a new level; therefore I ask any and all people who have been erring on the side of caution in placing entries to the Secretary to now make a decision. I, for one, would appreciate your support and hope that you will place an entry. There are now quite a few people who are dusting off what has been hidden in sheds around the country in anticipation of the Tracked Vehicle Theme.

I ask anyone who enjoys this event to place the past behind them and look at this with a new perspective. We are a new committee with some new perspectives and ideas and we are there for the enthusiasts (which is you). To bring this to a new beginning (not unlike a bird rising from the ashes, eh Bob?), I ask Sunray to actually close this thread.

I can also now announce that "Corowa" now has a dedicated website. For those interested it is www.corowaswim-in.org

As before, I am more than happy to answer any questions/concerns. This can be done by replying to threads, PMs or e-mails.

Here is wishing all of you a great new year and a great New Corowa and I thank you all for your support.

It's not what you know
It's not who you know
It's what you know about who..
Old 31-12-07, 01:06
former OC MLU, AKA 'Jif' - sadly no longer with us

Default Outstanding Ian!

...and thanks for standing by all this time. I have every confidence the revitalised KVE Committee will be able to take Corowa in new and exciting directions!

For those wishing to reply to this thread, it's closed eff immediately; please use the new Year of the Tracked Vehicle thread accordingly.

Congratulations to all of you in the new committee and here's to a great 2008!