MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > The Carrier Forum

Notices

Old 13-04-13, 01:31

Unhappy need help for misc pc's for mk2 carrier

Hello My name is Les and i'am working on a mk2 carrier made in 1944 . the carrier belongs to ppcli and was at the Museum of The Regiments in Calgary AB . what i need help for is i'am looking for a pr of front marker lights , dash light , ignition switches that mount in switch panel / dash , also the cast bulkhead for the electrical to run thru to the frt lights . I'am also looking for a pair of latches for the large tool box on the outside of hull at rear of unit . Also help on how the wireless 19 is mounted in the rear compartment . The search for anykind of info on the frt mounted , gunner side smoke gernade launcher, just brings up nothing pretaining to mk2's. Last I'am loking for what I understand is a Leslie pintle hook for rear towing . I think I saw one for sale on the for sale forum but its gone . Any kind of help on where to find some of these pc's or how to build them would be great Thanks in advance Les
Old 13-04-13, 02:09

Default Welcome to MLU

Les, welcome to the Carrier forum of MLU.

I expect most of your questions can be answered to assist you with the restoration. Best wishes locating a Stacey towing attachment (if that is what you mean by "Leslie pintle hook"?). Late model N0-2 MKII* switch panels and dash lamps are a challenge, depending on your skills or the depth of your pockets.

Consider getting in touch with Brian Asbury in Southern Ontario (BCA on MLU) as he may have the marker lamps you are looking for. If you are stowing as Welsh Guards, the driver side lamp will be incorporated in the POW bracket. The gunner side has a separate bracket.

The large stowage box latches can be hand made, unless you can get Ben H. in England to make a set for you as a casting. Superb work and hard as Woodpecker lips when you want to drill them.

That awesome museum deserves an on-line look. I expect they could acquire a functional M10 Ross Rifle smoke discharger . . . you could spend some time on the smoke discharger thread and have a look at what Bruce P., Lynn E., Jordan B. and Ron P. as well as others have contributed.

There are a few different set-ups for the WS No. 19 in the MKII*, but perhaps the carrier you are working on has some clues to indicate how it was stowed?

How about some pictures of what you are up against?

Last edited by Michael R.; 13-04-13 at 17:04.
Old 13-04-13, 03:18
carrier mech

I believe that was Mickey Zwack's old carrier. That has been sitting for quite some time. Good luck.

Pretty much all the things you are looking for (information wise) will be on this site already. Some of the smoke discharger cups have been on ebay.com lately....do a search there and I believe you will see a very nice photo of the mk2 setup.
Old 13-04-13, 08:19

My 1944 MK2 is done in Welsh Guard Stowage with lots of research regarding the stowage configuration. PM me with your email address if you want more specific pictures. Ron
Attached Thumbnails
Carrier 017.jpg   Carrier 053.jpg   Carrier 020.jpg   Carrier 004.jpg   Carrier 008.jpg