MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > GENERAL WW2 TOPICS > Your Relatives

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-01-19, 16:51

Default Introduction and help.

Hi all, I have been working with Ted in trying to find the man who sent my Late Mother a card in 1944. I have since been invited to join the website and post the photos here just in case someone recognizes the sender.

I started to track my Late Father's wartime work after finally being discharged from the Base Hospital following various infections caused by being in some weird places over the years.

Dad joined the Royal Navy in 1942 and he was sent to Scotland to take the Commando Course at HMS Armadillo. After completing the course it gets more difficult to track him as the Royal Navy had him listed as HMS Copra, which was a main Pay Base and Post Office for Royal Navy Commando Groups. That way no one would know where they were and what they were up to.

My younger Sister sent all of the letters between Mum and Dad and I have been gleaning small tidbits from them. Then I found the card that was sent to Mum and shown with this story. it measures 9 inches/23 Cms by 3.5 inches/9 Cms

I did find another card from a German POW Camp, the writer turned out to be an Uncle I never knew about which after a little more research I found three more Uncles. One of them was killed at Arnhem and has no known grave but I was able to furnish the War Graves Commision with a photograph of him for their files.

Regards
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dragoons 1 (2).jpg (485.9 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Dragoons 2 (2).jpg (405.3 KB, 2 views)