MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > BUY, TRADE or SELL > For Sale Or Wanted

Notices

Old 28-05-13, 13:30
Shane Rayner

Thumbs up few parts and information for my blitz F60L Cab 12 truck

Hello all, i need a few parts and information for my blitz F60L Cab 12 truck. I have never restored anything in my life but would like to have this ready and complete for the 100th of WW1. What i do need is the same as everyone else i guess, doors, wiper motors, all sorts of bits so any help would be great.I also havea few youtube videos under Ford cmp my user name is bayyonet.
Cheers Shane.
Old 28-05-13, 13:44
"Sid and Errol's Dad"

Smile Welcome aboard!

Gday Shane and welcome to the MLU forum.
There are a few members in and around the Adelaide area who will be able to help you with your project, I'll let them chime in and make themselves known.
Also, Ganmain Tony has all-but completed his F60L 12 cab and will be an excellent source of info for you. He's a bit of a barstard but handy to know.
It is good to see another 12 cab rear it's head... What is the history of your truck, where did it come from, how did you come to be it's custodian?
Most importantly... POST PHOTOS as most members here have trouble reading.
Cheers, H
F15 #12
F15A #13 (stretched)
F60S #13
C15A #13 Wireless (incomplete)
Old 28-05-13, 16:09
Shane Rayner

Thumbs up Help

Cheers mate, im here because of Colin Jones a great bloke who has already started to help me i have known Colin for many years before i got the bug(got it from him im sure) I got this truck from NSW it was already known to Keith Webb and i bought it on ebay. I have served in the army and have collected militaria all my life but its Colin who inspired me with his collection. Thanks Howard for the info, i need all the help i can get.Cheers Shane

Last edited by Shane; 28-05-13 at 16:20.
Old 29-05-13, 01:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard View Post
Gday Shane and welcome to the MLU forum.
There are a few members in and around the Adelaide area who will be able to help you with your project, I'll let them chime in and make themselves known.
Also, Ganmain Tony has all-but completed his F60L 12 cab and will be an excellent source of info for you. He's a bit of a barstard but handy to know.
It is good to see another 12 cab rear it's head... What is the history of your truck, where did it come from, how did you come to be it's custodian?
Most importantly... POST PHOTOS as most members here have trouble reading.
Cheers, H
It's not that we have trouble reading over here, it's the fact we pomms might drop the fish n chips and spill our tea while having dinner with the queen queen AND get to read at the same time!!!!
It's better than being down under (down under what exactly baffles me!!) Staring at a field full of sheep and looking for the "cute one with blue eyes"!!!
Old 29-05-13, 05:11

North West UK .... that would be Stornoway on the Island of Lewis, would it? Place where the winds blow and the sun rarely shines....

Terra Australis: the GREAT Southern Land 'down under' the globe. Any more south, and you'd be in Antarctica (snow, ice, wind, kinda like 'Nor'west UK', I believe.....)

The sheep thing: I think you're getting Aussies mixed up with New Zealanders (couple of moderate sized islands that have a propensity to shake. Next country to the right and a little bit south of Oz... lots of clouds, apparently, hence the name)

What's the chassis number of your Cab 12, Shane? (or have you got it recorded, Keith??)

Mike C
Old 29-05-13, 07:07
Shane Rayner

Hi Mike.
The numbers are
Serial 17192
motor 2G 4307 9 F
Model F-60L
S/M OR C/D 2037

Old 29-05-13, 09:14
RIP

Default Adelaide Contact

Hi Shane - I am in South Australia and have a few posts on MLU. Any assistance you need, yell out.

Salesman Bob
Website owner - salesmanbob.com
Old 29-05-13, 09:34
"Sid and Errol's Dad"

Smile Hang on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Dutton View Post
It's not that we have trouble reading over here, it's the fact we pomms might drop the fish n chips and spill our tea while having dinner with the queen queen AND get to read at the same time!!!!
It's better than being down under (down under what exactly bffles me!!) Staring at a field full of sheep and looking for the "cute one with blue eyes"!!!
Paul,
I Never insinuated any nationality in particular had trouble reading, interesting that you nominated yourself...
And by the way, as Mike pointed out, it is the kiwis that know their Shep by name. Here in the Oz bush, we tend to eye of the odd poddy calf. The reason? Maybe one day I'll tell you over a beer our two. Not here on the forum ,
So, less get back to Jason's truck... Tell us more, and post some photos!
F15 #12
F15A #13 (stretched)
F60S #13
C15A #13 Wireless (incomplete)
Old 29-05-13, 10:18
Bluebell

Paul, If Howard were completely honest, he'd tell you that sheep have green eyes.

Carrier Armoured O.P. No1 Mk3 W. T84991
Carrier Bren No2.Mk.I. NewZealand Railways. NZR.6.
Dodge WC55. 37mm Gun Motor Carriage M6
Jeep Mb #135668
So many questions....
Old 29-05-13, 12:43
Shane Rayner

Thumbs up Truck and sheep

Oh i thought you lads were going to help new members, maybe if i let you in on a little secret. As told by a kiwi, if you put the sheep next to a cliff they always push back harder I think im going to get along with MLU very well. Oh by the way have bought new feet for my truck 1.2h for $160 each. If anyone in Adelaide can fit the brake lines would love to hear from you. Cheers Shane
Old 29-05-13, 14:00
Bluebell

Shane,....BTW, I'm a kiwi

Carrier Armoured O.P. No1 Mk3 W. T84991
Carrier Bren No2.Mk.I. NewZealand Railways. NZR.6.
Dodge WC55. 37mm Gun Motor Carriage M6
Jeep Mb #135668
So many questions....
Old 29-05-13, 14:27
Shane Rayner

Then mate that makes us brothers
Old 29-05-13, 18:14

Shane,

Your F60L Cab 12 was part of a large British order, SM2037, of which Australia received 1,750 F60Ls under the Aust contract Demand CD-E-3909 as 'Cab/Chassis'. This means they were equipped with bodies locally. Your truck should have the Australian roof hatch welded into the roof. CD-E 3909 also covered a range of truck spares, tyres, flaps and tubes, too, from several sources.

I have no record of that chassis/engine number, but those early orders had numbers all over the place and all jumbled up, so not an easy one to locate (ie for example '2G37711F might be followed by 2G50467F, or 2G29409F, etc - no 'pattern' to provide an area to look at)

Does the bodywork still have paint on it? If so, carefully sand off the areas below the w/screen to see if any of the registration number has survived.

Mike C
Old 30-05-13, 00:07
Shane Rayner

Default numbers

Hi Mike.

I have had the truck blasted and have painted it portland stone(its still in bits). The cab does have a hatch in the roof also it looks like the chassis has been extended. Did the Aussies get the truck during the war or after? Also is there any record on how many are left today. Thankyou for your advice its great to share a hobbie that people enjoy, i will try and find the serial number on friday cheers Shane
Old 30-05-13, 00:17

The Cab 12 F60L trucks were, in the main, received in late 1941 and during 1942.

Mike C
Old 30-05-13, 16:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
Did the Aussies get the truck during the war or after? Also is there any record on how many are left today.

Hi Shane, welcome to MLU. Article below describes first CMP shipments to Australia in late '41. These were all Cab 12 F60Ls like yours, arriving fully assembled as Cab/Chassis and fitted with locally made bodies. Cab 13s started arriving in early-mid '42, the vast majority being chassis only in CKD form. These were assembled here and fitted with locally made cabs as well as bodies. (Note reference to American standardization on CMPs is erroneous).

As yet we don't have a comprehensive register of surviving CMPs in Australia, although some work has been done along those lines. Certainly Cab 12s are much scarcer than Cab 13s which were produced in much greater numbers. Congrats on saving another one, looking forward to some pics eventually.

Cheers,
Tony
Attached Thumbnails
article2583026-3-001 - Copy.jpg  
Old 31-05-13, 13:28
Shane Rayner

Thanks Tony,mike,howard and rob for all the info you have given me, please keep it coming its the only way ill learn. Mike the only numbers i have found on the truck are
this is on the chassis
101W

And another number on part of the radiator bracket
CO1Q8126B 2 After numder 2 is an A in a circle

There are parts of the truck that i do not have back from the sandblaster maybe there could be more i will check it out asap. Thanks lads.
Old 01-06-13, 01:05
Tony Baker

Shane,

Yesterday afternoon I made an attempt to contact that fellow we were talking about, but no one was home......except the dogs. He lives quite near our local post office, so i'm around that way at least once a week picking up packages. I'll keep trying, bound to find him at home some time.

You may have already done this, I don't know, but in addition to this thread under Wanted section, why not go to the Restoration section and start another thread there. We will all check it regularly. Be sure to add lots & lots of photos!
Old 01-06-13, 05:05
Shane Rayner

Ok Tony will do. Thanks again for your help. Cheers Shane