MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > Military Shows & Events

Notices

Old 02-12-16, 04:48
Dan Glanville

Default 150 years of canada ipm antique show

The Internation Plowing Match 2017 Sept 19-23 is looking for interest of having a Military Vehicle Display added to their antique vehicle section in commemeration to the 150 years of Canada celebration. It will be held in Walton, Ontario. They would like to see what kind of interest will be generated from Military Vehicle Owners. The committee has talked about providing some transportation for some MVs to and from site. Camping sites are available. www.plowingmatch.org. Please respond to this thread to see what type of numbers would be interested in participating.
Thanks
Dan
Old 02-12-16, 16:45
Terry Warner

Queen of the Furrow

http://www.plowingmatch.org/the-quee...anquet-ipm2016

"The Queens are judged based on their performance in: Plowing Ability, Appearance & Deportment, an Interview and a Speech."

Forgive me for my urban reaction, but this is a real skills contest not just a beauty pageant. I wonder how many farm marriages have started after a few turns around the field and a critical eye to how well the soil was turned?

- 74-????? M151A2
- 70-08876 M38A1
- 53-71233 M100CDN trailer

Beware! The Green Disease walks among us!
Old 04-12-16, 00:17
HLIofC - Normandy Pl

I'd be there

too many carriers
too many rovers
not enough time.
(and now a BSA...)
(and now a Triumph TRW...)
Old 04-12-16, 14:06
Dan Glanville

I guess the committee is willing to give the MV community full cooperation for any needs to have a good showing of MVs. Not only is it the 150 for Canada it apparently is the 100th anniversary of the "Victory Match" , That being the first international plowing match held after victory of WW I. So they are really wanting a good showing. Hoping to generate a lot of interest through this forum for them.
Old 04-12-16, 17:40
T-16, C15A

Default If only ...

.. there was a guy up there - who was a farmer AND a military vehicle guy ...

perhaps near to Holmesville ...

he must be on vacation.
Old 04-12-16, 19:17

Default Victory Match ?

I think it is generally accepted WW 1 ended November 11 1918. Perhaps the reference would be for the Canadian Corp taking Vimy Ridge in 1917.
Old 05-12-16, 17:57
Dan Glanville

Perhaps that's what they are referring to, not entirely sure. All I know is that they are hoping to get a good turn out for the show. They seem to want to invest time and money into it to get us out there. Hopefully we can get some good amounts of MVs out for them. Unfortunately I don't know enough about organizing groups and shows or know anyone that does show setups to get it going in the right direction.
Old 19-01-17, 16:37
Dan Glanville

Default Heads Up! Great opportunity to Show!

To All Members that have a Military Vehicle or Militaria display

The association of the IP is in the process of determining what they need to have a good MV turnout and get us there.
They are asking about who would need transportation for their MV, how many daily entry tickets for displayers would be required and any other special onsite needs.

This organisation is really interested in having us there.

It would be nice if we could support them and get a head count to see who is wanting to show their vehicle or military historical display.

This is a great opportunity to have your MV at a show where the host is willing to professionally transport your vehicle for you.
Lets step up and put your name in the hat.

Respond to this post so we can get a head count please
Thanks
Dan
Old 20-01-17, 01:09
metal urgest

I would be interested in bringing the Sexton. Was transport help offered?

Perry
Old 20-01-17, 11:15

There is interest at my shop in doing something, the question is relevant, are they looking for only Canadian made or operated items or is it open to all makes all types all eras?

If we got our fuel down and back and we knew the terms of display ie no touchy feely or full on childrens play village status we would narrow down the possibles.

Home of the Maple Leaf Adapter
2 Canadian Mk1 Ferrets
Kawasaki KLR250 CFR 95-10908 ex PPCLI
Canadair CL70 CFR 58-91588
Armstrong MT500 serial CFR 86-78530
Two Canam 250s
Land Rover S3 Commanders Caravan Carawagon 16 GN 07
Trailer Cargo 3/4 T 2WHD 38 GJ 62
Old 20-01-17, 14:49
Dan Glanville

This is open to all makes and eras as well as any static displays of re-enactors or militaria such as trench building etc.

There will be no jungle gym usuage of the displays and they even mentioned night time monitoring and security.

Transportation help, ticket coverage and onsite needs have all been mentioned. There is camping and trailer ability on site as well as some hotels in the area. They wanted to get an idea of how many would show and what was needed so that they could get a start on organizing.

Their goal is to educate and honour. From what I understand a few of the organizing associates have some ties to veterans and serving military personnel. The property that it is being held on is also associated with a charity maple syrup business that donates all proceeds to families of fallen soldiers.
I am not affiliated with them but was asked to see what I could round up to make this work out. Post some feedback