MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > Post-war Military Vehicles

Notices

Old 24-05-17, 13:54

Will have a look in daylight tomorrow and see what is on chassis,bracket wise etc
Old 26-05-17, 12:00

Default Re Oztankboy

Hi John, I spoke to Phil (Oztankboy) about 4 years ago at Corowa, asking him for a list of what he wanted to get rid of in regard to his Humber parts, he seemed keen, but I never heard back, even with a follow up e-mail. I note he has not visited MLU for two years.
He was the first person to see my Humber that actually new anything about them, gave me a few pointers too. Hope all is OK with him.
Rich.
Old 27-05-17, 02:59

Hi Rich,yeah i was wondering that too as he just seemed to drop off any more posts etc,just thought you guys may have been closer and knew a bit more.
Checked chassis and brackets/holes and stuff there but no convoy light, but will worry about that a bit further down the track as there is still a mountain of work to do just on the mechanical side of things(i need to retire just to have the time to finish this off!). You must have worked BLOODY hard to get yours on the road in 4 months back when you bought it.
John
Old 29-05-17, 11:53

Dave,missus couldnt find your details till today,sorry, but she has paid it in to your Acc No, so you should be right,thanks again Dave, i will be fitting these last few items shortly.
I started on the rear tub last weekend ,just a few small patches to weld up on tub where guards bolt on and the same on the guards themselves,but all in all its pretty good P.O had it sandblasted but was very solid,more just shitty paint that needed removing i think he said,he called in on sunday and was real happy to see it moving forward as he said it hadnt been touched in about 15 years under his ownership after the initial flurry of activity when he first bought it.
John
Old 29-05-17, 13:59

Rich,i somehow transposed Oztankboys 4 months to rego to you ,my apologies.
John
Old 29-05-17, 14:11

Wish it were true!
From memory it was about 9 months to get it on the road, and another 8 years (and still going) of fettling.
Rich.

Last edited by Richard Coutts-Smith; 29-05-17 at 21:56.
Old 30-05-17, 11:25

Yeah,their not a "rush it" type vehicle,i think its a slow and steady type setup with these.
rear tub should be finished by end of june its not that big a job but will prob spread it over the month,then will have another rest and get in to some of the mechanical side of it over the winter months when its dark and gloomy and wet and no good for painting etc.
john
Old 12-06-17, 11:51

Rear tub panelled, painted and back on,mudguards just need to be fiddled with a bit more before painting,looks more like a truck again now.
Have painted and refitted front bumper and sidelights,and just needs some new rubbers on doors,hatches etc,i decided to get stuck in and finish these jobs as we are experiencing unseasonal warm weather with clear blue skies and about 24 ish degree celcius days ,too good to miss out on by not painting stuff that i thought might have to wait till next spring.
The 73 Inter Acco 6x6 f1 GS i bought as well is being prepped for a possible road trip home or maybe at the very least just made more movable to load on to a truck with, as carbies were flooding(anyone know where to get these oddball banjo fitting type needle and seats from?),no clutch or brake hydraulics working the normal stuff that packs it in when sitting around for long periods,we would like to drive it the 200 odd kms home if possible as a bit of an adventure but we will see how it goes.
Pics up when i get them loaded.
john