Notices

Old 16-02-06, 05:01
T' Guns thank God t' guns

Default Rob Clarke and Halapenjo Pizzas

Derek:

If Rob visits your fair state allow him one of the two following activities:

1. Drinking Texas margarettas; OR

2. Eating Halapenjo pizza.

Do not under any circumstances allow him to consume both in any quantity on the same night.

The last time he and I were in Fort Bliss together he managed to do both in one night...

The screams of agony coming from the shared bathroom the next morning levitated me from my bed in sheer terror and inspired Johnnie Cash to sing about "Rings of Fire"!

Sorry, Rob... had-ta let him know! Didn't want to read about your flaming demise on this forum. We care about you, man! :love:

Mike
www.calnan.com/swords
Old 16-02-06, 06:00
RIP

Default RH.I can't whine

You got me .I can't whine.Besides,when I whine and sometimes cry, it's generally when I go for a cold one outta the case and there's only one left,and it's after midnight and my convenience store is closed.No I'm going to sit back and watch as they self destruct over the coming months.Honestly I can also understand the diatribe in your thread and how mad you sound.I'd whine too,that is ,if I felt this stuff very important as I see you do.As Sapper says as a response and I agree, "hear hear".You know what my friend,I'd be mad too if I was duped into voting Reform/Alliance or whatever,especially under the guise of Progressive Conservative colors,of which I'm sure you are a true PC. .Its maddening what these liberal crooks did to this country and all those points you listed.But , may I get back to my original point,we STILL ain't getting those damn icebreakers.Don't get mad at and say I didn't tell you.Besides<I'll just ignore you as I am doing now as I look over to the beer case.OH,what the hell!
Old 16-02-06, 15:08
Derek Heuring

Default Re: Rob Clarke and Halapenjo Pizzas

Quote:
Originally posted by Gunner
Derek:

Do not under any circumstances allow him to consume both in any quantity on the same night.

The last time he and I were in Fort Bliss together he managed to do both in one night...

The screams of agony coming from the shared bathroom the next morning levitated me from my bed in sheer terror and inspired Johnnie Cash to sing about "Rings of Fire"!

Sorry, Rob... had-ta let him know! Didn't want to read about your flaming demise on this forum. We care about you, man! :love:

Mike

Dang Mike! If Rob can't handle Jalapenos I'd better not introduce him to Habaneros! Jalapenos run about 10,000 Scovilles...Habaneros can exceed 300,000 Scovilles!!! And the record for a Habanero is 577,000 Scovilles!!! Ay Caramba!!

(A Scoville is how many times you have to dilute the capsicin in a pepper before the heat is undetectable to the human palate.)

Rob, I don't want you to get a Flaming A while you're here so stick to peperconcinis...they max out at 500 Scovilles, unless, of course, you want to experience a gastro-intestinal inferno! Remember, health care can be quite expensive in the U.S. and you don't want to be the first to undergo a sphincter transplant.

When I first moved to Texas my poor Canadian palate couldn't initially handle the hot chilis that are de rigeur in Tex-Mex cuisine, but after a while I not only learned to tolerate spicy food but actually enjoy it. However, I soon learned to identify the chili pepper in the dish before eating it! Case in point; after becoming habituated to Jalapena peppers I figured I had Tex-Mex food licked. My mistake! I once popped a WHOLE Habanero in my mouth and enthusiastically chewed it for a couple of seconds, then the reaction hit! We have all seen video of people getting sprayed in the face with pepper spray, right? Well, now I know the pain they experienced. I thought my mouth was literally on fire! My tongue, my lips, my gums were burning intensely, my nose was profusely running, my eyes watering, face dripping sweat..I was honestly in agony! I couldn't finish my meal and the pain took an hour to subside. No more Habaneros for this gringo!

Now to Margaritas! You've come to right spot! I love Margaritas almost as much as a good Single Malt. In Texas the lowly Margarita has reached it's zenith and is taken as seriously a cocktail as a Martini is in Manhattan. The secret? Use only 100% Blue Agave when making a 'Rita. In fact, some say Blue Agave should be drunk neat and savoured as a fine Cognac should. Try some when you're here!

Rob, follow my advice and you;ll have a great time and be able to return to Canada with your ring muscle intact! Looking forward to meeting you!

:dh: < not a good treatment for a Flaming A!
Old 16-02-06, 21:11
Mr. HUP

Default Re: RH.I can't whine

Quote:
Originally posted by Garry Shipton
Honestly I can also understand the diatribe in your thread and how mad you sound.I'd whine too,that is ,if I felt this stuff very important as I see you do.As Sapper says as a response and I agree, "hear hear".You know what my friend,I'd be mad too if I was duped into voting Reform/Alliance or whatever,especially under the guise of Progressive Conservative colors,of which I'm sure you are a true PC. .Its maddening what these liberal crooks did to this country and all those points you listed.But , may I get back to my original point,we STILL ain't getting those damn icebreakers.Don't get mad at and say I didn't tell you.Besides<I'll just ignore you as I am doing now as I look over to the beer case.OH,what the hell!
Garry,

Let me first apologize to you for giving you the impressions that I was mad at you, and that I am a Conservative. I'm not. I vote for the party that promises to to things for Canada - not just me. If the Liberals take a cup of "wake the f**K up, and get down to governing for all Canadians, I'll be firmly in their court. If the NDP stopped taking its stupid pills, it might draw me in as well. Right now, "Lucifer" Harper and his gang have my confidence. And so it goes (any Vonnegut fans out there?).

Obviously there are deeper issues here than just a "diatribe" (which of course was lifted from the last Liberal campaign (with some embellishment)). You and your family must have suffered a great deal under the non-liberals for you to maintain your support for the unsupportable.

I know you will read this, and I don't expect a reply since you are ignoring me, but I leave you with two thoughts:

What is the difference between a CF-18 and a Liberal? The CF-18 stops whining when it gets shot down.

I am offerring all Liberals free liquid eye-o-rectomies (a procedure that dissolves the connection between the optic nerves and a Liberal's butt - thus removing their sh*tty outlook on life...). This stuff works well and comes in Keith's bottles.

Now, on to more important issues...Texas style drinks!
Old 16-02-06, 21:19
Mr. HUP

Default Mikey, Mikey, Mikey...

Quote:
Originally posted by Gunner
Derek:

Mike
Telling tales out of school, eh? I like you too much to start "quid-pro-quo-ing", and there is an off chance that your parents might read some of these stories...so you are off the hook - for now.

I will admit to an over-indulgence in the cultural cuisine, but I only had four Margaritas (so what if they were served in goldfish bowl sized glasses). It is amazing how those drinks instantly make y'all good at the two step at night and the quickstep in the morning...Ahh! Memories of Ft Blitz...
Old 16-02-06, 21:36
Derek Heuring

Default Re: Re: RH.I can't whine

Quote:
Originally posted by RHClarke

Now, on to more important issues...Texas style drinks!

Hear! Hear!
Old 16-02-06, 22:17
RIP

Default On to more important Issues !!

RH? I see by your last thread that I am being referred subtly as an A--hole.I did not think MLU allowed this type of innuendo!!You're the person who launched all the DIATRIBES in the thread,and now YOU want to move onto more important issues like margueritas!! I thought from your diatribes that the new Reform party winners were your priority??Give me a break.I'm glad you only live one and a half hours away.Look forward to meeting you in person when I'm up in Ottawa on busness.
Old 16-02-06, 22:35
Mr. HUP

Default A Tad Too Sensitive?

Quote:
Originally posted by Garry Shipton
RH? I see by your last thread that I am being referred subtly as an A--hole.I did not think MLU allowed this type of innuendo!!You're the person who launched all the DIATRIBES in the thread,and now YOU want to move onto more important issues like margueritas!! I thought from your diatribes that the new Reform party winners were your priority??Give me a break.I'm glad you only live one and a half hours away.Look forward to meeting you in person when I'm up in Ottawa on busness.
Garry,

If I wanted to call you an A-hole - I would do it face to face and it would not be subtle. I fail to see where I insulted you in any of my posts (outside of calling you a Liberal liker).

You may wish to look at the top of this thread to see who in fact initiated this thread.

One should not read too much into an email e.g. "Looking forward to meeting me in person" can be interpreted at least two ways:

1. You can't wait to meet with me to share some beer and chat about trucks and politics; or
2. You want to test your pugilistic skills out on me.

I prefer to go with number 1, but if number 2 is your desire, then PM me.

Have a beer (or Margarita) and please lighten up.
Old 16-02-06, 22:49
RIP

Default RH

I revert to your number 2 in my reference but I take uxbridge to your laxative comments.After a few beers/margueritas I'd have you a member of the LIBERAL party.All my family are in San Diego where over the years I've learned to mix a mean Marguerita.They are great with friut in them.You can eat yourself drunk.
Regards
Old 16-02-06, 23:34
Mr. HUP

Default Funny!

Garry

No.2 indeed. Join the Liberals ... only if I can't beat them. Bottoms up!