Oh as to JJ the race card thing is going to come around
and bite him in the butt but he uses this because there
is alot of money in for him.
I know whatever Canada sends will be gratefully recieved
Patrick
Old 06-09-05, 16:09
RIP

Default Jesse Jackson

Yesterday on CNN he lambasted one of the female journalists for referring to the victims as refugees.What other terms can they use for the victims of this trajedy?Displaced persons?
Old 06-09-05, 16:29

Hi

Also x3 Cdn Navy warships and a Coast Guard ship are on their way with helos and lots of relief supplies. It'll be interesting to see if that right-wing babble network called CNN gives our efforts any mention. They haven't so far ref the Red Cross workers from Canada going down. :

I'm, none the less, very glad to see we're putting our trade troubles aside to help those who need it.

regards
Darrell
Old 06-09-05, 17:14
Dog Robber

Garry:

I can understand the sensitivity of those folks as to how their status should be described. I am NOT trying to be funny here, but the accepted (and PC) term is "evacuees".

Sadly, given that many, many thousands seemingly will have nothing to go back to, your terminology of Displaced Persons may well be the final result for those folks. They will just have to take up a new life in a different area of the state or country.
Bill
Old 06-09-05, 18:13
Dog Robber

Darrell:
Don't know about CNN, but AP is giving good coverage to the Canadian efforts. It was also mentioned how was it possible for Canada to get there in four days and it took our guys longer but given the developments that may not be a totally fair observation.
Four days that is, from when the stuff had already well and truly hit the fan.
Bill
Old 06-09-05, 23:32
Dave Demorrow

people need to understand that state and local governments in the area did not stock the items needed for the flood. that and the fact that the same governments are scaired stuppid about the US fed government. the mayor of NO did not call for a evacuation till GWB tracked him down at his home and ask him to. the mayor also could have used the local bus system to move his own people out. there was no local food or water ant the dome or CC. the mayor and gov. of LA have been crying to the feds to fix there levi system. 40% of NOs curroupt police dept ran like the french army. must be the french heritige of the area.

ok on the fed side. the fed does NOT own the N.G. it is the states responsibility to muster and deploy them. the fed government cant move one without weeks of paperwork. LA could have massed and deployed the following, state guard, state police, state troopers, state fish and wildlife, state park rangers, state air guard, state disaster teams, state FD, local police, local sherif dept.s, and local disaster teams. but they didnt. FEMA cant even go into a area unless it is INVITED in by the local government by signed memmo.

the fact is there are so many laws in the US that keep the feds from running the local governments that it ended up costing us.
and who wrote and passes the bills into law? the congressmen who are now yelling that life is not fair.

mistakes were made on all sides. but we are learning
42 6LB GUN
and the list keeps growing, and growing.... i need help LOL
Old 06-09-05, 23:35
Dave Demorrow

and by the way you guys in canada, england, oz, and holland. THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP AND KIND WORDS.

and france, pull your head out of your butt, really 50 cots ,10 generators, and 11 disaster experts to show us how to do it right? thats not aid its a slap in the face.
42 6LB GUN
Old 06-09-05, 23:47

I believe Australia send a disaster team over as soon as the American Govt. accepted overseas aid.

I believe that New Orleans should be totally rebuilt on a safer site and not just repaired where it sits. Regardless of the history involved or what upgrades they do to buildings now in another 100 years nature will just through something bigger at them and flatten it again.

Man has tryed countless times throughout history to tame mother nature and he will never succeed so why leave the city sitting on land that is below sealevel?

On another note our government is in the firing line because there were no govt. people in NO to help the stranded Aussie tourists to get out but they were helped by Australian news teams who managed to get into the city. To my mind these Aussie tourists were very stupid not to have left when told.

I say a prayer for all the folk in NO every time I see reports of it on the news.

cheers
Cliff
Old 06-09-05, 23:57
Dave Demorrow

CLIFF
you had one aussie on the news that flew in 6 hrs prior to the storm to be in on the "big huricane party".

he was stuck at the dome and my wife was yelling at him on the TV "BLOODY STUPID WANKER". SILLY PEOPLE ALL OVER THE WORLD
42 6LB GUN
Old 07-09-05, 00:39

Quote:
Originally posted by alleramilitaria
CLIFF
you had one aussie on the news that flew in 6 hrs prior to the storm to be in on the "big huricane party".

he was stuck at the dome and my wife was yelling at him on the TV "BLOODY STUPID WANKER". SILLY PEOPLE ALL OVER THE WORLD
LOL her laungage was milder then mine. What is worse an Aussie flew in to make a documentary on the aftermarth on day 3 after the event and is now missing.

so yes Stupid people do live all over the world.

cheers
Cliff

PS> Keefy it was not you was it?
Old 07-09-05, 00:52
Film maker, CMP addict

Quote:
Originally posted by cliff
LOL her laungage was milder then mine. What is worse an Aussie flew in to make a documentary on the aftermarth on day 3 after the event and is now missing.

so yes Stupid people do live all over the world.

cheers
Cliff

PS> Keefy it was not you was it?
Not THIS documentary maker... what an idiot.

42 FGT No8 (Aust) remains
42 FGT No9 (Aust)
42 F15
Keith Webb
Macleod, Victoria Australia
Also Canadian Military Pattern Vehicles group on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/canadianmilitarypattern
Old 07-09-05, 01:36
Dave Demorrow

keith, come on up and i will bolt some 55gal drums on the side of my carrier. we could have some fun.

NOT
42 6LB GUN
Old 07-09-05, 04:31

CNN is reporting tonight that five deaths have been confirmed by “Cholera like bacteria”.
Old 07-09-05, 05:04

Default oh no

Thats really bad news for the area.If its cholera the death
toll is going to grow.Bad news for sure
Patrick
Old 08-09-05, 17:36
Vets Dottir

Well ... there are so many nasty things growing in the water and in the air down there that I'm sure a lot of people, including all the workers down there, will suffer some effects, one way or another, it seems. I hope like hell that major outbreaks of awful infectious diseases don't happen ... that would be just so unbelievable and hard to contain

Geez ... what if they end up having to quarantine the area? Is that a possibility or am I nuts to even think of this???

Karmen
Old 08-09-05, 18:46
Dave Demorrow

it seems that everything is moving faster than most people have planned. the electricity is back on in most parts of NO that can take it (french qtr, convention center, etc..). in MS the guard is cleanning the roads and FIMA is bringing in temp housing just as fast as they can clear plots. in NO the the water is going down about 1 foot a day with more and more pumps comming on line every hour. i cant see a major outbreak in infectious diseases with all the resourses we have in the area. yes there will be some bad spots but nothing the US cant take care of. the plan for down town needs to be made soon. when the water is pumped out the remaining houses in whole blocks have to be torn down. the contractors need to be ready to rebuild ASAP. in 6 months is NOT the time to figure out what to do with the land. i think in about 18 months for the most part the gulf coast will be bigger and better than it was last month. by then so much private money will flow into the area that it will be hard to find anyone without a job or new house.
42 6LB GUN
Old 22-09-05, 07:12

Default Now its rita

Well folks now its rita 575 miles wsw of the Texas coast
with 175mph substained winds.This storm is the 3rd worst
storm on record,and is in warm water this is going
to get really nasty and I have two friends in harms way
Patrick
Old 22-09-05, 07:31
Vets Dottir

Hi Pat,

Well I certainly hope that your friends will be okay ... and wish the same on all the folks in harms way of Rita ... you folks down there have been taking beatings in major disasters ... I hope some miracle will shift something about Rita so that it doesn't fulfill expectations

I was basically praying and crossing my fingers and holding my breath tonight, watching that jet plane do an incredibly perfect and graceful looking (to my eyes) landing and was stunned and happy those landing wheels didn't break off ... talk about angels looking out for those folks ... and one helluva a pilot too!!! THAT was a happy ending ...