MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > The Sergeants' Mess

Notices

Old 04-01-06, 06:40
Vets Dottir

Thumbs up MLU-er New 2006 Roll Call

Hello All You MLU-ers ...

Sunray sleeps and I'm up again because I can't sleep (pain again ... same old story this time the chronic tendonitissy stuff , but at least it's not calcific this time as I've been there before and it's excruciating and unrelenting even with narcotics LEGAL ONES! I found ... plain old tendonitis flares (all joints this time) is pain and disabling enough )

And, so, being in pain, I decided to be A pain ( serves you all right ) ... and inflict a Roll Call on you-all.

2006 ... we're into a new year, although all thats different is the last digit of four on the calendar, but I figure it's a nice opportunity for us to drop into this "touching base with each other" thread just to say hi and how ya doing and chit-chat. I know a lot of us actually have lives, and busy ones at that, but I. for one, ALWAYS WONDER ... Gee, how the heck is So-&-So doing? haven't heard much from them lately ... well ... I know others wonder the same thing when other regular contributors haven't been in much.

So ... why not a Roll Call thread just for the sake of touching base and letting everyone else know we're still here and kicking?

It's after midnight here ... I here thumps and bumps on the roof, so I know the racoons are coming to check out their favorite Ma Yappy and Sunray's racoon after hours cafe to see what's on the menu tonight. (I love those creatures!!!)

The cats, Tasha (short for Natasha) and Spike, I have spoiled rotten ... they love me now Or at least they love what they get from me. Tuna and attention. Something amazing and really neat to earn/win the trust of creatures, domestic or wild, as the raccoons. I enjoy them all!

This year, at least the first part of it, I shall be chasing Sunray around the apartment with my to make him eat more often. I'm looking forward to that, as soon as the old tendonitissy stuff settles down again.

My daughters, their partners, and my grandkids are all well.
As are Sunray's kids/family. Maybe even I'll be doing better this year as am back under a docs' and rheumatologists care again. I have to accept that I just can't function without their help and input, no matter how much I rebel at the idea.

Who knows what 2006 will bring? I don't. Life is a surprize ... and most times, I look forward to finding out "What's next?" ... currently I hope that whats next is serious PAIN relief and being able to function better again (mobility/independence) . Ouch.

I'm practicing with me wee bittie frying pan just to keep the spirit and strength up ... just in case ... I can't let the Sunray not eat enough ... icars won't see him sideways when he crosses the street and might run him down!!! can't have that now, can we?

I know ,,,, this is a verra strange post from a verra verra wee bittie Little Miss Ma Yappy ... but hey........

HOW ARE YOU ALL?

Affectionately yours,

Ma Yappy
Old 04-01-06, 18:38
Commonwealth NOT Europe

We're fine here Yappy, still hangin' around!

A wasted youth is better by far than a wise and productive old age!! (Meatloaf)
Old 05-01-06, 05:27
M38A1 CDN3

Regardless of previous posts, and orders to carry out a mission, certain Tim Tams are still in freezer.

Slouch hat is in proper position...on me bean, and Sunray ain't gettin' it!

CMP is recovered, stored and awaiting spring- like days in order to terrorize the neighbourhood cows, deer, and other fauna.

Snow is deep as cow shit. I've had enough. The modular tent is all warped out of shape.

Apart from that Mrs Lincoln, how was the play?
Old 05-01-06, 05:40
Vets Dottir

I've NO idea how the "play" went, but I do recall a visit to you when I couldn't even VIEW your pride and joy for the SNOW. Sad, it's THAT time of year again hey Jon? You must be chafing at the bit, terribly.

As for myself, it's great news to hear the Tim Tams are still "there" ... but alas and Oh-woe-is-bluddy-me, I, am still HERE. Sunray informed me today that he's off work until next Monday, perhaps we'll come collect Tim Tams and things that sit on heads???

Ya never know ....
Old 05-01-06, 05:42
M38A1 CDN3

Tim Tams a definite maybe....

Slouch hat....no way!
Old 05-01-06, 05:43
Vets Dottir

PS: what may be simply cowshit to you, is the smell of MONEY to a farmers ears/nose!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-01-06, 05:44
Vets Dottir

Quote:
Originally posted by Jon Skagfeld
Tim Tams a definite maybe....

Slouch hat....no way!
You buggar ... you're online at the moment are ya!?
Old 05-01-06, 05:45
M38A1 CDN3

Hey, BTW, I just noticed that I've only got 78 posts to go to hit the magic 1000.

Babble, babble, babble..........Are we there yet?

Old 05-01-06, 05:46
Vets Dottir

Quote:
Hey, BTW, I just noticed that I've only got 78 posts to go to hit the magic 1000.

Babble, babble, babble..........Are we there yet?

Keep talkin' ya old coot
Old 05-01-06, 05:46
M38A1 CDN3

...bugger has an "er" not an "ar".

...and I resemble that remark!
Old 05-01-06, 05:49
M38A1 CDN3

"Old coot"?

Are you getting me confused with that ol' hairy beast, Tonner?
Old 05-01-06, 05:53
M38A1 CDN3

Quote:
Originally posted by Vets Dottir
PS: what may be simply cowshit to you, is the smell of MONEY to a farmers ears/nose!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know it well...my son-in-law is a farmer down in Caledon, and of course, where I live, it's all agricultural...cow shit all over the place.

That why UK's major export is Wellies...to keep our Colonial feet clean!
Old 05-01-06, 05:55
Vets Dottir

Quote:
"Old coot"?

Are you getting me confused with that ol' hairy beast, Tonner?
Nope, Tonner is just a Hairy Old FART ,,, not a coot, like YOU
Old 05-01-06, 05:57
Vets Dottir

Quote:
I know it well...my son-in-law is a farmer down in Caledon, and of course, where I live, it's all agricultural...cow shit all over the place.

That why UK's major export is Wellies...to keep our Colonial feet clean!
Oh ... tip toe through the poop for a happy PAY-DAY? Yeah yeah ... I know ... and please do explain what a "WELLIES" is ... (I think they're boots???)
Old 05-01-06, 06:40
M38A1 CDN3

Quote:
Oh ... tip toe through the poop for a happy PAY-DAY? Yeah yeah ... I know ... and please do explain what a "WELLIES" is ... (I think they're boots???)
Good grief, young woman!

You don't know what Wellies are?

Glowworm will be in here shortly, and promptly, in order to elucidate!
Old 05-01-06, 07:59
Vets Dottir

Quote:
Originally posted by DaveCox
We're fine here Yappy, still hangin' around!
Hey dave, am glad to hear that you folks are fine ... and you're still "hangin' round" ... me too
Old 05-01-06, 08:51
Richard Notton

Quote:
Good grief, young woman!

You don't know what Wellies are?

Glowworm will be in here shortly, and promptly, in order to elucidate!
That I will, can't have the colonial girlies getting out of order.

Welly, wellies:

Wellington boot. Calf length, waterproof rubber footwear.

Also known as Wellygogs.

May also be commonly used to encourage more acceleration, power or force as follows in these examples:

"Turn left here and give it some welly."

"He was really wellying it down the High Street when the plod nicked him"

"You'll not get that bush in there by tapping it with a toffee hammer, welly it with the lump hammer."

R.
Old 05-01-06, 08:59
Pops

Default I'm ok

Em has a few brueses from her moter bike when she hit a hole in the paddock while chasing sheep, geez she can winge. Nice cool day today after all that heat. Kathy still loves blitzs just the same as allways.
Max
Old 05-01-06, 09:07
Vets Dottir

Default Re: I'm ok

Quote:
Originally posted by Max Hedges
Em has a few brueses from her moter bike when she hit a hole in the paddock while chasing sheep, geez she can winge. Nice cool day today after all that heat. Kathy still loves blitzs just the same as allways.
Max
Ouch ... poor poor Em ... perhaps if she listens to a little Emmy Lou harris it will distract her from her pain?

http://www.rhino.com/store/productde...o?Number=73123

EM ... maybe you aren't into this old fashioned kind of plain old country singing, but it has it's good sounds (which sometimes means ignoring the lyrics and just enjoying the SOUNDS of the lyrics )

Raining here ... lately, and STILL ... ouch

Emmy Lou distracts me ...
Old 05-01-06, 09:10
Vets Dottir

Quote:
Originally posted by FV623

Welly, wellies:

Also known as Wellygogs.

May also be commonly used to encourage more acceleration, power or force as follows in these examples:

"Turn left here and give it some welly."

"He was really wellying it down the High Street when the plod nicked him"

"You'll not get that bush in there by tapping it with a toffee hammer, welly it with the lump hammer."

R.
Ah, welly-welly bing bang ... why thank you Master R., for as ever, the education of Little Miss Venerable Dame Pixie Witch Ma

I love all of the little added extra's ... colour ... yes, the world always needs more colour And Jon will be happy I'm more edumacated too ...

Old 05-01-06, 09:30

Quote:

Welly, wellies:

Also known as Wellygogs.

R.
In other words bloody "gumboots" LOL

suffering from the heat here and running up the power bill with the Air con on all day....But back doing models after a 2 month break....Hurray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cheers
Cliff
Old 05-01-06, 09:50
former OC MLU, AKA 'Jif' - sadly no longer with us

Quote:
Welly, wellies:

Also known as Wellygogs.
Also known as 'sheep-shaggers' over here, as Max and his ilk may attest...
Old 05-01-06, 21:15
Richard Notton

Quote:
Originally posted by cliff
In other words bloody "gumboots" LOL
Good Heavens, no!

See the twelfth rule of French Military History:

The Napoleonic Wars - Lost.
Temporary victories due to leadership of a Corsican, who ended up being no match for a British footwear designer.

R.
Old 05-01-06, 23:03
Robert Farmer

Default I'm Here

I've had nearly 4 1/2 weeks at home. Been hay making with Max, lamb marking, truck driving, mowing hundreds of acres of Lucerne, some raking, fencing, and the last fortnight I've been busy building my Dodge. What a life. I forgot, meeting Zemsi also. Probably back to normal work Monday
Old 06-01-06, 00:14
Pops

Default Re: I'm Here

Quote:
Originally posted by Robert Farmer
I've had nearly 4 1/2 weeks at home. Been hay making with Max, lamb marking, truck driving, mowing hundreds of acres of Lucerne, some raking, fencing, and the last fortnight I've been busy building my Dodge. What a life. I forgot, meeting Zemsi also. Probably back to normal work Monday
gee your good I'll be lost without ya
Max
Old 06-01-06, 00:24
Derek Heuring

Default Re: MLU-er New 2006 Roll Call

Quote:
Hello All You MLU-ers ...

And, so, being in pain, I decided to be A pain ( serves you all right ) ... and inflict a Roll Call on you-all.

Ma Yappy

O.K. Ma, you won't have any trouble falling asleep after my 4 bits, here goes:
The weather here in N. Texas has been unrelentingly static; unseasonably warm and sunny. Just about every day is a new record for that day in history although the down side is that we are in the worst drought since 1956 and grass fires are raging throughout Texas, Oklahoma, and Arkansas. However, after living in rainy Vancouver all my life, I love it! Speaking of Vancouver, went to the game last night to watch my beloved Canucks lose 3-1 to the Stars. Every year its the same, the Canucks go into a slump right after Christmas that lasts for a good month or so. Been that way for decades, don't believe me? just check their win/loss for the month of January since 1970! And please, don't tell me you and Geoff root for the Toronto Make Believes! LOL!
My dear wife Heather is currently suffering from Auto-immune Hepatitis. She suffers from Ankylosing Spondylitis, which is also an auto-immune disease caused by a defective gene. This gene can also present itself by attacking various organs in the body. She is undergoing treatment for the Hepatitis and we hope for a positive outcome.
My shoulder is coming along well, going to physio-therapy 3 times a week and its getting better every day. Hope to be able to get to work again in a month or two, both at my job and on my truck. It's frustrating to finally have the time to work on it and to not be able to because of my shoulder.
Sorry to hear about your tendonitis, I had a lot of pain in both my shoulder and bicep for the last three months before my surgery, so I know know what you've been going through! My commiserations!

(Is that snoring I hear!)

Knew my message would work! I'll quietly tip toe out of this thread............................................ .
Old 06-01-06, 02:53

Max maybe you could adopt him, the family charge out per hour, would then be lower. You pair could then gang up on the ladies, and may be get some more work done, on the trucks of course.

Regards

Col Tigwell
Old 06-01-06, 20:38
Vets Dottir

Default Re: Re: MLU-er New 2006 Roll Call

Quote:
Originally posted by sapper740
(Is that snoring I hear!)

Knew my message would work! I'll quietly tip toe out of this thread............................................ . [/B]
1) Okay, your 4 cents worth of big long sad pathetic story must have worked, because I had the first sleep right through the night (well, only woke once/twice in the night this time!!! MIRACLES!) after reading it. THANK YOU!

2) I wish for rain to clear up that drought and douse those damned fires!!!

3) I spent 17 years of my life as a Vancouverite ... East. How Left-Coast can ya get, eh? You remind me of an old bike with a childseat that I had, I would plant my "from-toddler-to-age-6" in it, fill the basket etc with goodies/food/beverages, hop on and ride from Vancouver East (Commericial and First "Little Italy" but not so Italian anymore ) ... through Gastown after the waterfront I could find, all the way to Stanley Park, all around the Seawall, then zig-zag back through Chinatown and side streets back ... stopping along the way for picnics and Park breaks for the toddler ... never knock an old fashioned bike where the brakes are in the pedals. If you know Vancouver, then you KNOW how many miles I put on ... I loved that. Wish I could still do that ... I very much miss "physically active-ness" and busy-ness these days.

4) Your Dear Wife Heather ... OUCH ... AS ... that means spurs in the joints ... and extreme painfulness, right??? : Similar pain to calcific tendontitis when the calcium deposits are breaking down and re-absorbing into the body ??? Lord I feel for her if she has that kind of pain and hope she has meds to help relieve pain

AUTO-IMMUNE HEPATITIS? Wow, you said something interesting here, for me. I had no idea there was such a form of hepatitis. I looked it up http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddise...autoimmunehep/
It mentions Sjogrens as one of the causes ... I have problems with that. Seems my liver-functions have come back funky and "borderline-hepatitus, whatever the heck that means. Perhaps "autoimmune hep"? as I was fine last year and there has been no way I've been exposed to the usual routes to an infection of this. Meds may have effected me as well though. Hmmm ... seems ya get one auto-immune disorder/problem, and doors are opened to a host of others, including organ problems related to meds. I personally have about 4 known different autoimmune disorders happening ... so far : Currently being re-assessed by my doc and a rheumatologist .. takes time.

I've recently been talking with someone with MS and his wife has fibromyalgia etc ... and he once commented that he figures that we human beings are simply a physically burnt out race LOL I have no problem believing in that possibility. Health "issues" up the ying/yang for the human race, hey?

BUT ... does that stop any of us from trying to fix the problems or stopping life and progress? Nope. Survive and thrive we must, and will ... hopefully

Good luck with that shoulder! I know how the physically ailments cramp the style and frustrate all sorts of activities, and love-to-do's ... get better quick!!! And good luck and fast healing to Heather ...

4) Regards sports-type-stuff. What's that??? :

PS: Jiferoo is home today ... enjoying physical sport of washing the dishes right now. Next I'll have him wipe up the cat-up-chuck in the hall (his cats) then I'll have him vacuum, then I'll have him ... hmmmm ... what other chores need doing today?
Old 06-01-06, 22:20

Quote:
Originally posted by Geoff Winnington-Ball
Also known as 'sheep-shaggers' over here, as Max and his ilk may attest...
I fear I have to register my concern my dear Ninnwington Allb that you are belabouring under a false impression.

The aforementioned article is only so named if fitted with top buckles don't ya know.

I suspect you Colonial chappies may however cheat on the buckles and just buy the next size up to provide a bit of leg space.

OCMP Part Time Officer and Gentleman

By the way R did you know that spell checker converts Ninnwington to Winnington? Our illustrious Host must be very well connected me thinks

Last edited by Pete Ashby; 06-01-06 at 23:14.
Old 07-01-06, 06:45
Art Johnson

Default Role Call

Who Loves you baby' I'll get back to you with a pm when my fingers get uncurled.
No true sheep shagger would wear Wellies with buckles. Catherine can't understand the smirk I get on my face when she says she is going to buy a pair of Wellies.

DRAMBUIE the cure all for all of man's problems-----if you drink enough of it.

A happy 06 to all.

Aye Dileas

Art J.