MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MLU ADMIN > Support Maple Leaf Up!

Notices

Old 24-06-07, 21:15
former OC MLU, AKA 'Jif' - sadly no longer with us

Default New Ideas

I was talking with Chris Vickery at CC6 yesterday, mainly to get updated as to sales status of his outstanding stickers. First, about that...

While sales have been steady, they have also been slower than expected, which means Chris has been sitting on what remains of a substantial personal investment made on behalf of all of us. I really would like to see this rectified sooner rather than later!

We did sell some of these outstanding stickers at CC6 yesterday (thanks to everyone who bought them!), and just to refresh your memory, here are the particulars of what is available:

Description: 3 x 3 MAPLE LEAF UP digitally-printed, all-weather vinyl stickers, for outside surfaces;

Prices: one for $3.00 CAD, four for $10.00 CAD, ten for $20.00 CAD; Canadian residents please send SASE (self addressed stamped envelope) with payment, US and overseas residents please remit in USD to cover extra postage. Alternatively, if you're going to be attending a local show which we might attend, you can arrange to pick them up there.

Payment: By mail -- cash, cheque (drawn on a Canadian bank), money order (International M.O. if outside Canada) or PayPal. Foreign currencies accepted at existing exchange rate.

Snail Mail address
Chris Vickery
258 Brady Street
Rockwood ON
Canada N0B 2K0

PayPal address
cvickery _at_ cogeco.ca (change the _at_ for an @, no spaces)

Personally
Chris or Geoff Winnington-Ball by prior arrangement

Thanks so much for your support. Read the testimonials in the Sticker thread in this subforum and help keep Maple Leaf Up!

On a similar subject, regarding the 1922 reproduction Red Ensigns, I have them available once again.

Description: This is the WW2 Pattern, with the Irish female harp and green maple leaves incorporated in the coat of arms (instead of the politically correct musical harp and red leaves of its successor). Size 5' x 3'.

Prices: $20.00 CAD postpaid in Canada; $22.00 USD ppd to the U.S.A.; 18 Euros ppd to Europe; $28.00 AUD ppd to Australia. Note the latter two payments are slightly higher than those in the Kitshop; this is due to higher postage costs. The Kitshop amounts will be adjusted shortly.

Payment: By mail -- cash, cheque (drawn on a Canadian bank), money order (International M.O. if outside Canada) or PayPal. Foreign currencies welcomed as necessary or convenient.

Snail Mail address
Geoff Winnington-Ball
1558 Queen Street East
Toronto, ON
Canada M4L 1E8

PayPal address
gwball _at_ sympatico.ca (change the _at_ for an @, no spaces)

Personally
Geoff Winnington-Ball by prior arrangement

Thanks again! These have been incredibly popular, with close to 200 sold since I found the source. Fly the proper flag of the Dominion of Canada and support Maple Leaf Up!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now, to new business. Yesterday at CC6, Chris and I discussed possible new offerings, bouncing ideas back and forth. Some of these have been discussed before, and I will relist them here to refresh your memory:

T-Shirts/Golf Shirts
Coffee mugs (WW2-style enamel mugs?)
Beer mugs (would seem appropriate... )
Embroidered crests (sew-on yourself)
Lapel pins (for those of you who have lapels or at least know what they are )

We would appreciate any comments or ideas you might have on the above or any other possible products which you feel might be of interest to the MLU readership. Here's the kicker...

Given the slow response to the stickers and the amount of monies which have to be paid 'up-front' (read 'tied up') to obtain initial orders, we feel we would have to have a little more than a "great idea, go get 'em done!" from interested parties. But first, let's get a consensus on what you might be interested in, and then we'll get prospective prices and related info.

Now it's time to hear from you!

Thanks again.

Old 24-07-07, 21:41

Default Ideas

Geoff,

Just an idea, and perhaps a twist to what has been done....

Why is there not a donation banner somewhere on the forum or on the MLU site for donations? Simply click the banner and your away to paypal to donate? I would be happy to take the time to design a banner for the cause.
Old 24-07-07, 23:39
Dave Demorrow

you make it and i will post it on my site to help out.
dave d.
42 6LB GUN
and the list keeps growing, and growing.... i need help LOL
Old 25-07-07, 00:35
former OC MLU, AKA 'Jif' - sadly no longer with us

Lightbulb Good Idea Indeed

Yes, it IS a good idea. I'll see about putting the code together through PayPal and figure a way of embedding it into the forum without having to hack the php code [ ].

Keep ya posted, and thanks.

Old 11-03-12, 00:02
Allan Cameron

Default Stickers

I think one of these "Maple Leaf Up" stickers would look great on my Veterans Voices of Canada vehicle!
I can email the payment,as it would be better for me.Can I do that through Geoff?
All I need is an email address,as long as he does online banking.
Cheers!
Old 11-03-12, 16:28
MLU Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammy View Post
I think one of these "Maple Leaf Up" stickers would look great on my Veterans Voices of Canada vehicle!
I can email the payment,as it would be better for me.Can I do that through Geoff?
All I need is an email address,as long as he does online banking.
Cheers!
Alan,

I am sorry to say Geoff passed away....

Chris Vickery was the least one I heard was making and selling MLU stickers. Please check availability with him.

Regards,
Hanno
Old 11-03-12, 20:10
Allan Cameron

Sorry guys,I hope I didn't offend anyone here.
:P