MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > BUY, TRADE or SELL > For Sale Or Wanted

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 17-08-10, 03:20
Banned

Default For Sale deact Bren gun

Hi

For sale my extra Bren gun. CDN Inglis, great shape, good deact not butcherd. Comes with sling.

$1500.oo

Cheers
Adam E
Attached Images

Old 18-08-10, 12:40

Hi from greg what is your law about sending this weapon to Austrralia to our musum you can contact me by e-mail ranrov1@optusnet.con.au
Old 18-08-10, 13:54
Banned

Default G'Day Greg

Maybe some MLU'er can put in there 2 cents. I am not sure of Australian laws. You'd have to check, Some countries are very strict, about these Deacts and every country seems to be different. Bringing them into Canada or the USA, is near impossible.

Cheers
Adam
Old 18-08-10, 18:59
David Gordon

ACS won't allow the barrels into the country even if you get police approval on the B709A/B forms.

Currently the other parts of the weapon can be imported permit free provided you break it up between boxes. Make sure that one box clears and is delivered prior to sending another if the two (or more) boxes of parts could produce a complete assembly. Be sure and pull all trigger parts from the lower butt slide and ship them separate from the lower since that completed assembly is restricted. Sounds weird but this is documented advice from an official with ACS. Basically parts to produce a restricted item don't in themselves constitute a restricted item. Restricted meaning you couldn't import it. You still must be legal to possess the items in parts or as a whole in your state and the laws vary from one to the other. Victoria is the most gun friendly though.

Magazines are the same way. Bodies need to go in one box and springs and followers in another.

No current way around the barrels though. I'm storing 15 MG34 barrels and 9 Bren barrels for a friend right now since they can't be imported currently and he is firearms licensed.

Overall there appear to be big changes in the works so if you are in OZ, you better get things while you can if they are originating in another country. The door is closing and historic collectible items will possibly be prohibited from entry soon.
'42 BSA M20 Motorcycle
'43 BSA Folding Military Bicycle
'43 BSA M20 Motorcycle
'44 Orme-Evans Airborne Trailer No. 1 Mk. II
'44 Airborne 100-Gallon Water Bowser Trailer
'44 Ford T-16 Universal Carrier
'44 Jowett Cars 4.2-Inch Towed Mortar
'44 Daimler Scout Car Mark II
'45 Studebaker M29C Weasel
Old 18-08-10, 22:56
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg egretz View Post
Hi from greg what is your law about sending this weapon to Austrralia to our musum you can contact me by e-mail ranrov1@optusnet.con.au
To send this to Australia the Canadian exporter would require a copy of the Australian Import permit and then apply for a Canadian Export permit. Not that tough and there is no charge for the export permit.
Greg, if yoou do this send me a PM and I'll give you the phone number of the guy who handles these permits (it used to be me about 5 years ago).
Old 19-08-10, 04:50
Banned

Default Thanks Clive.

Hey Greg

Clive is definately the man with the knowledge in Canada.

Cheers
Adam
Old 25-08-10, 03:20
Banned

Default Still got it

Its $1200.00.

Just PM or email me.

Adam
Old 27-08-10, 01:17

Smile

where are you in canada? becuse im looking to buy a deactivated bren gun
Old 27-08-10, 04:04

Default Careful........

????????????????????????????????????????????

Boob
Canada
Old 27-08-10, 04:14
Bluebell

Default Cpl. George

Have you a name?

Carrier Armoured O.P. No1 Mk3 W. T84991
Carrier Bren No2.Mk.I. NewZealand Railways. NZR.6.
Dodge WC55. 37mm Gun Motor Carriage M6
Jeep Mb #135668
So many questions....
Old 27-08-10, 04:51
GM Fox I

Default names, shmames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn Eades View Post
Have you a name?
HIS name is Boob (for good reason I'm assured). The other guy wants to buy a $1200 legal, non shooting relic, and I guess knowing his name is fair, though that may rightly be between Adammme and his good judgment.
Old 27-08-10, 10:58
Banned

Default I am in Oakville

Its indeed part of Canada, just outside Toronto (Bruce's favourite city)

And yes, the Bren is a legal Canadian deacttivated non-gun.

email adameveringham@hotmail.com

Cheers
Adam
Old 28-09-10, 16:25

Default Bren purchased from Adam

This Bren advertised was not what I received from you, dewat is good but it is not the advertised item, NOT an Inglis Bren, it is Enfield and marked as Enfield, butt plate is even different and not what is shown in the photos.

Rest assured I will not be dealing with you again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adame View Post
Hi

For sale my extra Bren gun. CDN Inglis, great shape, good deact not butcherd. Comes with sling.

$1500.oo

Cheers
Adam E
Old 28-09-10, 18:05
Banned

Default Its the same Bren

Grow up. you didn't even pay the full amount. And you certainly not going to find any Bren's for $1200, as nice as that one.

As for the picture. Its the only Bren a had.

Adam
Old 28-09-10, 18:20
former OC MLU, AKA 'Jif' - sadly no longer with us

No Adam, YOU grow up. You didn't ship him the gun you were advertising... he wanted your Inglis but you sent him a British Enfield instead. Regardless of its condition, you misrepresented yourself and that makes both you and MLU look bad.

Geoff

Quote:
Grow up. you didn't even pay the full amount. And you certainly not going to find any Bren's for $1200, as nice as that one.

As for the picture. Its the only Bren a had.

Adam
Old 28-09-10, 18:36
Banned

Default Yes I mistakenly put Inglis

I actually thought all brens were Inglis. But a Bren of any kind, is few and far between now a days. And it was a hell of a good price.

Adam
Old 28-09-10, 20:53
former OC MLU, AKA 'Jif' - sadly no longer with us

Quote:
I actually thought all brens were Inglis. But a Bren of any kind, is few and far between now a days. And it was a hell of a good price.

Adam
Good price or not, good Bren or not, it was not what you advertised, Adam.

BTW, Inglis Brens are the ones with "INGLIS" stamped in big letters on the side of the receiver (I know this, because I trained on them in the late sixties). You can't miss that.

Geoff
Old 28-09-10, 21:32
Banned

Default I used them too Geoff. Many years ago.

But I never took a close look at the one here. I had always thought it was they were all Inglis

I am not interested into getting into a pissing match with you.

Adam
Old 29-09-10, 02:27

Default Careful Adam

Geoff is right and you're getting pushy.
Why not just apologize?

Peter S
Old 29-09-10, 09:15
Richard Harrison

plus you went into detail about the gun which suggests you had looked at it....and as the lad says its stamped all over with ENFIELD why not mention this during sale ? after all i may be wrong but Enfield is strictly British is it not ?..... perhaps the chap would like to post pics of what he received see how far off the advertised item it is ?

bad form buddy, you should appologise....think of it this way if you bought a 63 Mustang advertised as a sportscar paid big money for it and when it was delivered you got an AMC Gremlin.....would you not be pissed ?

An awefull lot of sales here go through on trust alone, mainly because we are dare i sound snobbish....but a select few and we are here to help one another..

i would perhaps consider a refund or discount......at very least an appology bud.....take it on the chin mate I know you Canadian guys are tough as old boots so i know you can take it bud.....

Rich

__5th Div___46th Div__
1942 Ford Universal Carrier No.3 MkI*
Lower Hull No. 10131
War Department CT54508 (SOLD)
1944 Ford Universal Carrier MkII* (under restoration).
1944 Morris C8 radio body (under restoration).

Last edited by RichardT10829; 29-09-10 at 13:22.
Old 29-09-10, 16:57

Default I have to chip in here...

... Guy brought the bren over on saturday and I told him it wasn't an inglis made version and showed him what it should have looked like. It clearly wasn't Inglis but offered that it was still good value. I have to state also now that I've looked at the pictures at the top of the thread that the Bren I saw on saturday is not the Bren in the Pictures. The butt plate is clearly a different style. Both were Mk2 butts but the one recieved had no shoulder bump on the top side as clearly shows in the pictures.
Not cool, not cool at all!
Old 29-09-10, 20:24

Default deact bren

have to agree thwerecis to much of this sort of thing going on....some time ago i traded a kaput soviet tank for a radio bodies Kraz255B what actualy turned was nothing like what Id been offered! being a reasonable sort of bloke I gave the vendor the chance to rectify matters before I did...we did reach an amicble conclusion!..have to say in my own humble opinion an Enfield made weapon would be considered more valuable than an Inglis version or indeed a Lithgow...but thats my opinion...in short if you agree to buy an Inglis thats what you should receive...you have no option but to send the man the correct weapon....all MLU eyes are on you!!!! cheers malcolm
Old 02-10-10, 18:00

Default Bren Gun

On the west coast we call people like you liar's and in the interior people of this sort were hung. What's this poor excuse for "I never really looked at it," that's like selling a Chevy as a Cadillac. How about posting a real picture of the gun too. Guy is a well respected on the west coast for going out of his way to organize veteran's events, and he deserves an apoligy.

In my line of work, my word means everything.

Regards,
Jad
Old 02-10-10, 18:18
3RD ECHELON WKSP

Guys, I buy and sell a lot of stuff, here, there and everywhere in between...

Rule Number 1: always use a picture or pictures of the actual item offered for sale; barring that, if no pictures are available at least be forthcoming and say so.

Rule Number 2: make sure to accurately describe to the best of ones ability what you are offering; barring that explain that you are not an expert or perhaps refer to an expert for a more detailed description

Rule Number 3: exchange as many pictures, additional information etc be it by emails, snail mail, telephone calls, carrier pidgeon etc

Rule Number 4: offer a money back guarantee if the customer is not satisfied or offer to rectify hte deal and make good on it.

I must agree with all the other posts, that you Sir have done wrong, make the rest of us decent guys look bad and generally give people another reason to be skeptical and make honest guys lives harder.

I would be pissed off too, rightfully so.

1968 M274A5 Mule Baifield USMC
1966 M274A2 Mule BMY USMC
1958 M274 Mule Willys US Army
1970 M38A1 CDN3 70-08715 1 CSR
1981 MANAC 3/4T CDN trailer
1943 Converto Airborne Trailer
1983 M1009 CUCV

RT-524, PRC-77s,
and trucks and stuff and more stuff and and.......

OMVA, MVPA, G503, Steel Soldiers
Old 02-10-10, 18:43
RIP

Adame,
You should be rushing to offer to return the money and cancel the deal. If Guy chooses to keep it then it is over and if he chooses to return it then you have shown yourself worthy of future dealings. Arguing that he paid a good price for it is immaterial as it was the agreed-to price for an Inglis and not an agreed-to price for an Enfield.
I would be pissed off if this were a transaction of $12.00 let alone $1200.00.

Clive
Old 03-10-10, 01:57
Richard Harrison

i used to be on a forum where the buy and sell rules got so strict in the end to prevent things like this.... we had to photograph the item however the item had to be photographed with a sheet of card showing the date and the sellers details on. that way folk could not simply pluck a random picture of something and try and sell it. The system did work. we also had a purchase feedback system on a topped thread which consisted of a post naming the seller, the item purchased and any feedback be it positive or otherwise.

__5th Div___46th Div__
1942 Ford Universal Carrier No.3 MkI*
Lower Hull No. 10131
War Department CT54508 (SOLD)
1944 Ford Universal Carrier MkII* (under restoration).
1944 Morris C8 radio body (under restoration).
Old 07-10-10, 14:16
John Dallimore

In order to save face, perhaps offering the buyer a $200 refund and let him keep the dewat, or offer to give him his money back when he returns the item. Just a suggestion to calm the waters. We're all in this hobby together and it's better we all get along.

John
Old 08-10-10, 07:30

Default Bren Gun Saga Continues

Thank you to everyone who have posted comments, they have generally said one thing, deal fairly and make things right, unfortunately the seller seems unprepared to fix anything, my opinion is until the seller is prepared to correct things he should be banned from selling on MLU or perhaps even from being an MLU member, the military vehicle community is relatively small and we rely upon good faith and reputation and until the seller can prove the community can trust him again he just should not be given the chance to take advantage of someone else and break that trust. Pictures of the Bren that was actually received should hopefully be posted soon.
Old 08-10-10, 07:47

Question Adam...Reply??

Enough already!: Adam, I really think you owe the forum a reply to the situation at hand. Please respond. Thank you....Robert
Old 10-10-10, 00:26

Default Bren Gun Final Chapter

Photos of the now well known "Inglis" Bren, this is what was received, I have removed the sling, have a look and decide if this is what was advertised for sale in the original post, buyers beware.
Attached Thumbnails
Bren1.jpg   Bren2.jpg   Bren3.jpg  
Closed Thread