MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > The Armour Forum

Notices

Old 15-03-23, 13:59
Paul Napier

Default C15TA during Malayan Emergency

I wasn't certain where to put this photo as it not civilian use but equally not military use. So the photo recently appeared on Facebook Malayan Emergency site requesting vehicle identification. Its amazing how poor some peoples identification can be mind you this vehicle is a little bit camouflaged.

Obviously a C15 APC modified as a riot control vehicle with the addition of a 'second floor'. This is the first time I have seen this conversion on this chassis. Assuming this is after market coloured photo I agree this vehicle would have been painted dark blue similar to other Malayan Police tactical vehicles. I imagine she swayed around a bit with all that top weight. You would not want to be rushing around sharp corners on city streets.

In Singapore as a kid we regularly saw Police buses of the riot squad with similar conversions and steel mesh over the windows. The front of the bastion carried various messages in numerous local languages that could be changed ... 'Disperse or we will run you over' sort of thing. Some appeared to have a water cannon. These were painted red.

Last edited by dcrfan; 15-03-23 at 14:06.
Old 16-04-23, 09:07
MLU Administrator

Paul,

I moved your post to a separate thread. Interesting to see a C15TA converted into a policing vehicle. The stand on top certainly gave the policemen a "commanding view" of the streets they were patrolling.
Old 09-07-23, 09:21
Paul Napier

I just realised that I have another photo showing the riot control modified vehicles along with the Malayan Police who operated them.