MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > The Restoration Forum

Notices

Old 16-01-18, 20:07

Default More Info Required! M38A1 delivery date etc.

Several weeks ago I posted on this forum to get information on my 67' M38A1....several people answered and I now know that the jeep for a while was posted to CFB Petawawa.
However, I just read a 2009 post by Craig S. where a person with a 71 CDN3 asked for the same info and received information such as delivery date, sale date, sale price, detailed dated maintenance info with monetary value of maintenance, mileage etc. Any chance anyone on MLU can find this information on my M38A1.... 67-08171 with a manufacture serial number of 97419 and manufactured in February 1967.

Regards,

lesk
Old 16-01-18, 20:38
carrier mech

Likely not. There were two versions of the equipment data repository (EDR): A basic one and a detailed one. About a year and a half back, all the DND websites changed their address and formats. At that time, the detailed repository got the delete button, but the basic one did remain.

Here at the museum we tried to get the data as soon as I realised what had happened, but the Office of Primary Interest (OPI) told us it was gone.

The sale price used to be included in the basic one, as well as the final VMO message, but for the much of the older data, those are gone as well.

The data on the EDR viewers data back to about 1978. For much of that equipment, it just isn't relevant anymore to the needs of the DND.
Old 19-01-18, 05:31

Default More Info For M38A1-Rob L.

Interesting and thanks Rob....too bad though as I would really have like to get all the info on this jeep.

As an update....I turned around the upper fording valve which was actually in the closed position for about 600 miles post rebuild....now it is open....the lower fording valve arm is parallel with the PCV valve and according to many sources this means its in the open position.....however, like the upper valve it will be removed and checked as soon as temps get warmer (cold garage)....hopefully, having the fording valves in the open position may slow down the oil loss rate as discussed in previous posts. As well I did get the OEM radiator back after its 3 row re-core.....looks great....hopefully it will keep the temps down

Thanks for all your help over these past several months Rob....its much appreciated.....thanks to others as well.

lesk