MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > BUY, TRADE or SELL > For Sale Or Wanted

Notices

Old 26-06-04, 04:54
3RD ECHELON WKSP

Default Cmps Wanted

I am sure that I am not alone in the searc for collectable cmps and parts. Lets face it though guys, most of our brothers in the community are collectors of miscellaneous bits as we can afford, or, we are pretty much in the same economic place as the rest of the country.
Surely there must be some real decent cmp vehicles or parts out there for the discerning collector. Unfortunately we seldon see or hear of them.
Guys, if there's some goodies out there for sale, I urge you to blow the dust off and share them around.
What's out there?
Old 27-06-04, 03:40
aka C. Mark Perry (CMP)

I'm on the hunt with you - in fact, there's a couple noted elsewhere on MLU, if you look around. I've inquired on the one in Que., but distance and costs and complications to get it from Point A to Point B are prohibitive. Closer to home, what I hear is "they're out there" - you just have to ask around, drive around, and snoop around - seems to work for some. It's certainly how I found my first Land Rover - a little tale of detective work in itself, involving cross-country skiing, a bar, a tea room and a Mountie.
I havent applied myself quite so determinedly to the CMP search ... yet.

Good Luck!
Old 27-06-04, 12:00
RIP

Default CMP Hunting

Hi all
As I've said before, CMPs grow on trees out here and time and distance with us is no problem. We travel from one end of the country to the other in our quests. However a good local detection tip is take your military vehicle for a drive to local rural towns and leave them parked in the main street. After a while the curious will come up and before you know it they'll start telling you about so and so who has or had something. Also follow up any rumours/urban myths. Sometimes they are true. These are tried and true hunting methods here.
Good hunting and if all else fails come over here, not that we would let you export any, they are all ours.
Bob