MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > The Softskin Forum

Notices

Old 03-07-03, 21:29
In Vino Veritas

Default Quad model

For those interested in a Quad model pulling a limber in 8th army markings check this place out I stumbled across. http://kingandcountry.co.uk/ww_ii/eighth_army.php just copy and paste if it doesn't work
Old 04-07-03, 15:07
RIP

Default last picture-Monty-8tu Army Shield Patch

Thanks for pointing out the site.On a prior thread,I stated that I cut off the 8th Army Shield off of my dad's original WW2 tunic & that it was positioned at the top of his left tunic sleeve just under his CANADA patch & just above his corporal stripe which I also still have.Others have stated it was sewn on top of the left shoulder flap with photos on an officers' tunic.I know the toy soldier is only of Monty's likeness & I may be wrong but note where his patch is on the left upper sleeve.I suspect there was no official ruling as to where it was to be displayed>As I mentioned before,once the 1st Div arrived in the european theatre from Italy,i was verbally told they sewed them back on to distinguish themselved from the other three Div's.Somewhere in Farley Mowats' books,he stated the same thing.
Still wondering!!
Old 05-07-03, 07:48
RIP

Default Military Police Illustratiom #15

Don't know Mr Carroll..but I just compared the way they're dressed compared with the photo of my dad in "The Liberation of Holland" book on page 88.The MP's are riding Nortons,wearing high top boots,white gloves & cross belts,while my dad,a CMP lance corporal(always getting busted in rank),is wearing spats.a long coat,no cross belt,& riding a Harley.Very interesting comparison.