MLU FORUM

MLU FORUM (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/index.php)
-   The Armour Forum (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Poor mans armour (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=29650)

karlos59 05-03-19 19:23

Thanks for the positive feedback. It has been difficult as there are none here in Australia to go and look at for reference. Pieces have been scratch built ( hinges and handles )or the net searched for parts that are similar in appearance ( front and rear lights )

Jonathan Moore 06-03-19 09:39

It's looking Fantastic, I am glad that you are spending time to get the inside detail right. Personally I am not a fan of the exterior colour and it's too glossy but it's your toy.

Keep up the good work.

Jon

karlos59 06-03-19 12:04

Paint

The paint is my one regret I went two pack and the guy in the shop put in extra to dull it. I hope in time that it will lose that look or I may cam it up.

karlos59 19-04-19 05:47

2 Attachment(s)
Been overseas on holidays and busy with other things since I have been back. Here are a few containers I collected over the years for this project. Two Five Litre Trinkwasser containers and a Twenty Litre Wasser container. Two Twenty Litre Fuel containers Im repainting as one was blue and the other was covered in surface rust.

Jonathan Moore 19-04-19 12:03

Fantastic project but please don't paint those trinkwasser kanisters and ahhhhh you painted over original ww2 Dunkelelb :bang:. Collectors go nuts for pieces with original paint on.

Jon

James P 19-04-19 16:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonathan Moore (Post 260265)
Fantastic project but please don't paint those trinkwasser kanisters and ahhhhh you painted over original ww2 Dunkelelb :bang:. Collectors go nuts for pieces with original paint on.

Jon

I agree. Nothing wrong with the original dunkel gelb paint on that Ambi Budd can outside of a little rust that could have been gently cleaned up.

Mike Gurr 19-04-19 21:00

I think if you re read his post he has not repainted the 20 litre water container, he has repainted the two 20 litre fuel cans as one was a rust finish and the other and already be repainted.

James P 19-04-19 22:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Gurr (Post 260279)
I think if you re read his post he has not repainted the 20 litre water container, he has repainted the two 20 litre fuel cans as one was a rust finish and the other and already be repainted.

No problem............and yes, I did read the post.

karlos59 20-04-19 07:00

Guys thanks for comments. The water containers are safe there was no way I was painting them. The fuel cans, one was blue and the other was mostly rusty with hardly any original paint.
Cheers Karl

karlos59 22-04-19 01:59

3 Attachment(s)
Here are some more items I have bought over the years for this project
A metal funnel and a pair of French Made Rabbit Ear Binoculars
Two more Jerycans with original paint One is an SS issue
A Replica MP40 and Flaregun

karlos59 14-07-19 08:11

Latest purchase

1 Attachment(s)
Finally got the most important piece to finish off the Turret. A replica MG42 will be fitting it soon

karlos59 24-08-19 05:59

Latest purchase

3 Attachment(s)
For those cold nights on the Russian Front an Original Katalyt Vehicle Heater

karlos59 06-10-19 04:30

Russian Markings

1 Attachment(s)
As suggested by several people I have finally got round to putting Russian markings on and then painting over them. Made up Stencil for first one. Hope to make two more soon

karlos59 27-10-19 04:42

1 Attachment(s)
Painted over star and weathered it a bit also. Only 2 more to do

karlos59 03-08-20 07:44

Additions

1 Attachment(s)
It has been a while since I last posted, have been busy with other projects. Here is my latest purchase an original WW2 German two litre oil can.