MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > Post-war Military Vehicles

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 22-01-14, 03:51

Default CF HLVW Photo reference gallery

Well, I hope you don't mind some history.

I have always wanted the whole story, all of it. I guess it comes from being a scale model maker and wanting all the detail to do it right, really right. Somehow that followed me when I got into recording CF vehicles and photo journalism.

I the early 1990s I had heard that two re production prototypes had been sold off and were leading quiet lives in civvy street. UTDC the licenced builder in Kingston sold them off or, PWSGC sold them. Someone will remind us soon. My bet is UTDC.

Anyhow. Through a flaw in my records I don't have a date for this first one but I can tell you that I trekked down to just past Kingston to a quaint volunteer Fire Department at a place called Newburgh.

I spent some time up on a tall ladder in a field to get these shots, the one that captures the light illuminated is one of my most favourite photos, the colour scanned in here just does not do it justice.

Anyhow, here she is, lets have some comments. Then I will chime in tomorrow with some of my own.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hlvw pp lhs f.jpg (111.9 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg hlvw pp frhs.jpg (104.8 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg hlvw pp lh rear.jpg (122.1 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg hlvw pp logo.jpg (54.2 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg hlvw pp axle.jpg (109.0 KB, 5 views)