MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > Military Shows & Events

Notices

Old 28-03-17, 13:38

Default Tulip Festival 2017 in Ottawa

Is it happening this year?
Old 28-03-17, 15:10

I would think that Stuart Fedak and others in Ottawa will be chiming in as soon as the Tulip get organised, I don't expect anything to any different than previous years.

Home of the Maple Leaf Adapter
2 Canadian Mk1 Ferrets
Kawasaki KLR250 CFR 95-10908 ex PPCLI
Canadair CL70 CFR 58-91588
Armstrong MT500 serial CFR 86-78530
Two Canam 250s
Land Rover S3 Commanders Caravan Carawagon 16 GN 07
Trailer Cargo 3/4 T 2WHD 38 GJ 62
Old 28-03-17, 21:38
Terry Warner

Apparently, Jeff Mosher is the point of contact.

- 74-????? M151A2
- 70-08876 M38A1
- 53-71233 M100CDN trailer

Beware! The Green Disease walks among us!
Old 30-03-17, 14:31

Default On facebook?

I suspect all of the info will be via Facebook as in previous years. If you don't do Facebook you may be out of luck!
Old 02-04-17, 06:45
Terry Warner

Default from FB

May 19 at 8 AM to May 22 at 3 PM

Lansdowne Park, 1015 Bank Street, Ottawa, Ontario K1S 3W7

(not sure whether this also applies to vehicle exhibitors - https://www.eventbrite.com/e/tulip-f...on-32629584967)

From Gunner Mike's posting, "The current plan is to spend Thu and Fri moving equip and vehs to Lansdowne. Camping will be available from Fri night to Sun night inclusive. Fri night is a big fireworks display and a stage show of international dancing. Sat and Sun we plan to do a demo battle and Sat night is the big Swing Dance ... there will likely be free swing dance lessons for us discombobulated types! Showers will be available as will parking underground. Opportunities for sorties to local pubs will be taken! Mon morning will be our teardown and convoy home. We may thin the ranks a bit on Sun evening. If you want to join in and don't have a WW II period uniform let me know soon and we'll see what we can fit you into. I'll post the registration link shortly. Indicate to Adam Cooke (Registration Coordinator) that you are with the Swords and Ploughshares Museum gang. Cheers! Mike"

- 74-????? M151A2
- 70-08876 M38A1

Old 02-04-17, 13:06

I see the festival website just makes reference to a military display but you really have to dig into the site to find that

http://www.tulipfestival.ca/

Home of the Maple Leaf Adapter
2 Canadian Mk1 Ferrets
Kawasaki KLR250 CFR 95-10908 ex PPCLI
Canadair CL70 CFR 58-91588
Armstrong MT500 serial CFR 86-78530
Two Canam 250s
Land Rover S3 Commanders Caravan Carawagon 16 GN 07
Trailer Cargo 3/4 T 2WHD 38 GJ 62
Old 05-04-17, 00:29

Well still a fair bit of time before launch and hoping details are coming along and being sorted out, then news/updates passed along thereafter.
Old 06-04-17, 14:23

Default Trailer parking for Tulip Festival

My usual question - anyone know if there will be truck/trailer parking for those of us out-of-towners who want to trailer in a vehicle?
Old 07-04-17, 05:03
Terry Warner

Default Ctf

The Cold War Collection volunteers have been briefed up on our roles and which vehicles will be on static display. Glad to be part of the community.

- 74-????? M151A2
- 70-08876 M38A1

Old 07-04-17, 22:12

To funny, the Ottawa Valley Schwimmwagen und Kettenkrad Owners Klub will attend also.
Old 18-04-17, 00:50
Terry Warner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart Fedak View Post

Adam C. has provided the link to register for the CTF event. He indicated this could be passed on to anyone interested in participating.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/tulip-f...=eventurl_text

Cheers!
Stuart
Thanks I just registered and that code spit out my weekend pass.

- 74-????? M151A2
- 70-08876 M38A1

Old 21-05-17, 17:54

And so another vehicle display/reenactor event within Ottawa wraps up. The weather was clear and sunny, the paying crowds (at $15 a head) where steady and asked plenty of questions, organization........well nobody got injured or starved to death, and the heroic Battle of Landsdowne Park had plenty of booms and bangs. This event gave me an opportunity to meet folks interested in history and see some neat little displays such as the "Home Guard" gang and the fellow with the 1942 Buick.

I brought two rare and unique historic vehicles for display both restored to a very high standard and I humbly feel certainly added value to the folks reenacting German troops and the over all event in general with period signage, blanks and loans of dewats. The event cost me in time, resources, fuel and vehicle mileage.

So shuttling the first vehicle back home last night I return to pick up the second only to find that some disrespectful idiot within the "encampment" had thought it great fun to disrespect me, my work, and my vehicle. I have a very good idea who did that and FULLY expect those involved to man up, grow a spine(s), and publicly apologize (at CTF 2018 will be fine). When an owner puts a vehicle out on display its one thing to watch out as the public attempts to take liberties with your property, but the people involved in running the event should NOT be dicking around with things that are NOT theirs !! And yes I am pissed on a couple levels and fully hold the "organizational" gang responsible for that childish prank ! So grow up and never F**k with things that one has no business F**king with !!!

Last edited by James P; 21-05-17 at 19:38.
Old 21-05-17, 19:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by James P View Post
And so another vehicle display/reenactor event within Ottawa wraps up. The weather was clear and sunny, the paying crowds (at $15 a head) where steady and asked plenty of questions, organization........well nobody got injured or starved to death, and the heroic Battle of Landsdowne Park had plenty of booms and bangs. This event gave me an opportunity to meet folks interested in history and see some neat little displays such as the "Home Guard" gang and the fellow with the 1942 Buick.

I brought two rare and unique historic vehicles for display both restored to a very high standard and I humbly feel certainly added value to the folks reenacting German troops and the over all event in general with period signage, blanks and loans of dewats. The event cost me in time, resources, fuel and vehicle mileage. So shuttling the first vehicle back home last night I return to pick up the second only to find that some disrespectful idiot within the "encampment" had thought it great fun to disrespect me, my work, and my vehicle. I have a very good idea who did that and FULLY expect those involved to man up, grow a spine(s), and publicly apologize (at CTF 2018 will be fine). When an owner puts a vehicle out on display its one thing to watch out as the public attempts to take liberties with your property, but the people involved in running the event should NOT be dicking around with things that are NOT theirs !! And yes I am pissed on a couple levels and fully hold the "organizational" gang responsible for that childish prank ! So grow up and never F with things that one has no business F,ing with !!!
Public events can be challenging enough.
Best wishes for a more positive outcome in 2018.
Old 21-05-17, 19:40

^ Its not the public that I have to worry about, they where all long gone and this was internal to the encampment/organization
Old 22-05-17, 21:31
Terry Warner

Quote:
^ Its not the public that I have to worry about, they where all long gone and this was internal to the encampment/organization
Bummer! I have the same sort of leeriness when hauling my treasures back and forth to the vehicle at gun shows.

- 74-????? M151A2
- 70-08876 M38A1

Old 23-05-17, 03:02

Quote:

I brought two rare and unique historic vehicles for display both restored to a very high standard and I humbly feel certainly added value to the folks reenacting German troops and the over all event in general with period signage, blanks and loans of dewats. The event cost me in time, resources, fuel and vehicle mileage.

So shuttling the first vehicle back home last night I return to pick up the second only to find that some disrespectful idiot within the "encampment" had thought it great fun to disrespect me, my work, and my vehicle. I have a very good idea who did that and FULLY expect those involved to man up, grow a spine(s), and publicly apologize (at CTF 2018 will be fine). When an owner puts a vehicle out on display its one thing to watch out as the public attempts to take liberties with your property, but the people involved in running the event should NOT be dicking around with things that are NOT theirs !! And yes I am pissed on a couple levels and fully hold the "organizational" gang responsible for that childish prank ! So grow up and never F**k with things that one has no business F**king with !!!
Sorry for your experience. I can assure you however that no one from the organizational gang went near your vehicle.
Old 23-05-17, 12:36

Well Mosher, I call Bull Shit to that ! There was the party that played their stupid and childish prank on my vehicle, those who allowed it to happen and those who did not step in and rectify it. And rest assured I will be taking this matter further.