MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > The Softskin Forum

Notices

Old 02-07-08, 07:38
Jeep guy in CMP world!

Default ORIGINAL CMP Ford Tool Packing List.

Hi All,

A while back in the CMP tool thread i mentioned i had an original, unused Ford CMP tool packing list. This list came out of a MB-F1, June 1943 edition Ford Maintenance manual. You will notice the list is dated 10-16-44. There are 2 pages in total, but i have made scans of both the top and bottom half of each page to clearly capture the detail.

Long story short, my mum used to trade in machinery and automible books- mainly info, parts and maintenance manuals for all sorts of vehicles, both originals and reprints her and my dad did (he is a printer!). When i got my jeep, she gave me the left over military manuals- the MB-F1 was one of 2 i had, sold one, kept this one because of the condition and the packing list. She said the list has ALWAYS been in the manual since she got it 25+ odd years ago.

With a small amount of time on my hands, i decided to scan the list and post it up for all to see thinking it would be of some use. I put my name on it and over some parts of it for fear of some people saving, printing and reproducing the list for retail sale. That is NOT my purpose for putting it up here. I just wanted to share some rare information with everyone for their and the hobbies benefit, not for their financial benefit.

If there is enough interest, i shall look into getting Dad to do a batch of reprints for a nominal fee (again, this is not why i posted it!)

Please enjoy the below pics and let the discussion begin!

* modeators- can this please stay as a thread of its own, but also be linked into the CMP tool thread?

Page 1

Page 2

Are there other versions of this form out there?

I hope this has helped some of you somewhat!

Cheers,
Ian.

1942 Script Willys MB, sn:131175
1942 Script Ford GPW, sn:11730
1944 Ford GPW
1943 #3 GMH jeep trailer
1945 #4 GMH, RAAF jeep Trailer
SOLD: Ford F15A. Aust. #? Office Body.
www.vintageengines.net

Last edited by Ian Fawbert; 04-07-08 at 08:42. Reason: change of pic web address
Old 02-07-08, 10:01
Film maker, CMP addict

Default List

That's very interesting Ian.

A similar set of lists was published in the Army's MVFS series which described each vehicle in detail with a photograph, drawings and complete list of special equipment including tools.

Thanks for sharing it.

42 FGT No8 (Aust) remains
42 FGT No9 (Aust)
42 F15
Keith Webb
Macleod, Victoria Australia
Also Canadian Military Pattern Vehicles group on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/canadianmilitarypattern
Old 02-07-08, 18:09

i have the tool lists such as this but its in my F15A-01 parts list,40-42 illustrated ford army parts catalogue and 3ton 4x2 parts list but not in my workshop manual.Are these pages part of your workshop manual or seperate pages inside

luke
Old 03-07-08, 07:14
Jeep guy in CMP world!

Hi guys,

Keith, the list is simliar to that in the MVFS. The MVFS's i have for several CMP's and other vehicles, as you said, contain much more detail about the vehicle itself as well as equipment like this. The other difference is the vehicle specific equipment, where as these lists are just tools and equipment. What i find interesting comparing it to the MVFS's, is that the part numbers and specifics about each piece of equipment is given. Also what i take could be contract info for vehicle's or equipment is also given on this packing list.

As a guess, I assume the packing list is something each vehicle should have coe with to show what was on board when new- thats how the equivalent packing list for a jeep was intended.

Luke- these 2 pages are separate to the maintenance/workshop manual- they were never part of it. I remember they were just sitting loose inside it when mum got the book off the shelf.

Cheers,
Ian.

1944 Ford GPW
1943 #3 GMH jeep trailer
www.vintageengines.net
Old 03-07-08, 10:23
No1, Mk 2** (I'm back!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Fawbert View Post
Hi All,

.. I put my name on it and over some parts of it for fear of some people saving, printing and reproducing the list for retail sale.

Are there other versions of this form out there?

Cheers,
Ian.
Hi, Ian. Understand the sentiment. Is the Title on the top forms Ford of Canada, or Australia?
Old 03-07-08, 11:08
Pops

I found one in a ford maintenance manual that I bought from an old fellow who had kept for many years.
Max
Old 04-07-08, 07:39
Jeep guy in CMP world!

Hi Tony,

It is Canada. Hope this helps somehow!

Max- are yours the same as mine or do they contain different items and info? Inparticular, the bit on my second page that says: AID AUS-218

Cheers,
Ian.

1944 Ford GPW
1943 #3 GMH jeep trailer
www.vintageengines.net
Old 05-07-08, 00:01
Pops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Fawbert View Post
Hi Tony,

It is Canada. Hope this helps somehow!

Max- are yours the same as mine or do they contain different items and info? Inparticular, the bit on my second page that says: AID AUS-218

Cheers,
Ian.
Ian I gave my list to Mike Cecil to look after but Keith should have photo or a copy of it,from what I rember it is the same and the date was 1944 on the list. There is a book that Keith has at the moment that has a list in the back but I think it is a Canadian list of tools, Keith is probably packing his bag for his trip north
Max
Old 05-07-08, 09:34
Jeep guy in CMP world!

HI Max,

Thanks for that info. It wouldbe interesting to see both your list and the one you mentioned Keith had if he has a chance to post them when he returns (hint hint nudge nudge Keith! ).

Cheers,
Ian.

1944 Ford GPW
1943 #3 GMH jeep trailer
www.vintageengines.net