Notices

Old 11-06-13, 11:10
Corowa Project 30

Default Warren Browns latest adventure

2013 International Classic Automobile Tour Italy, France, Germany and England

I am sure MLU members would like to know more details of Warren's next trip

Here is the short version of Warren's itinerary ;

• Flight to Milan, Italy
• Visit the National Motor Museum of Italy in Turin.
• Visit Enzo Ferrari museum at Modena.
• Then the Panini collection of Maserati cars.
• Travel to Maranello to visit the Ferrari museum at their factory.
• Visit to Lamborghini factory near Bologna and their museum.
• Move on to the Pagani car factory.
• Move on to Switzerland to see the largest Rolls Royce museum in the world at Dornbirn.
• On to France and the Schlumpf collection at Mulhouse.
• Then to Germany and visit Stuttgart and tour Mercedes factory and museum, also the Porsche museum nearby.
• Go to Nurburgring circuit and chance to drive around it.
• Fly to Birmingham, England and visit Donnington Grand Prix collection, this includes a few of Kevin Wheatcroft's WW2 German military vehicles.
• A visit to the factory of a well known luxury car maker, then see the British Motor Heritage Centre at Gaydon. On to Beaulieu and the National Motor Museum.
• Finishing off with three days at the Goodwood Festival of Speed and on the last day,
• a visit to Brooklands Museum, where they will see the replica Vickers Vimy that Warren's co-driver on the Peking to Paris, Lang Kidby flew from UK to Australia with Peter McMillan.
Research & Development
THE COROWA YEAR 30 PROJECT
Old 11-06-13, 20:10
MLU Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan Thompson View Post
• Move on to Switzerland to see the largest Rolls Royce museum in the world at Dornbirn.
Maybe he would want to fit in a visit to the largest private collection of Ford automobiles in the world at Hillegom? If he stops over at Amsterdam Airport I'd be happy to bring him there.

Hanno
Old 12-06-13, 00:57
Rick Cove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanno Spoelstra View Post
Maybe he would want to fit in a visit to the largest private collection of Ford automobiles in the world at Hillegom? If he stops over at Amsterdam Airport I'd be happy to bring him there.
Hi Hanno,

Thanks to you, Jill and I visited the Ford Museum in 2009. What an experience. More than 220 pre-WWII Ford vehicles on display. No military ones though. I asked why and was told the owner is not a fan of military vehicles. Still it was a treat to see, I took photos of almost every vehicle and I am not an Ford Exclusive person. Again we thank you for the suggestion,Hanno and we recommend it to everyone who can get to see the museum.

Regards Rick.
1940 F30S Cab11
1940 Chev WA LRDG "Te Hai"
1941 F60L Cab12
1943 Ford Lynx
1942 Bren Gun Carrier VR no.2250
Humber FV1601A
Saracen Mk1(?)
25pdr. 1940 Weir No.266
25pdr. Australian Short No.185 (?)
KVE Member.
Old 12-06-13, 16:31
MLU Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynx42 View Post
Thanks to you, Jill and I visited the Ford Museum in 2009. What an experience. More than 220 pre-WWII Ford vehicles on display. No military ones though. I asked why and was told the owner is not a fan of military vehicles. Still it was a treat to see, I took photos of almost every vehicle and I am not an Ford Exclusive person. Again we thank you for the suggestion,Hanno and we recommend it to everyone who can get to see the museum.
Hi Rick,

I think anyone with at least a passing interest in motor vehicles passing through the area should visit the Ford museum. I am glad you did and liked it!
Re. military vehicles, I did try to get the museum interested in acquiring Gordon's Ford/M-H SnoGo, but as you say Mr Den Hartogh's interest (the man who built up the entire collection from scratch) wasn't in military vehicles. Also, shortly after sadly he passed away. His family has taken over and continues to run the museum so the collection should be there to enjoy for years to come.

Hanno